Orgasms and hppd

My visual symptoms, especially dp/dr seem to worsen after an orgasm is that the same with everyone else? And if they are worse tell me about what is worse for you and for how long it is worse for after your orgasm if you know. I'm interested in seeing if the natural substances released cause hppd to worsen.

Endorphins released during an orgasm are sent to the opioid receptor and produces a euphoric feeling this could be the reason why it "seems" that it is worse because of the euphoria on top of the hppd but another thing to elaborate on is does it make it worse or does it just seem like it because of the state the natural endorphins place you in.

• Upvote 1

Welcome to the forum ... and such an interesting topic, lol.  Afterall, who doesn't like sex? ... yet it is a topic few speak truly honest about

Several members have expressed changes with their HPPD based on pre verses post orgasm.

It is hard to know the reason since the hormone/neurotransmitter interactions are very complex.  However, it is know that upon orgasm, dopamine signals to the pituitary are reduce in order to increase prolactin secretion.  Prolactin along with Oxytocin are 'emotional bonding' hormones.

The relevance to HPPD is that often dopamine levels are involved.  Dopamine, Oxytocin and Opiod receptors are also intimately close (pun intended)

How long have you had HPPD and what are your main symptoms?

I've had my hppd for about a year now been drug free for about 4 months, things are getting better but I do admittedly have alot of sex and I'm doing everything to be able to atleast smoke weed again considering I'm in highschool and still have a few years of partying left before I have to hold a job and and house of my own and even if it comes down to not having sex for a while I'll do it to get rid of my hppd. My main symptoms are dp/Dr but it isn't to bad anymore and visual snow most everything else is pretty much gone.

No... Lasts about 5 minutes (the visual increase, not the sex!)

Smoking weed again is far, far more risky... Enjoy a few beers and a load of college girls, leave the weed for at least a year

Here is someone to was HPPD free briefly - orgasm or cigarette?  http://hppdonline.com/index.php?/topic/807-15-minutes-of-freedom/

A pattern emerges ... sex, orgasm, visual disturbances, then smoking afterwards.  The visuals are worse if its less than 5 minutes due to being punched in the eye.

"Tell me, why do so many men smoke afterwards?  No wonder tobacco companies get rich." - Maria Gambrelli

• 1 month later...

No... Lasts about 5 minutes (the visual increase, not the sex!)

Smoking weed again is far, far more risky... Enjoy a few beers and a load of college girls, leave the weed for at least a year

Why leave it for 1 year? will it be less likely to make the HPPD worse? 

I get panick attacks when i smoke, will those ever go away?, last time ive smoked was about 8 months ago.

A year was just a long amount of time to allow you to heal without drugs in your system... Personally, I would just forget weed, I still get panic attacks if I smoke it now, 20 years later.

Everyone is different though, you might be one of the lucky few who can smoke it again.

Btw- did you get panic attacks before you got hppd?

• 1 month later...

My visuals don't get worse. Atleast I don't think so. Really sex is the only time I can completely drown out my HPPD and not notice or think about it due to having so much other stimuli. It's like they say, God gave man two brains but only enough blood to use one at a time.

• 3 weeks later...

A year was just a long amount of time to allow you to heal without drugs in your system... Personally, I would just forget weed, I still get panic attacks if I smoke it now, 20 years later.

Everyone is different though, you might be one of the lucky few who can smoke it again.

Btw- did you get panic attacks before you got hppd?

just saw you commented on this too, Nope i never had gotten a panick attack before my HPPD