Kava?

Hey guys I ordered powdered root Kava online to see if it can give me some relaxation before bedtime. Was wondering whether any of you had tried it and if it is ok to take with hppd? I will give a full report on my experience with it once it comes in the mail and I have tried it a few times.

I have used kava in the past and found it very useful to help insomnia and as an emergency for anxiety. It used to bring me right out of an anxiety attack.I dont use it anymore as it began to make me feel extremely lethargic the day after taking it.

It can sometimes take a few tries to get the 'feel' of kava and to perfect the preparation process, so if you don't get ideal results first time stick with it. For best results I would recommend focusing on relaxing activity - chilled music, candles etc. In my experience it works by giving feelings of peacefulness (as well as jsut sedation) so by focusing on these feelings in a meditative way you can get the most out of the experience.

Also a minority of people are allergic to kava so take a very small amount at first as an allergy test. I would recommend buying from a site you trust or has a good reputation, as if it is old stock that has been sitting around for ages it will have lost its effectiveness.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask or PM :)

made your hppd worse how? Permanently or short term? Did you have powdered root or extract? Do you think it was the kava itself that made it worse or was it possibly you feeling less normal and panicking from it? I really need something to relax as I refuse to take any benzos so Im really hoping Kava works for me. It is taking a long time to come in the mail though.

neither are addicting (no more then tylenol) and they don't work that well or we'd all take em. Try all the herbs you want they won't make you worse. Some ppl have 2 hr. flare ups and freak out but by no means is it permanant. Honestly most of us already did the damage, now it's what we can do to feel better about it. EXERCISE and live your life. If you sit around waiting for something magical to happen I'm sorry!!

• 2 weeks later...

Alright guys a little update on kava. Great thing to take before bed, something to unwind at the end of the day and even look forward to if your having a bad anxietywise day. A lot softer than alcohol without hangover although you will feel a little less active after a couple hours which is why I only recommend taking it before bedtime maybe while watching a movie or something. I describe the effects as a warm blanket kind of like getting out of the shower and getting into bed Does not seem to be addictive at all. Just make sure you get a good brand because the cheaper ones are not made right and contain the leaves of the plant which is bad for your liver (the root is what you want). Hope this helps and anyone with questions on kava feel free to message me. It does not affect the visuals by the way. Although by lowering anxiety makes you pay less attention to them.