Planning to have an acid experience

Weird, I can't say that it feels like I'm still tripping, it did for the first month or so, but eventually once DP/DR disappeared, all those "Mind" illusions disappeared and only static on the visual field remained.

From what I remember tripping had a lot of "Trippy effects" (YOU DON'T SAY) and I can say now that I don't experience any of that at all.

For example altered time perception, patterns, "enhancing of distance", morphing of objects, and Ultra HD vision.

For me HPPD seems like the opposite of a trip, like being drunk vs being hungover. You maybe speak some truth about HPPD being the illusion of still tripping, but then HPPD is a psychological disorder, while Visual Snow is a physiological disorder, one can be cured the other can not.

Because if HPPD is described as "Still feeling like you're tripping" then I don't have HPPD.

Same. If HPPD is still tripping, then count me out. It definitely felt that way for a couple of weeks after onset. I have dropped acid, real acid, tested and everything a few times in the past few months. Very low doses twice, and then a medium dose the third time. My HPPD seemed to improve marginally for several hours after all three trips. And I have sustained no unwanted side effects. Which leads me to the belief that I have healed as much as I am going to. There seems to be an extreme distinction between the dp/dr and the more perceptual abnormalities. Not news. However, it does appear possible that while my visual abnormalities persist, the part of this disorder that rendered me unable to partake in recreational drug use seems to have utterly dissipated over the course of the last year. But I take it slow, slow for me. Please don't comment on the foolish decision to take more psychedelics. I'm am more than aware of the dangers! But I do feel the need to share all and any experiences related to it. Im a bit of a reckless guinea-pig, i must admit. Or drug addict, whichever you prefer. Anyways, as I seem alone in these experiences, i would implore that everyone continue on the sober path. 

Well, for HPPD definition you can start with wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallucinogen_persisting_perception_disorder

Your signature includes several of the criteria: 1. Star-bursting 2.Visual Snow 3.Tinnitus 4.Blue Dots in Vision 5.After images 6.Trails

Perhaps defining tripping might be useful:

Most commonly it means "Under the influence of drugs" which the above are the result of.

Then there is "get high on a psychedelic drug" - but then how do you define high

But the root word trip often means going somewhere.  Perhaps that is better in context to the above questions/statements.

Would feeling drunk qualify?

How about DR - feeling disconnected from the world around ... the world feeling weird?

How about CEVs and OEVs?

It seems that feeling-disconnected-from-reality seems to be at the heart of tripping.

While this may seem to be knit-picking, it is important to understand or further refine what HPPD really is.

As far as feeling that one "has sustained no unwanted side effects".  There is what is obvious (more or less immediate) and the unobvious (long-term).  Radiation poisoning may or may not have immediate effects.  But radiation damage to the DNA can show up years later.  The same with smoking tobacco.  Which cigarette gave the guy cancer 20 years later?

It is interesting that recent acid reduced HPPD.  Perhaps you should try a MAOI.

Well, for HPPD definition you can start with wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallucinogen_persisting_perception_disorder

Your signature includes several of the criteria: 1. Star-bursting 2.Visual Snow 3.Tinnitus 4.Blue Dots in Vision 5.After images 6.Trails

Perhaps defining tripping might be useful:

Most commonly it means "Under the influence of drugs" which the above are the result of.

Then there is "get high on a psychedelic drug" - but then how do you define high

But the root word trip often means going somewhere.  Perhaps that is better in context to the above questions/statements.

Would feeling drunk qualify?

How about DR - feeling disconnected from the world around ... the world feeling weird?

How about CEVs and OEVs?

It seems that feeling-disconnected-from-reality seems to be at the heart of tripping.

While this may seem to be knit-picking, it is important to understand or further refine what HPPD really is.

As far as feeling that one "has sustained no unwanted side effects".  There is what is obvious (more or less immediate) and the unobvious (long-term).  Radiation poisoning may or may not have immediate effects.  But radiation damage to the DNA can show up years later.  The same with smoking tobacco.  Which cigarette gave the guy cancer 20 years later?

