Drinking and HPPD

Yayoe10

I drank quite a bit for about 10 years in my life.  It didn't make my visuals worse or better but it beat the he'll out of my body.  It masks the causes of anxiety and depression which were all waiting for me when I stopped.  It cures nothing and it's a nasty drug if you can't control it.  Some can, some can't .  Stopped long ago, never looked back.

I drink regularly and excessively! I don't really notice anything - maybe a little more symptoms the day after.

Hell, alcohol and opiates are the only things I can enjoy anymore! Weed, tramadol, pills - they all send me loopy for a long time after.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm able to drink pretty heavily without increase in symptoms. In fact I find drinking helps my symptoms not only during but afterwards. Only time I noticed negative effects was when I went pretty hard on Christmas break and drank heavily everyday for almost a week straight, the only increase effect was a lingering headache and head pressure for about a week afterwards. I had quite a few drinks last night and I havnt even seen a floater today at all, mind you I havnt been looking at the sky for them. I think the reason for this is because when I drink I end up sleeping like a baby, more sleep = less visuals.

After my new year's hangover last year  my visuals were much worse, so I quit drinking for about 6 months. But one day I was tired of being sober,  and since i've been drinking beer and even rhum or whiskey sometimes, every weekend.

Maybe it prevents me to completely recover. I don't know, but this kind of behaviour doesn't help for healing... (i'm talking about visuals only)

Edited by lysandre