My new stack - Need help on what to avoid with Selegiline also

Hey all,

I know just about no one gets on here anymore but any help would be appreciated. This is what I have in my stack and then I will explain how I will be taking it.

Selegiline 

Naltrexone

Aricept

Galantamine

B6/Magnesium/Zinc/Calcium

ALCAR

ALPHA-GPC

Cdp-choline

Piracetam

Noopept

Theanine

Picamilon

Taurine

Fish oil

Whew....

Alright this is what I have for my main stack, now for my workout supplements. This is where I do not know if I should avoid anything or not. I make my own pre-workout with these.....

AAKG

Alanine

BCAA

Creatine

Agmatine(Ran out need to order more)

Maral root

Basically I do not know if it is ok to take AAKG or Alanine because of the Selegiline(will be doing some research on this myself soon).

I feel the rest is ok because there would really be no interactions and I understand I won't get a answer for the Maral root so I will just have to play that one out.

My planned routine......

Ok so I just got my Selegiline the other day from online, it is Dep-Pro the liquid stuff. I used it yesterday at 2mg and today at 5mg. I liked the 2mg dosage better so I will continue the 2mg dosage everyday for a week and then 2mg EOD.

I also just got my Aricept filled and this is my first time taking it and will be doing 5mg each day in the morning.

Fish oil 900mg DHA, only thing that really matters here. 

I take 300mg Alpha-GPC in the morning, 750mg ALCAR in the morning, 100mg Picamilon in the morning.

I take Piracetam 4.8mg 2x a day daily. Noopept 10-15mg 2x daily. I just got my Noopept and have only used it once so I am new to it and not sure if I will use it or not. Haven't used it today, I will add it in tomorrow and judge from there.

B6 and Magnesium in the morning.

Ok now for my nighttime routine...... 

I take 4.5mg Naltrexone EOD at night. I would like to do this each night but and running low so am stretching it out and probably won't be able to order some more until later. I think I have like 10 or so more doses left. But when I do I will be using it every night.

Galantamine 4mg each night. 100mg Picamilon, 300mg theanine(might have to drop this dosage not sure how it reacts with Selegiline, will do research), 3g taurine, b6/magnesium/zinc/calcium and 250mg Cdp-choline.

I have been using most of this stuff daily but the new addition of Aricept, Selegiline and Noopept kind of change things a bit. 

Any ideas if this combination of stuff should be safe to take? Or any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew 

Hell yeah bro trying to get my memory back, better sleep and rid of some of this depression. The Selegiline is ok, at least today it made my reality to crispy so to speak. That is one of my main problems is my "reality" is to crispy, everything just seems crispy and in my face and at least today at 5mg it made it worse.

Do you do any rotation so that you have a better idea of what is working and what is doing nothing?

Sound like it would cost a fortune to keep that up!

Yes, I am slowly adding each thing. Selegiline i cheap, it cost 100 bucks for 300 mg which should damn near a year. Naltrexone is expensive though, it cost like 70 bucks a month if you wanted to use it daily unless I was to buy from one of those sites that want your phone number which I am iffy about, they charge 20 bucks for 10 50mg tablets which is a sweet deal. But really everything added up would come down to like 50 bucks a month.

Basically I have been taking everything already minus the Selegiline, Noopept, Aricept and I forgot to mention this but PEA. So I know how each of those affect me. I started off with Selegiline to see the effects of that alone and from there added Noopept with the Selegiline, Aricept and then the PEA to see how they each stack up. So far it is working pretty good other than my reality can be very crispy which is due to the Selegiline. I think that will get better when I dose EOD. 

I buy all my stuff in bulk so yeah it could cost a few hundred up front but I get months worth of supplies and works out better in the long run.

manesium in the morning? You better can take it at night for a good sleep, then a fishoil and a NAC tablet and you should be all set

I take magnesium morning and night, I try to get at least 1g of it. About 400mg in the morning and 600mg at night. I just ordered http://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-efas-super-epa-fish-oil-100-sgels which is 200 mg dha per serving(1 gelcap) and only 6 bucks for 100! That is dirt cheap so I went ahead and ordered me 3 of them.