It is interesting that recent acid reduced HPPD.  Perhaps you should try a MAOI.

I would agree that feeling disconnected-from-reality is the hallmark symptom of "tripping." It's hard to say how I "feel" exactly. I know one thing, going back into that world, and staring it down really, really helped me feel more comfortable with my HPPD. Did I have the greatest experience of my life? No, not quite. I was a pretty standard acid experience. But. i do feel overall more at peace with it. It is what it is. I just had to go back in there a few times. It felt weird leaving things the way they were. Scared as fuck of any drug.

Which leads me to further question the correlation between the dp/ dr everyone feels and PTSD. Also, I tend not to worry about the future. It's a terribly crippling characteristic. But, who knows? Maybe in a couple weeks my brain will implode with CEVS and Ill think I'm an orange. And then I'll pace around in circles muttering "Orange you glad I'm not an banana." in a very soft room.  ;)

Anyways, I am unfamiliar with the typical MAOI pharmaceuticals, have you tried any yourself Visual? What would you recommend I start with? 

• Upvote 1

For me, tripping means being on a hallucinogen. I don't connect it to any other drug or experience... People have taken the word into mainstream language... But, for me at least, it is purely associated with hallucinogens.

If I had to break that mindset down, it would be 3 part

Sensory - all the usual visual suspects, plus auditory hallucinations

DP/DR - The disconnect from reality you mention, including the expansion/contraction of time.

Thought process - Looking into every corner of your mind. Sub concious thoughts bubbling to the surface.

For me, tripping means being on a hallucinogen. I don't connect it to any other drug or experience... People have taken the word into mainstream language... But, for me at least, it is purely associated with hallucinogens.

DP/DR - The disconnect from reality you mention, including the expansion/contraction of time.

Thought process - Looking into every corner of your mind. Sub concious thoughts bubbling to the surface.

For me tripping also exudes a very real physical presence. The muscle tightening, the fluidity you feel. .  . almost like liquid, at least thats how it feels for me. . . and then it sort of mingles with the excited anxiety or ecstasy like feelings. I don't know. Its a very hard thing to put to words.

I feel and think when taking psychedelic drugs; "tripping" should be defined like by my friends experiences from their hallucinations. "Which they say" it expands their brain into a psycho- active transient tranquility positive episode.. They do not feel anxiety or panic nor a bad trip it's more of a settle like feeling of "This is kool/ecstasy" and ultimately no side effects of hppd symptoms after the "ingestion period and reaction to psychedelics" is over..  All of my friends with the exclusion of me where exonerated from the sentencing of Hppfuckingd and any after symptoms related to it negatively.. They do see colors, tracers, streamers, crazy thoughts, weird feelings, "when tripping" but they are controlled with no flight to flee or panic or anxiety attached.. I do find it really frustrating that I'm the only odd ball of this experience that has been tagged with Hppd.. I know U guys can relate too!!!                          So I conclude it is the reaction to the hallucinatory areas of our brain that never really knew how to deal with the chemical alterations from it accordingly.. My friends well that is anther story...    Y??? I couldn't fucking tell yeah even if I was paid!!  I guess only time will tell...   Pss; Maybe when I die I will be able to figure this Hppd out hopefully not though I would like to figure it out while I'm still alive..   Hppdstillspinningmywheels!!      

Wow! You have that? I know that ours are very different but thats not my symptoms.

I have positive symptoms which are the visuals, meaning things are added. Like trails, VS, those blue dots etc. However no patterns, though i do recall having some of that before getting on my meds while looking at the pavement etc...but just a little.

When it comes to the emotional stuff its all described in negatives. Like not feeling anything, not wanting to do anything, not having concept of time, etc.

90% of this has been temp. resolved with meds.

Sorry, but that is one terrible argument! No-one should buy that. 

