Rewire the brain using benzo?

Hello

Recently i have had this thought in my head. In high doses of benzo (5mg or more) i become basicly symptom free. 

I haven't done this before doe because of tolerance issues and so on. 

But imagine if our brain become so "normal" trough high doses of benzo that it would actually rewire the brain to it's normal state? 

I don't know if anybody have tried this but i see it like a form of healing. The brain is amazing and in almost every cases want to go back to it's "normal" state. And maybe this could give our brain a chance to actually heal itself. 

Just a thought.

Antidepressants have been proven to increase neurogenesis (the growth of new neurons) but I'm not sure about benzos. I imagine there's a possibility of overlap though... 

I completely agree with your assessment that the body is a healing machine, is designed to repair itself and is in a constant state of regeneration -- IF you're healthy and feed it what it wants and needs in order to complete its repairs. If you eat junk, don't exercise, never stimulate your brain and take the steps necessary to heal then you're going to have a much more difficult time getting better. 

I also felt better on benzos but got hooked and ended up with insomnia for months, so I have a different perspective on this. If you have great self control and want to use benzos a few time a week I don't see any problem with that, you just have to be careful and also remember to do all the other stuff necessary to heal your brain. 

• 2 weeks later...

Its true that's the brain can heal its self or rewire if some one is disciplined and do lot of healty things in life he can be sure take big steps to recover faster then you can imagine 

Easy said then done master your mind and everthing wil be easy, we have to aim for this 

And I want to say after 6 months of klonopin use I stopt cold turkey, it was stupid buth still feel the damage of benzo use

Edited by umit

• 3 weeks later...

No. Just no.

I study biology and that's not how it works. If you would like to "rewire" your brain, you can try the old good electro-shocks to your skull. Some psychward-clinics still use that actually.

Why you're getting symptom-free is because of that benzos agonize GABA, which will increase the flow of this amino-acid. GABA is what dampens the brain from activity. So at higher doses, it's not just your HPPD that goes away, but your whole mind. You are not functioning at this state and when the drug is out of your system, there will not be any change whatsoever of your HPPD. It might just have increased because of the side-effects of anxiety that comes with larger doses of benzos.

Unfortunately.. It doesn't work like that. 

There's just too many negatives with Benzos use to justify it, except as a measure of last resort in emergent/very severe cases of panic disorder and anxiety. 

The US Army Medical Command has issued a moratorium against the use of benzos in cases of PTSD, which incorporates an element, namely the whole depression/derealization/anxiety portion of HPPD, as patient outcomes with the use of chronic benzos unequivocally resulted in adverse outcomes/did more harm than good. In the case of HPPD, it will put a damper on things, but when your GABA receptors are desensitized, and you lose more inhibitory function on your already impaired inhibitory function, you will be left with a worse case of HPPD upon discontinuation. There is a good reason why GPs are so hesitant these days to give out these prescriptions.