I am going to try this out for some time, I wish I knew about this other medication while I ordered my Selegiline, I would have added it to the cart but I don't feel like paying another 20 bucks shipping for a 30 dollar item. It is called Moclobemide. It is a MAOI-A, but it doesn't interact with foods like irreversible MAOIs. But this is definitely something else I am interested in.  

You should be able to get from Selegiline (MAOI-B ) what you would from (MAOI-A) ... but of course one never knows.

As to what to avoid with Selegiline - absolutely anything that increases serotonin or norepinephrine.  This restriction applys to all MAOIs.  While this is a safe drug, it is not safe to mix with an SSRI, an SNRI, Wellbutrin, tri-cyclics like amatryptaline, etc.  You will know if you are pushing it because your heart will start to race.  If just a little, you can wait it through - the time depending on the half-life of the other med.  If a lot, you must go to the hospital.  Serotonin crisis is no joke.  Since the effect of Selegiline last at least 1 week (they recommend 2 week washout between contraindicated meds), you can see that any problem will not quickly pass.

I've used Selegiline - and recent genetic testing indicates this to be a good match.  It was wonderful but a little weak for visuals.  Absolutly stopped RLS type stuff.  But then the neuroloist moved and its been a nightmere getting it again.  A doctor was willing to give it to me this week but I wanted to first try Amantadine ... then Cabergoline.  Again these decisions are being guided by the results of genetic testing and following methodical testing of pharmacological response - slow and calculated.  One complication is that with many meds, they don't know exactly how it works and what receptors are being targeted ... anyway that is a different topic.

Been off the forum a couple weeks so please remind me, what dopamine meds have you tried?  Also, acetylcholine meds (including Keppra)?  How did you respond to these.

The Selegeline making you clearer is to be expected.  But problems with 5mg is surprizing (of course you might just need a small amount).  I took 10mg per day (5mg AM, 5mg noon).

You should be able to get from Selegiline (MAOI-B ) what you would from (MAOI-A) ... but of course one never knows.

As to what to avoid with Selegiline - absolutely anything that increases serotonin or norepinephrine.  This restriction applys to all MAOIs.  While this is a safe drug, it is not safe to mix with an SSRI, an SNRI, Wellbutrin, tri-cyclics like amatryptaline, etc.  You will know if you are pushing it because your heart will start to race.  If just a little, you can wait it through - the time depending on the half-life of the other med.  If a lot, you must go to the hospital.  Serotonin crisis is no joke.  Since the effect of Selegiline last at least 1 week (they recommend 2 week washout between contraindicated meds), you can see that any problem will not quickly pass.

I've used Selegiline - and recent genetic testing indicates this to be a good match.  It was wonderful but a little weak for visuals.  Absolutly stopped RLS type stuff.  But then the neuroloist moved and its been a nightmere getting it again.  A doctor was willing to give it to me this week but I wanted to first try Amantadine ... then Cabergoline.  Again these decisions are being guided by the results of genetic testing and following methodical testing of pharmacological response - slow and calculated.  One complication is that with many meds, they don't know exactly how it works and what receptors are being targeted ... anyway that is a different topic.

Been off the forum a couple weeks so please remind me, what dopamine meds have you tried?  Also, acetylcholine meds (including Keppra)?  How did you respond to these.

The Selegeline making you clearer is to be expected.  But problems with 5mg is surprizing (of course you might just need a small amount).  I took 10mg per day (5mg AM, 5mg noon).

For dopamine meds I have taken adderall, vyvanse, opiates, sinemet and wellbutrin. Never tried Keppra, Aricept is really my first one unless you want to include stuff like Piracetam and Alpha-GPC. But nothing along the lines of meds like Keppra. 

I have a question about the Selegiline. I got this stuff called DepPro and it is 1 mg per drop. I just tried taking 1 mg sublingually today which I read it would be like taking I guess around 7-8 mg orally. If I was to take like 2 mgs a day this way and let it become a MAOI-A via sublingual absorption I shouldn't have any problems with foods right? Since it isn't being absorbed in the gut. Or here is another method that has gotten me pondering. What if I mix 1 drop with some DMSO cream or oil and let is absorb in my arm? And from there judge dosage. I think the DMSO is a pretty good idea, it would be like the ESASM patch or whatever it is called except you would just have to find the right dosage and probably dose twice a day. This way you can safely inhibit MAOI-A and B. And at 1 tiny little drop for 1mg of Selegiline, that isn't much for you to absorb in with the DMSO. What do you think?

