Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder (HPPD) Support Forum
Mike

Nuplazid, A new, novel medication, give it a look

Want to just throw out there that if anybody hopefully tries the low dose antipsych and hits some kind of wall, that that shouldn't disqualify Nuplazid in any way seeing that it's something for the most part completely different.  At least with the antipsych deal, your taking such a low dose that your shouldn't be dealing with side effects.

Edited by Mike

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:26 PM, K.B.Fante said:

For what it's worth, I contacted the authors of the recent North Carolina study about whether they think HPPD could be a result of a permanent sealing of the lid on the seratonin receptor and one of them said he thinks its highly unlikely. In fact, he specifically said he thinks there's no way it's even possible. Instead, he suggested the visual cortex could have become "sensitized" given our visual disturbances and the fact this area of the brain has a high number of 5-HT2A receptors

He sorta sounded like he was just spitballing, but I guess it's something. Still doesn't tell us much. 

Most likely what has happened in the brain with people who experience HPPD. From the sensitivity to visual distortions meaning the brain is having a difficult time filtering out useless visual stimuli to the over thinking and anxiety ridden disorders people develop also to the DP/DR phenomenon all suggest that 5ht2a receptors were upregulated either during the drug experience or afterwards as a defense response by the brain to compensate for the chaotic conditions that hallucinogenic drugs produce.

On another note, I may take this to my doctor and, after having kinda given up looking for new medications to help me for 5 or so years, I may yet again take up and gauntlet and start trying stuff again as recently my HPPD has been getting the better of me and have been bringing me down,

On 10/9/2018 at 8:48 AM, shaolinbomber said:

Most likely what has happened in the brain with people who experience HPPD. From the sensitivity to visual distortions meaning the brain is having a difficult time filtering out useless visual stimuli to the over thinking and anxiety ridden disorders people develop also to the DP/DR phenomenon all suggest that 5ht2a receptors were upregulated either during the drug experience or afterwards as a defense response by the brain to compensate for the chaotic conditions that hallucinogenic drugs produce.

On another note, I may take this to my doctor and, after having kinda given up looking for new medications to help me for 5 or so years, I may yet again take up and gauntlet and start trying stuff again as recently my HPPD has been getting the better of me and have been bringing me down,

This medication costs $28000 per year. Just a heads up. Good luck getting any form of financial funding unless you've been specifically diagnosed with psychosis due to Parkinson's.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By MrCipher
      Im wondering on your experience with oxycodone and hppd specifically your visuals.
    • By MrCipher
      Im wondering on your experience with oxycodone and hppd specifically your visuals.
    • By MrCipher
      Hello i was recently prescribed soma (carisoprodol) for my back pain, i was wondering how it affected your visuals as i'm contemplating on taking it. A little background is that my hppd is super mild, i've  only had it for around a month, i barely get after images and i get slight tracers which are not noticeable too much during the day but get slightly worse at night when bright objects move past my field of view eg. a phone screen. Also i can take benzodiazepines like diazepam and gabaergics like gabapentin without a change in any visuals. thank you for reading and i'm looking forward to your responses(please don't be negative). :)
    • By MrCipher
      Hello i was recently prescribed soma (carisoprodol) for my back pain, i was wondering how it affected your visuals as i'm contemplating on taking it. A little background is that my hppd is super mild, i've  only had it for around a month, i barely get after images and i get slight tracers which are not noticeable too much during the day but get slightly worse at night when bright objects move past my field of view eg. a phone screen. Also i can take benzodiazepines like diazepam and gabaergics like gabapentin without a change in any visuals. thank you for reading and i'm looking forward to your responses(please don't be negative). :)
    • By thelostreceptor
      "BPC-157 is a synthetic peptide that is being investigated for its regenerative effects. It shows high efficacy for rats suffering toxic or surgical trauma, but there is currently no evidence that it provides benefits for people."
      I stumbled upon this peptide after browsing some websites and then I found reddit posts of users claiming that they cured their anhedonia. This substance does not mask symptoms like traditional drugs, but really has some sort of a healing mechanism that rapidly undoes damage from the dopamine system, with almost no side effects reported. This got my interest and I decided to try it out. Here are the results:
      Dosage
      250mcg in the morning and 250mcg in the evening, administered with subcutaneous injections. So far I have used a total of 10mg in around 10 days, and I'm planning to do extra cycles in the future.
      While injections offer the best bioavailability, it is reported that this substance is stable when taken oral. I cannot confirm this and I'd recommend to inject the substance, or use it sublingually (under the tongue). Subcutaneous injections are almost painless and you'll get used to it quickly.
      Benefits
      I'm experiencing permanent benefits from this trial. In general I feel much calmer with myself and my mind is so much clearer. My sense of time has changed back to normal. It feels like the world around me is moving normal again and I can get more done. I'm even boring myself when I'm free. Before this trial I would be able to do a lot less in an hour and it felt like the time shifted faster, and it felt I couldn't get a hold of the world moving around me.
      Cognitive functioning has improved a little, I mostly feel benefits from taking fish oil and I believe this substance has contributed to it Depersonalisation and derealisation has definitely improved. Most of the time, it doesn't even bother me and I feel more attached to myself My anhedonia has decreased, I didn't experience a huge improvement but it's still much better I feel generally less anxious - I haven't worried about my condition since My visuals have not changed in any way, but the substance helped me to handle them easier and they don't feel like a big annoyance anymore.
      Side effects
      I did not experience any side effects, which is good. There is some research suggesting that it increases tolerance to amphetamine, but it hasn't been tested on humans. 
      I definitely recommend anyone with HPPD to try this substance. It might help you a lot with depersonalization and derealisation, as it did with mine.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.