Ganaxolone

Ganaxolone (INN, also known as CCD-1042) is a steroid drug, with the molecular formula C22H36O2, related to allopregnanolone that has sedative, anxiolytic, and anticonvulsant effects. It is a potent and selective positive allosteric modulator of GABAA receptors.[1] Ganaxolone protects against seizures in diverse animal models, including the 6 Hz and amygdala kindling models.[2][3][4] Unlike for benzodiazepines, there is no tolerance to the anticonvulsant effects of ganaxolone [5]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganaxolone

Anti-convulsant drugs have had the most success with HPPD, but not all, this could be good news or just nothing. But it also says anxiolytic, which I'm sure would be very helpful too many on here. I think for the long term this drug would not be good though, maybe simalir to benzos, whether it is addictive or not doesn't seem to be shown, It seems to be a fairly new drug but could be a possible treatment for us, the only way to know is for someone to take it and report back.

• 9 months later...

there's more than a handful of drugs that will probably crossover into HPPD relief. I spent some night way back researching and going through them all and came across more than just a short list. Honestly, it's just a matter of time either way. The problem is, it's just not going to be tomorrow but in the future to near future something is going to cross over if it's not already out there. They're just taking their sweet time, probably got patents to think about.