You're talking a combination that is foreign to me.  Don't know what the sublingual to pill ratio is.

However, Selegiline is usually prescribed 10mg per day.  Around 40mg / day it begins to spill over into the MAOI-A department, then foods can become an issue.

How were you with adderall, sinement and wellbutrin?  Did it help anything?

You're talking a combination that is foreign to me.  Don't know what the sublingual to pill ratio is.

However, Selegiline is usually prescribed 10mg per day.  Around 40mg / day it begins to spill over into the MAOI-A department, then foods can become an issue.

How were you with adderall, sinement and wellbutrin?  Did it help anything?

Adderall was good at first but over time it turned me into a zombie. Sinemet really didn't do much and Wellbutrin was OK but wasn't what I was looking for, kind of made me a zombie too. So far the Selegiline is OK, I haven't taken it in a few days, I have to see my PO tomorrow so want to make sure there is nothing in me just in case I get drug tested. Been having a problem keeping up with my routine, just can't get motivated to do anything! UGH, hopefully I can find some motivation here soon, I would like to stick to this stack for at least a month to see how it works out.

Hey all,

I know just about no one gets on here anymore but any help would be appreciated. This is what I have in my stack and then I will explain how I will be taking it.

Selegiline 

Naltrexone

Aricept

Galantamine

B6/Magnesium/Zinc/Calcium

ALCAR

ALPHA-GPC

Cdp-choline

Piracetam

Noopept

Theanine

Picamilon

Taurine

Fish oil

Whew....

Alright this is what I have for my main stack, now for my workout supplements. This is where I do not know if I should avoid anything or not. I make my own pre-workout with these.....

AAKG

Alanine

BCAA

Creatine

Agmatine(Ran out need to order more)

Maral root

Basically I do not know if it is ok to take AAKG or Alanine because of the Selegiline(will be doing some research on this myself soon).

I feel the rest is ok because there would really be no interactions and I understand I won't get a answer for the Maral root so I will just have to play that one out.

My planned routine......

Ok so I just got my Selegiline the other day from online, it is Dep-Pro the liquid stuff. I used it yesterday at 2mg and today at 5mg. I liked the 2mg dosage better so I will continue the 2mg dosage everyday for a week and then 2mg EOD.

I also just got my Aricept filled and this is my first time taking it and will be doing 5mg each day in the morning.

Fish oil 900mg DHA, only thing that really matters here. 

I take 300mg Alpha-GPC in the morning, 750mg ALCAR in the morning, 100mg Picamilon in the morning.

I take Piracetam 4.8mg 2x a day daily. Noopept 10-15mg 2x daily. I just got my Noopept and have only used it once so I am new to it and not sure if I will use it or not. Haven't used it today, I will add it in tomorrow and judge from there.

B6 and Magnesium in the morning.

Ok now for my nighttime routine...... 

I take 4.5mg Naltrexone EOD at night. I would like to do this each night but and running low so am stretching it out and probably won't be able to order some more until later. I think I have like 10 or so more doses left. But when I do I will be using it every night.

Galantamine 4mg each night. 100mg Picamilon, 300mg theanine(might have to drop this dosage not sure how it reacts with Selegiline, will do research), 3g taurine, b6/magnesium/zinc/calcium and 250mg Cdp-choline.

I have been using most of this stuff daily but the new addition of Aricept, Selegiline and Noopept kind of change things a bit. 

Any ideas if this combination of stuff should be safe to take? Or any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew 

I would be cautious with the amount of stuff you are taking. You should introduce things one by one and get a feel for them. Have you checked everything for contraindications? You don't want to further confuse your already confused brain... Specifically I would really really do your research into the nootropics you are planning to take. I would be interested to hear what piracetam alone does. I myself was going to do a trial, I have 1kg of powder, but I want to be really sure before I do. It has a similar molecular structure to GABA, interestingly, which might be responsible for some of its effects.

You don't need to take both alpha-GPC and CDP-choline, they are both forms of choline. The latter has been shown to increase dopamine receptor density.

I would ditch taurine and picamillon. They may help, but you can build a tolerance in the long run as they are GABA agonists. Theanine is a good choice.