Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder (HPPD) Support Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Missjess

Has anyone ever thought that there "hppd" could be due to inflammation

I am getting to the bottom of my hppd and I am convinced it might actually be MS

I react to everything and I have just discovered that it's an inflammatory reaction set off by my immune system. STEROIDS work!!

If the neuro finds inflammation in my cns and brain hopefully he will start me on a course of high dose steroid treatment. Just thought I would share with everyone.

• Upvote 2

i suspect it is a secondary effect of hppd rather than primary, although i suspect it may also be a predisposing factor.  Anti inflammatories make me feel better but don't hit the hppd directly.

Interesting. Let us know how the treatment goes. Also if you would like to share your thought, evidences with me, id be happy to write them down, so later the people interested could compare the experiences, facts, reactions to drugs etc.

I am getting to the bottom of my hppd and I am convinced it might actually be MS

I react to everything and I have just discovered that it's an inflammatory reaction set off by my immune system. STEROIDS work!!

If the neuro finds inflammation in my cns and brain hopefully he will start me on a course of high dose steroid treatment. Just thought I would share with everyone.

Just because it lessens the HPPD doesnt mean its a direct fix. The steroid your most likely referring to is prednisone(corticosteroid) and has a strong stress reduction effect, as it is naturally released from the adrenal glands in response to stress. This is most likely what is attributing to the lessened symptoms of HPPD. Also, prednisone has very harsh side effects, I would highly suggest you research what you are considering using as a "treatment".

Its also highly improbable that inflammation is the cause of HPPD. Im not going to address the reasons as to why.