Alcohol's effect on hppd

95 members have voted

1. 1. Has alcohol had any noticable effect on your hppd symptoms

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure

Dam :/ well maybe it was the honeymoon factor and your just an honourable gent!

Im off to the nurburgring and worthersee festival in austria next may so the place will be crawling with gorgeous women, i hope. Try wrangle me a wee job and a gorgeous german wifey

U crave brittish women? Are u fucking crazy our women are disgusting. U nords have the hottest women on earth and u want our monsters?

Oh god no! I mean mead, like honeybeer! The vikings drank that and ate shrooms and then they went to France to rape and pillage.

Guest guinea pig

Dudes don't worry everybody get's a fucked up vision from alcohol/drug hangovers. Just don't stress about your symptoms will lessen. I have mild HPPD and I find that MDMA/amphetamines make it worse sitting on my computer watching the screen makes it worse too. When I smoke it brings back the visuals. But lsd is kinda okay to take weird rite. (I only tried it once since having hppd). It's all good man :rolleyes: What I did find out is that I got more social anxiety because of the hppd like I'm less compactible with other humans and I think that they are talking about me and stufff. Probably just me being a little paranoia :D

I miss the good old days lol

haha i know what u mean. smokin pot at lunch time and then going back to school fried only to get even more smacked later after school and sneaking out in the middle of the night getting twisted and etc etc. good thing hppd doesn't last forever ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Johnny from F1nland

Jay knows what he's talking about. For me, alcohol doesn't seem to make my symptoms permanently worse. *knocking the wood, damn no wood nearby* even after being wasted. I've had this for a year and noticed that what ever I liked to do before this, I will do now and in the future! Clear without saying of course; no drugs anymore. (got this from a 1/4 of blotter, the only illicit drug ever done if marijuana doesn't count) and as an migraine aura sufferer, that was it. The correlation between migraine aura and HPPD should really be researched more. Visual disturbances in both disorders are somehow similar. Even my mum who suffers from a severe migraine aura can occasionally "see the heartbeat" in the air, even she never did any kind of illicit drugs in her life. Migraine medicine could help me too but I can see no reason for trying them, because the life goes on pretty nicely without them. My main problem is the anxiety (have had it since junior high) and there are rare days when I need a 0.25mg of Klono. :)

Is the anxiety really going to diminish as time goes by, what do you say?

Well, I got a little sidetracked. Anyway, summaring, probably the effect of alcohol varies between the people and different HPPDs.

I could have had registered here but after spending some time here, I might become a bit depressed and find afterwards every single possible symptom you can ever imagine! :D

Cheers!

Remember alcohol is a drug.

As I posted on another thread:

Advocating any sort of alcohol consumption for someone with HPPD is really bad advice...

A couple of beers can hurt. It's not worth the risk guys!

Even if you think alcohol does not alter your HPPD in any way right now, you never know when it might do...

Listen to me, I wish I had this advice when I had super mild HPPD. Unfortunetely this forum was down at that time.

• Upvote 1

Advocating any sort of alcohol consumption for someone with HPPD is really bad advice...

This forum is mainly about sharing personal experiences regarding hppd.... my experience is the loss of anxiety from a few beers more than outweighs any negatives. It helps me live a more normal and fun filled life, with minimal side effects. People can take that positive experience how they want it, just like people can take people's negative experiences and warnings how they want it.

I don't think i'm offering "really bad advice".... I'm just offering my personal experience.

Same goes for people discussing klono, opiates, coffee, nicotene or whichever med/suplement is the new flavor of the month.... hell, even masturbating has been discussed, in depth.

Well masturbating is always a good topic.... lol Sadly, this whole thing has messed with me junk too :(

I'm glad you can sit back and have a couple beer and cool-out. I have had 3 drinks in about 5 years. My thing has been more nicotine.

But early on i loved gin, then it was bud light and then at the end it was guiness. But alcohol alway seemed to effect this thing the least in a negative fashion. Certainly less than smoking neville's haze at the greenhouse.....lol (geez....you'd have to wheel me into the ER)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

For me drinking is fine, since I personally treat HPPD like a depression. Stress, loneliness, desperation makes it worse and social times make me forget my symptomes. So, personally, I haven't clearly recognized any serious problems with drinking but even if there were it's a price worth paying if in moderate amounts.

• 1 year later...

I suggest keeping the body clean from any harmful substances. From alcohol especially. I had flashbacks back to back that I could not pay attention to what I was doing unless someone helped me. Please, if they say it is bad for you, and the statistics are right. Then just don't do it.