Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder (HPPD) Support Forum
Chiggs17

Anyone had success with Clonidine?

My psych agreed to start me on clonidine, saying that there's at least anecdotal reports of it easing HPPD symptoms. Has anyone had success with it?

• Upvote 3

lol this had been a while since i logged in at this board. well since i saw this question and i'm currenly taking this med (since a few days) i thought lets post something!

well about clonodine its too early for me to say if its doing something, but i will report back later i will remember this topic (and report the results after 2 weeks or whatever).

ait, keep it up guys, peazeee (taking it 3 times a day and the dose is 0.025mg if i'm right, so that 3 times a day and for 2 months is the plan.

pzzz

I've taken clonidine for 5 yrs and I do think it helps.  It's actually a heart and bp med.  They found it helped some vietnam vets with ptsd and visual pxs.  I have sort of pulsing geometric shapes I see on walls and surfaces and also hbp so it calms 2 birds with one stone.  lol    oh yeah shapes are much less noticeable .  good luck  I think part of it is I've also adjusted over time.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By MrCipher
      Im wondering on your experience with oxycodone and hppd specifically your visuals.
    • By MrCipher
      Im wondering on your experience with oxycodone and hppd specifically your visuals.
    • By MrCipher
      Hello i was recently prescribed soma (carisoprodol) for my back pain, i was wondering how it affected your visuals as i'm contemplating on taking it. A little background is that my hppd is super mild, i've  only had it for around a month, i barely get after images and i get slight tracers which are not noticeable too much during the day but get slightly worse at night when bright objects move past my field of view eg. a phone screen. Also i can take benzodiazepines like diazepam and gabaergics like gabapentin without a change in any visuals. thank you for reading and i'm looking forward to your responses(please don't be negative). :)
    • By MrCipher
      Hello i was recently prescribed soma (carisoprodol) for my back pain, i was wondering how it affected your visuals as i'm contemplating on taking it. A little background is that my hppd is super mild, i've  only had it for around a month, i barely get after images and i get slight tracers which are not noticeable too much during the day but get slightly worse at night when bright objects move past my field of view eg. a phone screen. Also i can take benzodiazepines like diazepam and gabaergics like gabapentin without a change in any visuals. thank you for reading and i'm looking forward to your responses(please don't be negative). :)
    • By K.cokes
      Ive been accidently dosed like 8 tabs of liquid acid, and stupidly continued "tripping," even after that. So I started noticing a static over my vision, and I thought nothing of it at first. It has gotten much worse, and I haven't taken L.S.D in over a month. It especially gets worse if I'm smoking weed, it literally makes me have acid like visuals. Even without weed I get, tracers, halos around light, I get the pattern formation that forms when you take L, everything looks like it's shifting and melting, my anxiety has gotten progressively worse, I get visual snow, and I have pain behind my eyes sometimes, like a pressure almost, I have really bad after images, pretty much on anything bright, or lit up. Today for example I was driving, and looked at a stop sign when I looked down I saw the stop sign in my vision with my eyes open or closed. Does it ever get better, and is does it mean your brain is ruined?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.