Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder (HPPD) Support Forum
Sign in to follow this  
HDDeer

How to take klonopin

Preferably in handfuls. Joking.  

WARNING: DO NOT TAKE IT LIKE THAT!!!!

Take it in small chips, to take the edge off.  If you have 0.5mg pills literally bite off a chip of it.  You don't want it to sedate you throughout the day though.  And I know people with HPPD are sensitive to all drugs for the most part. 

Leave the rest for before sleep.  Or if you don't need it for sleep, literally take it when needed. 

Note: the odd thing with Clonazepam (which is not the case for Lorazepam and Diazepam) is that it takes like an hour to kick in.  So you can see the deal with that:  you have some weird visuals, you take the Klonopin, you have to wait an hour and perhaps the Klonopin doesn't even tame the visuals. That being said Klonopin is a pretty damn safe drug (if not mixed with other things). 

Edited by mgrade

I took 4mg of klono the first night, no affects followed the next day. Took 1mg a few days ago and had extreme rebound anxiety and paranoia the day after. I also took 4mg of lorazepam(ativan) a week prior to the 4mg of klonopin. Im not trying to step on anyones toes but i see the argument wether or not if benzos are addictive or a dependent, and if i had to choose id say dependent. I dont see how anyone would want to long term use with these. As a matter of fact id almost prefer not to take benzos. Ive read that in most cases whoever has taken klono has been extremely helpful to them, i for one am not an example. I wonder what that means in terms of my "hppd" 

Damn man 4 mg? Starting out half a mg did the job for me now I pop a 1 whenever the anxiety becomes too much.

I'm surprised it didn't knock your ass out.

If 4mg doesn;t work, klonopin isn;t for you.

4mg would put me to sleep too.

4mg is 'a lot'.  But unless you have COPD or take it with opiates, alcohol or barbiturates, Klonopin in particular is a super-safe drug!  

Snap-back anxiety is the issue!  If you run out of a prescript, the withdrawal is terrrible!!!  

I think the OD facts are like this: you would have to take 4,000 mg (or 4 grams) of Klonopin to have a 1% chance of dying. 

That is 1000x of a 4mg dose.

I do not suggest this btw.   But the reality of the situation is it would probably cost $50,000-$100,000 in Klonopin to kill you. 

Edited by mgrade

I actually suffered more from clonazepam than I did with HPPD. I self-medicated, and became an addict. Withdrawal was the worst 6 months of my life.

I hope it's going well, but I'd suggest keeping away from it if you possibly can. I'll never touch a benzo again.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Floreal
      hi, I state that I've never used psychedelics, I'm here because I have a friend who says he has hppd after a bad trip, what are your symptoms? I also have After-images, objects that leave trails, visual snow (especially in poorly lit areas) if I look for more than 10 seconds one thing I see it moving and breathing (even the text I'm writing now, if I pay attention I can see it move) if I look at square surfaces I can see static lights that create geometric shapes (even as a child I could lol) if I notice I have a ton of floaters, with all this I want to say that these "bugs" we have them all, only that we ignore them because they are not important for our conscience. the friend who claims to have hppd to me seems more that has a kind of ptsd that is activated when you notice these visual "bugs", then I noticed that even if I focus so much on the visual snow for example I will start to notice it more until you can not ignore it until something does not distract my attention, if we obsess about a little thing the brain will end up growing it until it becomes a problem, I could even be wrong but this friend has solved quite a bit 'of visual problems simply ignoring them, when he saw them he looked away and did not think about it, in this way the brain has activated again that filter that serves to remove the visual noise, the important thing is to make the brain understand that that information is not important to you. sorry if I wrote badly but I used google translator, thanks for reading
    • By Meltedface
      Hi, I'm new to this forum
      My condition started 1 year ago when I snorted 60mg of 2C-B, that night I had a horrible bad trip that ended in a panic attack and a visit to the hospital
      since that day I have anxiety problems, but I never had HPPD, visual snow, depersonalization / derealization, so I consider myself lucky !!!
      my symptoms have been more like traditional anxiety: chest pain, insomnia, fear of dying, muscle twitching, racing thoughts, nightmares, myoclonus (jerking when trying to sleep), shortness of breath, panic attacks the first few months...I think I have some form of PTSD caused by this bad trip
      I've been sober for almost 9 months and the only symptom I have now is muscle twitching (like fasciculations)... it's not a big deal, so I have a pretty normal life to be honest, I cannot complain.
      but if I drink alcohol/caffeine my anxiety increases the following days, and some old symptoms return.
      So I was wondering how bad it would be get drunk once a month and cut the anxiety of the following days with clonazepam? 
      (I can handle 2 beers without problem, but if I took more I may have some anxiety problems the following days)
      What do you guys think, is not worth it?
      Can my condition evolve into HPPD just because of alcohol?
    • By Tistik
      Hey everyone,
      I have had HPPD for like 3 months now, and I was just wanting to know if anyone knew what this was? I have discovered a black dot at the left side of my left eye. (The very far peripheral, i can't really make it out to well unless I blink) and I was wondering if this was related to HPPD? or if anyone has experienced this too? if i look forward and then blink a lot, I can see it gets bigger then fades away. I do overthink tremendously so i don't know if it is maybe just my eyelashes? or if i'm looking at the inside my eye and thinking its in my feild of view? or maybe its just the crease of my eye that i'm seeing?? anyway i'm quite scared because when i look it up i find sites for retinal detachment, and that scares me becasue i can only see out of one eye. if anyone could give me an answer to calm my nerves that would be great.
      thanks!
      PS. i'm going to the opticians soon to get it checked out. 
      PSS. I also have autism so i am hypersensitive. 
    • By Victor666
      Hello guys, it's been a year since i had the same problem as you. Always exactly 1 year I took 150ug of LSD and had a terrible bad trip that traumatized me and left me sequels. I had flashbacks and I missed a lot because of it. Distorted visions in my peripheral field. All this was cured with antipsychotics, especially risperidone (I can not remember the dosage). But what it took to be cured was the emotional sequel that caused me. Psychedelic experiences transform you radically and unfortunately if you are not prepared for them it may take a long time for you to get back on track and I confess that I am not yet 100% healed of this trauma. But what I can say to you is that the worst of all this is not the visions, but the horrible thoughts that go through our heads thanks to the anxiety that causes us. And what I want to know about this post is just that. What are the thoughts that torment you because of this anxiety? Write them in the comments and we'll help each other by talking about them. For example, I used to think all the time that I was getting schizophrenic, that there would be some outbreak, over time this evolved into existential crises where I thought my soul was lost in space time and I was not living reality, just watching it (depersonalization and derealization helped in this).
    • By Lao
      hi, what are your hppd symptoms?
      did you get your hppd from a bad trip?
      from which substance?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.