Starting a youtube channel for HPPDonline

Merkan

I would check eBay for any of the following:

Blackmagic pocket

Lumix GH2 / GH3

Nikon D5200 / D5300

Sony RX100 III

Sony A6000

They are all capable of shooting much better footage than the iPhone. The large sensors let in more light, which gives better colour and dynamic range.

Of that list, I would probably choose the D5200 as it is a really nice camera for stills too.

Yeah, I'm getting my rig together now.  But owning the BM pocket.  I would consider buying the Canon  T2i.  .....As for sound, jay and I are OK with audio engineering i think.   With the audio, it depends on what you are doing.  I mean, just for a simple interview for youtube, the mic from an iMac would even be fine.  But maybe a simple headset mic would be better.   There are tons of options.   For a yt solo dialogue, if i had the proper video editing software, i'd use a condenser mic.   But, like me, most people don't have the proper software.   So a headset mic is easiest for what we are trying to do.  (or the mic on a camcorder).   What do you think Jay?

where are the videos and the channel btw?

IDK if an HPPD documentary exists......just thinking.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm too busy to do mine, can't see that changing for the rest of 2014...

I want to do a full documentary though, so need production time, story boarding, contacts to interview etc.

Hopefully a few others can make some videos using their phones though, while I try and get the ball rolling. I'll try myself too

and no one here gave any sort of deadline as to when they will make a video. I would need to be in a very, very relaxed and coherent mood to make such a video. Those days are few and far between.

you are such a hypocrite, always calling others out for not doing enough, yet you do nothing but complain.

You're funny.

Calling me out on what I do or don't do?

Give me your email and I'll forward the 1000+ correspondences to you I've written to medical researchers and various foundations bringing their attention to the hppd foundation when it had money...

• 4 weeks later...

Yea, it is a tricky one....

As I have mainly worked for myself, i;ve been pretty open about my name, location, photo even my skype address.... But now I am working for some bigger companies in the states, it worries me a bit. It really shouldn't ... They wouldn;t care if I made a video about a battle with cancer.... But drugs and mental illness is still a taboo

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • Jay1 unpinned this topic