• Similar Content

• By tlehmbecker
      So, after a hospitalization for a suicide attempt I've been put on 10mg Abilify (aripiprazole) and have been taking it daily.
      Haven't noticed my symptoms getting worse. Perhaps slightly, but nothing unbearable at this point. 
      Additionally I have tried 1:1 THC:CBD weed with no worsening of symptoms. This suggests to me at least that the mechanism behind my HPPD is entirely different than the common hypotheses.
    • By tlehmbecker
      So, for the past week or so I've been smoking a strain that's nearly all CBD and (almost) no THC (I think it's about 13% CBD and maybe 1% THC). I smoke it in joint form, usually shortly before bed.
      I haven't noticed anything getting better or worse. However, it has done wonders for my insomnia and helps me feel relaxed before I hit the sack. Excellent stress relief.
      I have a strain that's nearly 1:1 THC to CBD to try still, so I have no idea how the THC will play into things. Planning on doing that this weekend since this will give me ample recovery time should I have a bad time (I don't expect to though).
      Also, the joints I roll tend to be pretty light, about the size of a hand-rolled cigarette.
      Also, as a sidenote, I have asthma and the smoke hasn't aggravated it all, usually only if I take a hit that was a little too much. Even then, a few hearty coughs and sips of water later and I'm fine
    • By CCO
      Hello all, 
      My name is Christiaan, I'm 18 years old. Over this past summer I smoked copious ammounts of cannabis and consumed LSD thrice, with a space of three weeks between the first and second expereinces and one week between the second and third. On the first two occasions I consumed half of a 155ug tab and smoked a small ammount of cannabis alongside (around one bowl). during the final experience I tripped in haste in my home, and dabbed pretty heavily alongside. I had an amazing experience on 3/4 of a tab, and on the comedown of this trip I accidentally ate another 3/4 tab, intending to redose only 1/4. I panicked and went to my sister, who became upset and started to frighten me as I began to trip harder, and so I just went into my room and panicked quietly. Eventually, maybe two hours later I took 15mg Remeron, an SNRI I'm perscribed for GAD/Depression, which put me to sleep for a few hours. When I woke up I was no longer tripping. Needless to say, since this past experience I have ceased all cannabis/hallucenogen consumption.
      I have been seeing slight hallucenations. Surfaces sometimes breathe, subjects in paintings seem to float and move around, and when reading lettering, especially on a screen, the words and lines can really seem to warp and slide around a bit. I also have noticed strong starbursting affects on lights especially at night, but I'm fairly sure I experienced that before. I am terrified of this developing into something less easy to ignore, especially since I took an SNRI while I had a good bit of acid in my system. As time goes on I become less and less hopeful that this is simply my anxiety or heightened awareness of normal phenomena. 

Thank you so much if you managed to read all this.
      -Christiaan
    • By Originally
      So I took acid twice like 4 months before school was over, I had no residual effects and lived my life as normal. On June 2nd I went to a friend's house, it was his birthday. We all brought weed, I brought 2g's my friend did the same. We smoked a duck ton, around 6 grams. That whole time I didn't have visuals, I was chilling. This was like a month after taking lsd, no visuals in that time frame. After that night I woke up, grabbed the bubbler and smoked 2 bowls. I went home and that day was weird. I felt it the whole day, 8am to 1am. I was on my computer for a few hours that day, when I got off I had a massive black rectangle in my vision. Black as hell, I didn't know what was happening. I didn't know what it was. I think I got hppd from weed and not lsd. Now my symptoms are better, I notice them like 3-5 times a day. Things are good, just don't feel like myself, cloudy brain. 
      Thanks for reading, I just had a massive realisation. Replies much appreciated
    • By DaveB84
      Hey guys,

So i'm a 32 year old male who's been doing a bit of self diagnosing on the web recently.  Guessing that's probably what brings most people to this forum.  Anyways, here's my story if you wouldn't mind reading, and perhaps offering a bit of advice.  Also, please believe that I don't suffer from any sort of psychosis and I'm not making any of this up:

