High fat low carb diet

I'm going to be trying this out over the next week starting Monday. Gonna be strict.

Will keep daily reports on how I'm feeling on this new diet and if it has any effect on symptoms.

6 hours ago, K.B.Fante said:

You should try and eliminate dairy and gluten too. I'm telling ya, glutamate is a killer. I eliminated it just a few days ago and have felt a world of difference in just that timespan. 

I will. 

I suspect my body will consider this a withdrawal of sorts and I'll feel like shit for a few days.

I've done the keto diet on and off the last four year-- one on, two off, and one on. I find it's a great diet for energy, mental clarity, anti inflamitory support, and self esteem (you're gonna lose a lot of weight. I also eat no gluten (there just isn't much you can eat with gluten that doesn't also have carbs). 

For emotional support, it is great at reducing anxiety. Also without the insulin dips and spikes from eating carbs ones mood is more stable.

in terms of weight loss, I went from 215 down to 164 where I am stable (I'm 6ft). It definitely made me feel better about myself! 

Just be prepared for a bit of the keto flu. You're going to crave carbs like no other. In fact you won't feel hungry for anything else. This will last 1-2 weeks and then your taste buds will change. I sometimes eat straight butter at restaurants because it tastes so good to me haha.

if you want to get into ketosis FAST there are some thugs that will help: exercise and no cheating. Keep caloric intake at about 1600 calories. You can also spend 3-5 days eating one stick of cream cheese a day and only that haha. I did that for two days; this wasn't as bad as one would think. 

I've heard dairy ain't great for you but can someone school me as to why? I've never really looked because it's a huge part of me keeping my sanity not eating carbs. I could live on Brie hahah.

hope it goes well for you! Just stick it out through the cravings and low energy and I promise you'll feel better soon :)

On 6/10/2017 at 2:11 PM, TheMythos said:
15 hours ago, Onemorestep said:

I've done the keto diet on and off the last four year-- one on, two off, and one on. I find it's a great diet for energy, mental clarity, anti inflamitory support, and self esteem (you're gonna lose a lot of weight. I also eat no gluten (there just isn't much you can eat with gluten that doesn't also have carbs). 

For emotional support, it is great at reducing anxiety. Also without the insulin dips and spikes from eating carbs ones mood is more stable.

in terms of weight loss, I went from 215 down to 164 where I am stable (I'm 6ft). It definitely made me feel better about myself! 

Just be prepared for a bit of the keto flu. You're going to crave carbs like no other. In fact you won't feel hungry for anything else. This will last 1-2 weeks and then your taste buds will change. I sometimes eat straight butter at restaurants because it tastes so good to me haha.

if you want to get into ketosis FAST there are some thugs that will help: exercise and no cheating. Keep caloric intake at about 1600 calories. You can also spend 3-5 days eating one stick of cream cheese a day and only that haha. I did that for two days; this wasn't as bad as one would think. 

I've heard dairy ain't great for you but can someone school me as to why? I've never really looked because it's a huge part of me keeping my sanity not eating carbs. I could live on Brie hahah.

hope it goes well for you! Just stick it out through the cravings and low energy and I promise you'll feel better soon :)

I went dairy free for a year then went back on it for about the last four months due to other health issues. I felt like crap on it. I think cheese here or there is OK and doesn't seem to bother me, but milk, yogurt, etc., just made me feel terrible and gave me stomach aches. Not sure exactly why dairy is decreasing in popularity but I know it's high in glutamate which isn't good for our brains either. 

14 hours ago, Jay1 said:

What health issues require dairy? Whoever is telling you you need dairy is full of shit.

I have thyroid issues and dairy is high in iodine so I just started to incorporate it into my diet to get iodine. Nobody really told me I had to. Bad choice obviously. I can't tell you how much better I've felt since getting off it again. 

Yea, just go with a supplement.

Considering how sensitive we are to every little thing, the amount of hormones pumped into dairy can't be a good thing.

Sorry if my post sounded aggressive, just read it back... I think i forgot which forum i was on!!! As a vegan, i'm often being told how we need milk/meat etc to survive, so it is my default!

19 hours ago, Jay1 said:

Yea, just go with a supplement.

Considering how sensitive we are to every little thing, the amount of hormones pumped into dairy can't be a good thing.

Sorry if my post sounded aggressive, just read it back... I think i forgot which forum i was on!!! As a vegan, i'm often being told how we need milk/meat etc to survive, so it is my default!

No worries! I knew where you were coming from. I never even thought of the hormones, which might have actually made my hormones messed up even more. All I know is I felt absolutely awful on dairy. As for being a vegan, it's actually pretty crazy how healthy you guys test out. Studies show time and time again that vegans are more healthy across the board than meat eaters. I don't know enough about the science as to why or whether we need meat, but from what I gather vegans tend to be healthier than just about any group around. 

I definitely feel healthier, especially now I understand the foods available to me more. So many easy ways to maintain protein intake, vitamins etc... Only B12 is lacking, but that is lacking in most non vegan diets too (supplements to the rescue).

I hoped it might help with hppd too, but not for me... Though I am living as a peaceful a life as possible now, which helps my overall mental health.