Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder (HPPD) Support Forum
Mike

Nuplazid, A new, novel medication, give it a look

Want to just throw out there that if anybody hopefully tries the low dose antipsych and hits some kind of wall, that that shouldn't disqualify Nuplazid in any way seeing that it's something for the most part completely different.  At least with the antipsych deal, your taking such a low dose that your shouldn't be dealing with side effects.

Edited by Mike

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:26 PM, K.B.Fante said:

For what it's worth, I contacted the authors of the recent North Carolina study about whether they think HPPD could be a result of a permanent sealing of the lid on the seratonin receptor and one of them said he thinks its highly unlikely. In fact, he specifically said he thinks there's no way it's even possible. Instead, he suggested the visual cortex could have become "sensitized" given our visual disturbances and the fact this area of the brain has a high number of 5-HT2A receptors

He sorta sounded like he was just spitballing, but I guess it's something. Still doesn't tell us much. 

Most likely what has happened in the brain with people who experience HPPD. From the sensitivity to visual distortions meaning the brain is having a difficult time filtering out useless visual stimuli to the over thinking and anxiety ridden disorders people develop also to the DP/DR phenomenon all suggest that 5ht2a receptors were upregulated either during the drug experience or afterwards as a defense response by the brain to compensate for the chaotic conditions that hallucinogenic drugs produce.

On another note, I may take this to my doctor and, after having kinda given up looking for new medications to help me for 5 or so years, I may yet again take up and gauntlet and start trying stuff again as recently my HPPD has been getting the better of me and have been bringing me down,

On 10/9/2018 at 8:48 AM, shaolinbomber said:

Most likely what has happened in the brain with people who experience HPPD. From the sensitivity to visual distortions meaning the brain is having a difficult time filtering out useless visual stimuli to the over thinking and anxiety ridden disorders people develop also to the DP/DR phenomenon all suggest that 5ht2a receptors were upregulated either during the drug experience or afterwards as a defense response by the brain to compensate for the chaotic conditions that hallucinogenic drugs produce.

On another note, I may take this to my doctor and, after having kinda given up looking for new medications to help me for 5 or so years, I may yet again take up and gauntlet and start trying stuff again as recently my HPPD has been getting the better of me and have been bringing me down,

This medication costs $28000 per year. Just a heads up. Good luck getting any form of financial funding unless you've been specifically diagnosed with psychosis due to Parkinson's.

Yeah its stupid expensive, maybe if they approve it for other uses or something else comes along on as an inverse agonist on the 5ht2a receptor is approved for something else, til then, its the only one out there like it as far as I know.

Hmmm i still don't get it. So the antagonists like olanzapine , risperidone block the receptorst while the inverse-agonists try to re-adjust restore the settings of the receptors to default? XD

Enlighten me

tried to to some reserach on this but brain fog and shor term memory problems fuck me up

Edited by HalluciSofos

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By facesofhppd.com
      June 11, 2019 
      SUBJ: Faces of HPPD Survey/Research Published – RESULTS!
      Dear HPPD Online Community:
      As a mom with a grown son with HPPD, I was so fortunate to come across this forum several years ago for information and support.  David Kozin, who runs this board, is an amazing man to have created and maintained this website and kept up his work/studies over the years – all the while suffering with HPPD.  I would like to thank him for this platform, and well as thank those of you who participated in the survey that I launched four years ago to collect data about individuals who had received an official diagnosis of the disorder.  
      Fast forward…. Here it is June 2019.  Long overdue for the published report, however, I lingered – always hoping to gain a larger sample of subjects.
      I am fortunate to have a PhD in psychology, experience in research, and a heart to try to make a difference. Instead of publishing a book, it only made sense to get the results in the hands of the scientists and medical professionals through scientific writing. I am so happy to tell you… the peer-reviewed medical journal, Addictive Disorders & Their Treatment, published by Wolters Kluwer publishers, has reviewed and accepted my manuscript for publication in an upcoming issue.  Last week the article completed rounds of publication editing and formatting.  The article is posted at their website for advance release.  
      Lewis, DM, Faces of HPPD: Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder Patient Survey Results and a Descriptive Analysis of Patient Demographics, Medical Background, Drug Use History, Symptoms, and Treatments.  Addictive Disorders and their Treatments. Forthcoming 2019. 
      The link is here: https://journals.lww.com/addictiondisorders/Abstract/publishahead/FACES_OF_HPPD__Hallucinogen_Persisting_Perception.99733.aspx     
      (NOTE:  This direct link will change probably in a month or two when the article is given a print-issue date – right now, it is advance copy, undated.  In the future, you can search the article at https://journals.lww.com/addictiondisorders/ .
      While the article is available for immediate download, many of you know that publishers charge money for copy downloads (this one is $49), and authors cannot give away their copy. This, I know, is not a good thing for some within the community who do not have the funds.
      However (here’s the good news 😉), I contacted the publisher and obtained permission to publish a summary of the results (the important data!) and I created an infographic that provides you all the results.  I am including it here as a .pdf file, attached. It’s reader-friendly, and I hope it provides insight.
      I want to mention some findings that particularly concern me:  the high rate of suicide ideation (among other co-morbid psychological/psychiatric symptoms reported), and the significant number of individuals who reported being unable to work due to HPPD.  I feel strongly that HPPD needs recognition as potentially disabling – and I believe there are some individuals who may need government assistance (eg, Social Security Disability benefits).  My future work leads me in the direction of carving a path for HPPD as a qualifying mental disorder for eligibility for assistance. I will keep you posted on that.
      Again, thank you so very much for those who partook in the survey.  
      My best wishes to each of you for good health and peace of mind, 
      Doreen M. Lewis, PhD
      https://www.facesofhppd.com
      https://www.vellichorresearch.com 

Faces of HPPD Infographic - LEWIS.pdf
    • By therocknamedwonder
      Has anyone had any positive effects OR negative effects with kratom or valerian? Specifically red vein kratom.
      Does taking either of these plants affect your HPPD? In what way? Thank you! 🙂
    • By MrCipher
      Im wondering on your experience with oxycodone and hppd specifically your visuals.
    • By MrCipher
      Im wondering on your experience with oxycodone and hppd specifically your visuals.
    • By MrCipher
      Hello i was recently prescribed soma (carisoprodol) for my back pain, i was wondering how it affected your visuals as i'm contemplating on taking it. A little background is that my hppd is super mild, i've  only had it for around a month, i barely get after images and i get slight tracers which are not noticeable too much during the day but get slightly worse at night when bright objects move past my field of view eg. a phone screen. Also i can take benzodiazepines like diazepam and gabaergics like gabapentin without a change in any visuals. thank you for reading and i'm looking forward to your responses(please don't be negative). :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.