When I was 15 I had a pretty terrible reaction to smoking weed.  I realize that must seem pretty mild in comparison to what usually gets talked about on this board.  I began smoking occasionally with some close friends during that time, and it wasn't until years later that I even found out that weed seemed to affect other people differently than me.  This was mostly due to the fact that I was hanging out with older, "cooler" people than me- so i didn't really bother to ask them what their experience was like, or to tell them about mine.  Whenever I would smoke, I would feel completely normal afterwards for a short time until something would trigger the "high".  When it hit me, my vision would completely change and get kind of blurry, and distorted (it's very hard to explain and i've been trying to for years haha) and I would feel very tingly and extremely disconnected from reality.  The last time I smoked it resulted in the worst experience of my life.  I felt like i was on another planet, my vision was as I described before, and it felt like sounds were delayed.  I went into a bathroom and began hitting a wall to try to feel something, but even my tactical sensations seemed to be dulled.  I won't bother with telling every detail of the next few hours, but basically it was hell.  I ended up going to my friends house who advised that I just take a nap and that i'd probably feel better.  When I woke up it was dark outside, and the first thing that I noticed was that the anxiety and most of the feelings that i'd had earlier had gone- I felt much better.  However, as I walked out of the dark room and saw the light in the hall- I noticed that my vision was still the same as it had been during my earlier experience.  My first thought was that it might just take a while for the drugs to completely leave my system.  That didn't happen.  It's been about 17 years since that experience and my vision has been the same ever since.

Over the years, i've pretty much gotten used to it- and short of an anecdote that i'd tell occasionally when friend's asked me why I didn't smoke; I didn't really think about it all that much.  Recently, my vision has begun to get a bit worse- and I've been developing what seems to be a case of DP/DR (Depersonalization/Derealization) that seems to be getting worse by the day.  My vision combined with the dp/dr is beginning to make my life pretty scary.  It's enough just to have a feeling that things "aren't real", but then to have the vision issue backing it up- it's a pretty nasty combo.

Anyways, as most modern people do when experiences medical or psychological issues- I started doing some research online and it eventually led me here.  I'd like to know if THC can lead to HPPD.  Am I way off base?  And if so, does this sound like anything that anyone has had any experience with?  Since I was a teenager, I've been trying to figure out what happened to me that day, and I'd pretty much given up hope that i'd ever find an answer.  Now due to everything that's going on it seems like I don't have much of a choice.  I'm pretty desperate to find answers.

--If anyone has made it this far, thank you so much for taking the time to hear me out.  If you can offer any words of wisdom it would really mean a lot to me.

Thanks,
      Dave
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ToyStoryJohn

Bad Headaches

1 post in this topic

So! I have ever had any problem with smoking weed or any psychedelics in the past but as of a week ago, every time i smoke my pupils dilate and i get bad headaches that seem to just turn into pain throughout my body. i dont want to stop smoking weed because im very bored all the time. I took shrooms about a year ago, when i was 16, and didnt have very much because i was sharing with a lot of people. about a month or two ago i took acid and tripped for like 18 hours and it didnt go away fully until i went to sleep. since then there wasnt any problems until a week ago. i ate a weed brownie at 8;00 before a field trip at school and didnt feel it until i took a bowl when i got home. i was scared at first because i got way too high then my pupils got big and i started feeling like i was on acid. coincidentially, i also quit smoking tobacco around the same day this all happened. ive done moaks for about 6 or 7 months and decided it was time to quit. im not sure what is causing the acid flashbacks but they are very annoying because they hurt my head a lot, and the pain isnt limited to my head. i feel immense pain on my right shoulder and all up my arm, kinda like i hit my funny bone really hard and its like a lingering pain. if anyone has any information that i dont know i would grately appreciate it because im thinking about not smoking weed for a while but i dont want it to be for no reason

Edited by ToyStoryJohn