Well, Its yours for four easy payments of $19.95 plus 4.99 shipping

Just read this forum.  Yes, there are plenty of writings promoting tripping, several I've read.  Yes, there are many who trip without seeming to be harmed.  Sort of like Russian roulette but instead of 6 chambers there are a couple hundred.  Russian roulette is also probably not legal ... thus we don't see it on any 'reality shows' such as Survivor.  Guess we need a HPPD reality show ... or would it be a non-reality show???

Downloadblog1.jpg

There are always many view points.  But is it practical to sit on the fence?

640px-Dar%C5%82owo_muzeum_dwug%C5%82owy_

P.S. Good to see you back around.  Someone was looking for you

Anyways, I am unfamiliar with the typical MAOI pharmaceuticals, have you tried any yourself Visual? What would you recommend I start with? 

I've been interested in trying MAOIs and there is a certain logic to them.  I have tried a MAO-B Inhibitor which worked absolutely great, just a little weak.  Problem is getting docs to continue to prescribe.

MAOs were the most successful 'mental' meds.  But a person could get sick from eating too much cheese or other fermented foods.  So other meds were developed (tricyclics, SSRIs, SNRIs) but statistically none have been as effective.

They are still available but good luck getting one prescribed - - - guess that sort of means they are not available, just manufactured to look pretty on the shelf.

If the doc will give it to you, try Selegeline.  If so, under no circumstances take anything that increases serotonin or norepinephrine - a week before, during, or a week after.

Wow! You have that? I know that ours are very different but thats not my symptoms.

I don't have it full on, like, say, 3 hours into an acid trip.... More like 7-8 hours into the trip... where you are between normal and tripping, without any of the joy and wonder.

Someone once said that was the best part of the trip, as the relief that it was over made them immensely happy.... But when you know it will never be over, that relief turns to anxiety.

That's the best way I can ever really describe my symptoms

I don't have it full on, like, say, 3 hours into an acid trip.... More like 7-8 hours into the trip... where you are between normal and tripping, without any of the joy and wonder.

Someone once said that was the best part of the trip, as the relief that it was over made them immensely happy.... But when you know it will never be over, that relief turns to anxiety.

That's the best way I can ever really describe my symptoms

I had the same exact thing for like 10 to 11 months. Now it`s not that drastic.

Edit- I also did have surges where it felt like I was going to peak again.

DID ANYONE EVER THINK THAT JUST MAYBE IT COULD BE A PROTECTIVE MECHANISM IN OUR BRAIN SO WE DON'T KEEP DOING PSYCHS CONTINUOUSLY??   LIKE EVERYONE WITH HPPD SEEMS TO FUNCTION IN SOCIETY AS A PRODUCTIVE MEMBER WITH JOBS, POST- SECONDARY EDUCATION, THEIR OWN BUSINESS, FAMILY, LOVE, EMPATHY, ABLE TO HAVE SEX, SENSE OF HUMOR, COGNITIVE MEMORY, SMARTS AND THE LIST GOES ON..  I DO HAVE FRIENDS IN LOW PLACES AND THE DRUGS CONSUMED THEM WHERE THEY DO NOT HAVE THE MENTIONED ABOVE.. I SOMETIMES THEORIZE THIS HPPD IN A DIFFERENT VIEW..  MAYBE IF WE DIDN'T GET THESE HORRIBLE REMINDERS FROM THE RESIDUE EFFECT FROM TAKING PSYCHEDELICS WE MIGHT HAVE NOT BEEN WHO WE ARE NOW TODAY??   IF DRUGS DID WORK WITH ME MAYBE I WOULD BE DEAD OR IN THE LOONY BIN OR STRUNG OUT ON SOMETHING ELSE LIKE A LOT OF PEEPS I KNOW AND PROBABLY YOU GUYS NOW AS WELL..  I CAN TELL YOU THIS I HAVEN'T TRIED ANY OTHER CRAZY PSYCHEDELICS OR HEROIN, COCAINE, PHARMACEUTICALS SINCE INQUIRING HPPD..  I SOMETIMES WONDER IF THAT IS THE TRUE REASON I RECEIVED THIS FUCKED UP PHENOMENON.. MAYBE IT'S REALLY A NATURAL DEFENSE MECHANISM FOR THE SAFETY AND PERSEVERANCE OF HUMAN BEINGS AGAINST THE NEGATIVE EFFECTS FROM LONG TERM DRUG USE..  I DO REALIZE IT IS TORTUROUS BUT THAT'S SPECIFICALLY WHAT THIS DISORDER IS DESIGNED TO DO AND  HOW IT WORKS!!  IF THIS WAS TRUE I THINK I GET IT CONSIDERING THE 25 YEAR SENTENCE WHICH THIS HAS PRETTY MUCH BEEN GOING ON FOR IN MY LIFE.. THERE SHOULD BE A TIME PROTOCOL ALSO INCORPORATED IN THIS "DEFENSE MECHANISM"   LOL..                         ANYWAYS JUST A THEORY..       HPPD24YEARSANDSTILLPONDERING!! 

