New psychiatrist

This is the one that replaced my old pdoc who really worked with me on HPPD and took it seriously. I'm going to show her articles. I couldn't find the keppra one but I found the sinemet one, one where they used lamictal (which I've already tried), and a couple of others just to show her it's a real disorder.

I'm going to tell her that these are my next options:

*Upping the depakote to see if that does anything

* Keppra

* Sinemet

And will report back with whatever I get and its efficacy. 

Omg no ! Zyprexa is an anti-psychotic drug . According to Dr Abraham these drugs have bad effect on hppd . It's a dopamine antagonist instead of agonist .

'' Unfortunately, the condition can be misdiagnosed as schizophrenia, with negative consequences for patients. According to Abraham, “HPPD patients often have been given dopamine blockers which makes the condition worse…it anything they’re traumatized by the healthcare system rather than helped by it.”

http://www.neurologytimes.com/review-article/when-party’s-over—-case-hppd

7 hours ago, SaraSara said:

Omg no ! Zyprexa is an anti-psychotic drug . According to Dr Abraham these drugs have bad effect on hppd . It's a dopamine antagonist instead of agonist .

'' Unfortunately, the condition can be misdiagnosed as schizophrenia, with negative consequences for patients. According to Abraham, “HPPD patients often have been given dopamine blockers which makes the condition worse…it anything they’re traumatized by the healthcare system rather than helped by it.”

http://www.neurologytimes.com/review-article/when-party’s-over—-case-hppd

I'm not really that big a fan of Dr. Abraham. Only a third of his patients were helped in that study with dopamine agonists. Where does that leave the rest? Plus its worth a shot because Abilify helped somewhat just not enough.