For anxiety?

Apart from benzos are there any drugs someone with this condition can take? Anxiety is my worst symptom, I can handle the visuals, they are no direct harm to my self so I don't worry about them as much anymore but my anxiety levels are still very high, I took an online test (I know it's not very professional, but I was just curious) to see where I land on the level of anxiety I have and came out on the severe side of things.

I am not working due to this condition, I am really over it and each time I fall into a depression I feel closer to just giving up. I wouldn't say I have depression but I do have some nervous breakdowns from time to time.

I'm meditating, I think it helps, it helps while doing it but I think it will take at least 6months before I see any strong anxiolytic effects from it (and even now my practise isn't very consistent)

All I really want is to be able to work and to enjoy my weekends again (drug free) Not really asking for all that much but seems so hard to live with this shit.

Tried valerian? helped me, but then again i wouldnt really consider anxiety to have been one of my major issues...it's all about dp for me :/

I've tried pretty much every supplement and herb you can name to no avail lol. Valerian was strange, I tried to use it as a sleep aid and sometimes for anxiety but nothing really happened.

Really? i wasnt able to pass out til like 5 am and then i would take 4 valerian and within half an hour, regardless of what time i took it, id start feeling drowzy...also helps me when im really tired, it has a paradoxical effect like that for me, if im tired and i take it, it pretty much makes it impossible to fall asleep, so it helps my fatigue quite a bit....

you also gotta watch which valerian you take, some supplements have like 300mgs a pill and recommend to take 2 pills which is nothing...the 4 i take add up to like 2120 mgs so it makes a world of difference.

Like he said, exercise made it so I didn't even need pills when I first got hppd. It helps everything just force yourself. Only so much pills will do, you need to take it in your own hands and be as productive as possible. I can't tell you how many fat Americans I see crying about depression but won't do anything about it. I don't even feel for them! Sadly one happens to be my own fucking Sister!

Really? i wasnt able to pass out til like 5 am and then i would take 4 valerian and within half an hour, regardless of what time i took it, id start feeling drowzy...also helps me when im really tired, it has a paradoxical effect like that for me, if im tired and i take it, it pretty much makes it impossible to fall asleep, so it helps my fatigue quite a bit....

you also gotta watch which valerian you take, some supplements have like 300mgs a pill and recommend to take 2 pills which is nothing...the 4 i take add up to like 2120 mgs so it makes a world of difference.

Yes, I haven't been able to find anything in herb or supplement form that has any effect whatsoever.

Like he said, exercise made it so I didn't even need pills when I first got hppd. It helps everything just force yourself. Only so much pills will do, you need to take it in your own hands and be as productive as possible. I can't tell you how many fat Americans I see crying about depression but won't do anything about it. I don't even feel for them! Sadly one happens to be my own fucking Sister!

I need to exercise more, I'm no where near being fat lol, I try to do weights 4 times a week and go for walks and a bit of yoga but I find it hard to get the motivation when I feel crap.

nac for me - more of a cure than a suppressant. And aerobic exercise. Keppra seems to be anti-depressant for me, but no direct effect on hppd.

Nac helped your anxiety? I haven't seen any literature to suggest that it would but am willing to try it (depending on price)

I will exercise a lot more though, finding it hard to get the motivation though!

for motivation for exercise i try and make it useful - bike instead of train, or run to catch the train. I never sustain pointless exercise like weights or gym.

Nac has some lit suggesting use for mental health problems like ocd, schizophrenia etc and may be related to this rather than being directly anxiolytic. I feel more centered with it, less like i am going to fall out of my body if that makes sense. Nac is pretty cheap, especially in bulk powder form. I take it with magnesium and vit c and d. Magnesium (and vit d) some people find relaxing in itself.