I agree 100% on that.

Your body is very good at giving you warning signs and big huge fucking red alerts.

I got a warning sign after a few goes on the LSD and ignored it, so my body hit me with the big one. Now even a whiff of weed makes me trip like crazy and swear never to touch it again.

It's a good mechanism. Hellish to us, but in the grand scheme of things, makes total sense.

I agree 100% on that.

Your body is very good at giving you warning signs and big huge fucking red alerts.

I got a warning sign after a few goes on the LSD and ignored it, so my body hit me with the big one. Now even a whiff of weed makes me trip like crazy and swear never to touch it again.

It's a good mechanism. Hellish to us, but in the grand scheme of things, makes total sense.

But in my case I experienced the weed thing, and was able to overcome it. So where does that leave people like me? I feel like the wound itself has healed and what im left with our scars. The visuals and minor symptoms I still experience.

So you are able to do a little weed without problems ... just as some can drink without problems?

I know this wasn't directed at me, but it's been six months since since I developed HPPD, and towards the beginning weed would infinitely boost up my symptoms to a hellish level, even a slight second hand high from being in the same room as someone smoking.

I recently caught a slight high from people passing a blunt around a car and it didn't have the ramifications it used to, at all.

It seems as though I'm able to withstand it much better than before in terms of HPPD.

Binge drinking excessively has the chance to give me DPDR issues the next day and hard liquor sometimes give me slight tracers still, but having a few beers will do nothing.

Before I used to get really, really bad tracers and colors would sorta morph, to the point where I had issues playing hacky sack.

It's nothing like that anymore =)

Just figured I'd share this. ^.^

Just read this forum.  Yes, there are plenty of writings promoting tripping, several I've read.  Yes, there are many who trip without seeming to be harmed.  Sort of like Russian roulette but instead of 6 chambers there are a couple hundred.  Russian roulette is also probably not legal ... thus we don't see it on any 'reality shows' such as Survivor.  Guess we need a HPPD reality show ... or would it be a non-reality show???

Downloadblog1.jpg

I've been interested in trying MAOIs and there is a certain logic to them.  I have tried a MAO-B Inhibitor which worked absolutely great, just a little weak.  Problem is getting docs to continue to prescribe.

MAOs were the most successful 'mental' meds.  But a person could get sick from eating too much cheese or other fermented foods.  So other meds were developed (tricyclics, SSRIs, SNRIs) but statistically none have been as effective.

They are still available but good luck getting one prescribed - - - guess that sort of means they are not available, just manufactured to look pretty on the shelf.

If the doc will give it to you, try Selegeline.  If so, under no circumstances take anything that increases serotonin or norepinephrine - a week before, during, or a week after.

Do, do, do, do, do, do, do, do.... YOU HAVE REACHED THE TWILIGHT ZONE !!!

Downloadblog1.jpg

Do, do, do, do, do, do, do, do.... YOU HAVE REACHED THE TWILIGHT ZONE !!!