Permafry or HPPD

Hey friends, I heard back when I used to trip that some trippers would get 'permafried', Have any of you heard of that term? According to my knowledge, being permafried and hppd are similar arent they? The term permafried is that someone is permanently frying, probably not to the fullest state as far as taking acid or shrooms freshly but having constant hppd. Does anybody know about that? Your comments please.

Yea... Permafry was an urban legend when I was taking alot of LSD/shrooms in the early 90s.... I link the phrase directly to what we now consider hppd, as the term hppd was not created at that point.

My dad also would talk of acid casualties from his 60s college days... Also a similar term to show long term LSD issues.

• 2 years later...

I did shrooms twice when I was 14, and the second time I took quite a bit and had a very bad trip. That was 18 years ago and if I stare at the roof or floor it starts to somewhat liquify just like when I was on shrooms as well as other sensations that I only had on shrooms, had this ever since. It really sucks because I am paranoid too.

Back in the early 70s it was referred to simply as "burnout".   Most recovered from burnout, some didn't.  Strangely enough, out of all the people I knew who used acid heavily for a long time, I was the only one who reported hallucinations that never went away.  Go figure.  Then again, a friend of mine who just seemed burned out became dysfunctional and passed away quite young.  I suspect he had hppd symptoms.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

We termed this as becoming a mushmind or burned out, like Mad doc said,in the late 60's early 70's, or that their brains were fryed, or they were carried off to the assylum. But, like

Mad doc, I was the lone soul who never came down.

We survivors really must warn others especially the young folk of these tricky drugs!