Prescribed effexor

Try not to mix it with other meds at first so you know exactly what Effexor does by itself. what dose did you get prescribed ? What other meds you on ?

I'm on Klonopin 1.75 mg in the morning and 500 mg Keppra-- evening the Effexor and 0.25 klonopin..

Do you advice me to take the 0.25 Klonpin in the morning instead of taking it with Effexor?

And does this work like other SSRIs?

So i have gotten effexor prescribed today for my social anixity, anyone got some idea's about this medcine? and does it block dopamine similar to anti psychotics as that a no no for HPPD..

Its a SNRI (Serotonin–norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors) - something that increases concentration of serotonin and norepinephrine.  In high doses it increases dopamine a little ... meds usually spill over to have effects on many areas.  Wiki can get you the basics: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venlafaxine#Mechanism_of_action

It is not an anti-psychotic.  SNRIs are newer than SRIs so the effects are less known.  Actually little is known about many meds since government approval is based on toxicity levels and effectiveness in helping conditions that the manufacture is applying permission to treat.  So it comes down to individuals trying a med and seeing if it helps.

Its a SNRI (Serotonin–norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors) - something that increases concentration of serotonin and norepinephrine.  In high doses it increases dopamine a little ... meds usually spill over to have effects on many areas.  Wiki can get you the basics: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venlafaxine#Mechanism_of_action

It is not an anti-psychotic.  SNRIs are newer than SRIs so the effects are less known.  Actually little is known about many meds since government approval is based on toxicity levels and effectiveness in helping conditions that the manufacture is applying permission to treat.  So it comes down to individuals trying a med and seeing if it helps.

Thanks for the reply.. I actually was reading about this medicine and i saw some horror stories and horrible things about it which is making me doubt if i should even give this medicine a trail.. any idea's if this medicine is wroth the trail? if so a trail of how many weeks.. please advise as I'm terrified to take this medicine..... 

I actually don't fee the side effects as strong as before but it could be me just assuming since it's only the 3rd day. Also I noticed that I am somewhat more social... Dunno if it's possible the drug worked that quickly, could be because I was on an SSRI for 5 years so the medcine was quickly picked up by my brain. I feel less stressed out then I usually do.. A little calmer and happier..

Also this medcine is pretty strong.. It's even stronger then Klonpin... I remember when I took the klonopin for the first few days I wasn't a zombie or whatever.. But the Effexor is pretty damn strong.. Let's see how it goes in the long run