Healed from a medically diagnosed case of HPPD

xemg8187

Wow! that is great! have you been off the medication? and if so were the symptoms still gone when off it?

I'm glad there is already a success story this early into the new forums development.

Thank you ! I stopped taking the mirtazapine for about 6 months last year and none of the HPPD effects came back. I opted to get back on the medication just because it got rid of my anxiousness/nervousness. I still take the klonopin PRN (as needed)

From what i've read on the literature describing the neuropharmacology of Mitazapine, it sounds like it has heavy activity in the serotonin system and it is said that the drug is very thorough in preventing cluster, tension, and migraine headaches. The current understanding is that these headaches can arise from a sort of malfunctioning of the serotonin receptors.

More and more evidence points to the 5-ht2 receptor theory for HPPD causation.

From what i've read on the literature describing the neuropharmacology of Mitazapine, it sounds like it has heavy activity in the serotonin system and it is said that the drug is very thorough in preventing cluster, tension, and migraine headaches. The current understanding is that these headaches can arise from a sort of malfunctioning of the serotonin receptors.

More and more evidence points to the 5-ht2 receptor theory for HPPD causation.

That's what I got from it too. It can be rough at first for someone with HPPD. Reason being is many people who take report Phsycoactive activity from it. My friend described it to me as a "Bad X Trip" one time. My first week of it sucked but these kind of drugs takes weeks and months to take full effect.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm a bit confused about this.... If you are still on Klonopin, then you might just be masking the symptoms.

I don't wanna put a dampener on things.... But I also don't want people to read this and think Klonopin is a cure. It is simply not true. The HPPD might have gone away while you were on Klonopin, but Klonopin did not contribute to the healing.

na man, thats balls. there is cases of people being cured. theyr just not on these forums cos they have no reason to be here

I really fucking hope so. It seems like most doctors are sure that it usually does pass but I can't find any cases of it actually happening.

I'm getting better slowly, My only open eye visual is visual snow in dark enviroments now. I still have some anxiety but I'm sure that that will pass. My sleep problems I don't really care about anymore. I feel like I am close to being cured. I feel like alcohol is probably the only thing that would make me regress so i'm not sure if it is worth it because my problems ae extremely mild right now. I'm still not going to drink for a while but I start college in the fall so I would really like to be able to drink without worrying about this shit.

I promise that if I do fully recover I will still stick around here to make sure that others know that it's possible.