New to the form and I would like some insight into my hppd

Alex C

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and have only spent a couple of hours reading through it.

I have had mental health problems as long as I remember but it has never been diagnosed. So it's not definite but the family doctor, past psychiatrists, and my school nurse have all thought that I suffer from anxiety and depression, and I believe so too.

all of my symptoms make me feel ver depressed and anxious, and like my life is hopeless and I can't live like everyone else.

i have used 25i-nbome twice, the first time was fine but the second time I had a very bad trip and I believed that I was dead.

its been almost 3 months now and I've been experiencing what seems to be symptoms of hppd.

My symptoms are:

In dark rooms or when my eyes are closed I see blue or red fractals at the centre of my vision, and I'm mildly lit rooms they travel over the walls,

Long lasting after images from bright objects,

the worst symptom is that whenever I look at carpets and sometimes other objects they seem to grow this psychedelic pattern into them, seeing this really scares me. I avoid it by not looking at the floor basically but if I do then it will make me really anxious and more prone to my symptoms for the rest of the day. Does anybody else see this? Because I've only ever read about one other person having it.

i see slight red lines over my keyboard on my phone screen

On plain walls I also see what seems to be like mild static.

when I am hungover I also have strong CEV's that basically take me back to the night before or I see a distant screen that shows what seems to be videos of me

I still have hope for this going away as a lot of the symptoms are only really there when I think about them. So I was wondering if others think this seems hopeful or not?

the fear of my symptoms never going away also scares me a lot and makes things a lot worse.

i am basically sober now, I don't even drink caffeine, but I do occasionally drink alcohol which I am trying to stop. I am on a diet and I go to the gym for a couple of hours daily.

i can have episodes where I feel a lot better and that it is going to go away, and I can sometimes have whole days when I don't think I see any visual disturbances, but small things like my mood being changed can bring it on again where I feel worried about the hallucinations all the time.

i am only 17 so I don't have access to any medication to help yet and it takes a long time to go through the children's mental health service.

i was wondering if people think my hppd will fade eventually, and if there is anything else I can do to further my recovery.

please don't give comments that are negative or make me feel like I will never be cured because it makes things a lot worse for myself.

thank you for any responses given!

Hi Alex.  I have what you describe when you look at carpets.  With me it happens when I look at anything with a fine grain (sand,  cement, textured ceilings, etc.).  I used to have intense CEVs which have cleared up but it took a long time.  Note, I dosed hundreds of times so it's not a surprise.  I'm not familiar with the chemical you've ingested but I'm assuming it's a psychedelic.  Your symptoms sure sound like hppd to me.  However, I'm not a doctor or an expert on the topic.  I've just had it for a long time.

You're doing the right thing by refraining from psychoactive substances.  Because you've only dosed a few times I think you have a better chance at recovering.  You're also taking care of your body which, for me, helped a lot.  Also, the fact that the symptoms fade at times sounds like an excellent sign.  My visuals are constant unless I'm focused on something like driving, work, or a hobby where I use my hands.

Above all, don't despair!  Even if your symptoms don't entirely go away you can live a wonderful and productive life.  Hang in there.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• By Markjones88,
      I have engaged in many many binge drinking episodes over the last decade or so and began to suffer panic attacks during withdrawal as a result. Hypersensitive receptors? Maybe. 
      I developed HPPD with comorbid DP/DR in 2005 so have a feeling that all of the negative psychological symptoms are linked to this neurological disorder.
      I have tried SSRIs which did naught to help my psychological problems whilst increasing my visual symptoms and am currently on lamictal (100mg) for five weeks which doesn't seem to be demonstrating much efficacy thus far.
      I have been reading about the damage binge drinking can cause to our NMDA/R and am wondering if the NMDA/R might also be linked to my HPPD/DP/DR.
      I also suffer from trichotillomania if that is relevant at all. 
      Would TMS be useful if the NMDA is implicated in what ails me? TMS on the PFC of perhaps another area of the brain?
      I know positive thinking/acceptance/exercise etc. are very useful at helping on live with this conditions but really think I need the expertise of a neurologist/psychiatrist to truly make somewhat of a recovery from these disorders. 
      Thanks for all of your help and thank you for reading.
    • By und3rlif3
      Whats is the symptom you (or symptoms) its harder for you to deal with (in my case: palinopsia, DP, Anxiety, uncertainty of where im gonna get, dizzines) ?
    • By Blossy
      Im totally aware I do this but now my kids ( well, my youngest kid! ) has noticed and this has turned into family ' lets poke fun at Dad' thing - if only they knew the cause!! Hah! :-$
      So, anyway, I have a really weird thing, and I quantify if my thinking, if I touch things 'they will be ok and won't start moving again', i.e., start tripping again! I mean, when I'm in the car, I regularly flick/tap the windscreen with my nail on my middle finger, sitting at home I do the same on tables if I'm walking past a wall to the wall, even lying in bed, ill often reach out and trap the wall, also to make sure its all still 'there'!!! My daughter says I often tap my self too, usually on the forehead, I mean, wtf!!! LOL 
      Sometime I STILL have that sinking feeling when you are falling deep into trip, that horrible feeling in your mouth too, and wake up sweating and tap the wall to make sure everything is all right!
      Crazy I know, and note, I'm 27 years into living with HPPD so am pretty long in the tooth, and honestly, since joining this forum, completely at terms with it knowing I am not insane, or crazy, or on an endless trip ( even tho I think I am to an extent ) or the only guy in the world to have had 'this' happen to him!
      Anyway, just one of my MANY brain bending quirks I have after many years of abuse! Double note, 8 years drug ( coke ) free, 20 years Acid and 'E' free. Still enjoy alcohol, and caffeine, and I must confess, taking Vallium on a few long haul flights recently was pure bliss, although also reminded me of some dark times during the 'downers years'!!!
      Anyway, anyway. maybe its just me, thought id throw it our there anyways!
    • By Thomz
      I don't know why I've got hppd, the symptoms started years after my bad trip. I used to smoke a lot of "spice" when I was a teen, one time I had a really bad trip, strange hallucinations, and a panic attack. Years after, hppd like symptoms occured, like trails, afterimages etc, but I can't find a cause except maybe anxiety.
    • By Loukas iliop
      I came across this idea through some research and it might actually be helpful. Im not saying thats a cure or anything near that BUT subliminal messages have been proven that by their interaction with the subconscious mind trick it into believing what we want it to believe(seems like a placebo effect but its not). Basically, subliminals can be beneficial if they want them to be(crazy, right? ). Well its not. Its just the law of attraction. And dont get me wrong here because i don't want to give people false hopes, im not saying that it will be 100% helpful to every single person in here, im just saying that people should at least research it. Personally, ive used some subliminals in the past and they did help a lot(for thick hair etc.) I did have some good results, im not gonna lie. So i saw a video on yt(subliminal about hppd ) and it actually made a lot of sense. At the moment, im working on my own subliminal which will be specifically about hppd. The reason why im the one who makes it, its because i want to make sure that all the messages i will be using are 100% positive for the mind. I will upload this here but if you dont find it positive enough for your mind don't listen to it. There are some more factors to make a subliminal 'work' which i will be explaining if you want me to(im not no expert or anything near that so i advise you to research anything before trying). Thanks! 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.