clonidine trial and an idea

Recently i tried clonodine which reduces adrenaline turnover.. it made me feel really chilled, its something that I needed.. I really enjoyed the effect of the reduction of adrenaline on my HPPD... however after 2-3 days taking it I already felt the rebound effect as the drug is wearing off and the adrenaline goes high up then and i can't think straight... i decided to get off clonidine, it feels dangerous to me to get my body used to it..

there are some studies warning about its rebound effect too.

The effect of clonidine made me think though.. If there was something natural that acts similar, reduces adrenaline, with no such strong rebound effect.. Then sustaining that thing for few weeks or months could improve HPPD.

Im sure exercise and yoga can reduce adrenaline too.

I have read about lavender oil - im trying it today, but all anxiolytics make my hppd worse in the end so I don't have any high hopes. After trying it I already have a bad feeling about how I gonna feel tomorrow..

However Trip To Hell got good results with lavender oil improving sleep..

So guys can you think of any other supplements/ways of decreasing adrenaline or calming down in any other way than working on GABA receptors?

• 2 months later...

Recently i tried clonodine which reduces adrenaline turnover.. it made me feel really chilled, its something that I needed.. I really enjoyed the effect of the reduction of adrenaline on my HPPD... however after 2-3 days taking it I already felt the rebound effect as the drug is wearing off and the adrenaline goes high up then and i can't think straight... i decided to get off clonidine, it feels dangerous to me to get my body used to it..

there are some studies warning about its rebound effect too.

Tried clonodine last fall.  The first pill was very calming and slept well.  But the next morning was the opposite of calm.  Same thing the next try.  So stopped ... and didn't sleep but 2 hours/night for 5 days.

But there was something 'good' about it.  So introduced 1/2 pill before bed and 1/2 in the morning.  Did well with it but only worked with it for ~month.  The reason for not continuing is hypotension.  Everything that helps is hypotensive.  Am not faint but it gets annoying being 90/60 with heart pounding all the time.  So for now, am not using it.  Given the recent changes from thiamine cocarboxylase, might retry later this year.

Here is an interesting report about using Clonodine for HPPD: LSD-induced hallucinogen persisting perception disorder treatment with clonidine: an open pilot study.

"Of the six patients remaining at the end of 2 months, the average CGI score was 2.5 (SD = 0.55) and the self-report scale score was 2, indicating mild symptomatology. LSD-related flashbacks associated with excessive sympathetic nervous activity may be alleviated with clonidine in some"  http://journals.lww.com/intclinpsychopharm/abstract/2000/15010/lsd_induced_hallucinogen_persisting_perception.5.aspx

So it is worth a try.