'THE HPPD Stack' - let's create one

Sounds good. Interestingly, I thought about Mg. L-Threonate the other night. I may get some of that+ReMag (pico-ionic magnesium) today and trial them; has it produced noticeable effects for you?

As I had imagined (from the serotonin depletion), I'm feeling pretty off today; luckily, not as bad as I had felt the other week where I was almost 100% immobile for 3 days, but still pretty bad. I had this weird memory lapse just awhile ago, or should I say, my attention span was so short and fragmented that I didn't remember what I had just done - I didn't 'forget', but I was trying to speak to my dad while making bulletproof coffee and thinking about something all at the same time, and then didn't even realize I had already blended up the coffee as I went to go blend it. Feeling a little better now after taking my supp's and drinking BPC. Of course, the BioMat company claims they don't accept returns on items purchased via a payment plan. It says that on their site, but when I had made my purchase I specifically told them either their site was having problems or my laptop was but either way I couldn't access their page with information on financing. Additionally, their main sales/customer service person lied to me and stated they only have payment plans on the BioMat Pro (one of their more expensive products), when they really have it on their cheap products, too. She never mentioned anything about no returns, and neither did the sales reps when I was asking my questions. They actually all told me different information, too. I'm now in a large dispute with them, because there's no way I'm paying $1,730 for something that made me feel temporarily worse AND that I'm not using, lol. Luckily, Sunlighten still has discounted products from their last sale that just ended in addition to payment plans and 0% interest and I believe you can return the products, too. Hopefully I'll be able to get one of their products soon...

Yeah I really don't know; I received their trial bottle of RNA (you pay for shipping and handling) but after hearing some people claim for a day or so they started seeing things and everything started melting and what not (essentially like a psychedelic state), and iON (the creators) claim it is them achieving connection with their higher self and so on, I was kind of put off by it. My grandma is/was down to trial it, though, haha, so I'm giving her a drop a day starting yesterday. I've seen some seemingly unbiased reports on some weird spiritual transcendence forums where a couple people noticed absolutely nothing, and others claimed it made them lose all sense of anxiety, increased mood, unbelievable increases in energy, etc.On the Circadian Biohackers (a facebook group where people such as Richard Feinman, Jack Kruse, Dave Asprey, etc. post) a couple people use ReMag and have noted that it makes them 'feel better' (in the classical magnesium sense: increased sense of calm, better sleep, etc). There are two books on the products by Dr. Carolyn Dean - Invisible Minerals Part I and II. I was thinking of calling in her radio show and describing HPPD and so forth, for all I know she'd send some trial products, lol.

If you look on youtube there are some good testimonials on the RNA and associated products, and I'm not speaking about the kooky iON radio shows uploaded on youtube. Some people say it would be impossible for the RNA to be absorbed orally, though. If you look on longecity there is some guy who apparently obtained sheep RNA and started injecting it and felt so transformed he went as far as to smuggle it into different countries he lived in/visited and continued using it for a long time. I think that would be a more realistic way of getting RNA in - injections. 

From this: "Sorry, it's absolutely true.  If you don't have a uric acid problem, buy yourself some bottles of RNA powder.  Start with 500 mg. and go up to 20 gm. a day.  You'll see amazing results.  

Of course I've never gotten as outstanding result taking RNA powder as I have injecting the Regeneressen.

The organ specific Regeneressen really does work.  As I recall, I ordered a bunch of skin and connnective tissue regeneressen from Bill Faloon at LEF to regrow my hair.  That worked so well I took Christmas holiday in Munich and went to the pharmacy the Pope gets his meds from.  I brought a 10 cc. synrings with me and took the hundreds of ampules I bought and filled that sucker up.  Raised s big bump on my butt.  Did that for 2 weeks.  Sent a bunch to friends who would know what it was for (me) and smuggled a bunch back into the US (I took the train to Frankfort and flew to Logan Airport from there).  I declared liquor filled chocolate, apfelkorn (apple snaps) and other stuff, value under $200 when I was actually carrying back what was left of $3,000 worth of Regeneressen.  The border patrol officer looked at my declaration, looked at me and my bags and wrote a big red F on my declaration.  He told me to get in line over there.   So there I was sweating billets, wondering who would bail me out over jail over the holidays.  I took my bags and declaration over to the line, waited my turn, almost wet my pants and the customs agent said "well, you flew in from Frankfort".  have a safe drive home.  Over a period of about 2 months with daily injections, my skin tightened and wrinkles disappeared.  It's a known fact.  Not a miracled."

"Believe it or else, the cheapest supplier of RNA is Life Extension. It is pricey. There was an M.D. who, regrettably, suffered from diabetes so through he treated many patients, he could not treat himself with RNA. You need strong kidneys and low uric acid/no gout to take RNA. You might take a look at VRP's price in addition to LEF's. Dr. Franks was the M.D. who developed RNA therapy in the 60s. Do some poking around http://www.vrp.com/art/1129.asp Vitamin Research Products and of course see if Dr. Benjamin Frank's book is still available from Amazon, perhaps as a used book."

More information (sorry if I'm bogging down the thread, just let me know and I'll refrain from it, haha): "Dr. Frank stated, “The importance of nucleic acids in protein synthesis and in enzyme synthesis, as well as the importance of RNA in bringing about DNA synthesis, and the actually observed anti-aging effects of nucleic acids on whole man, support the claims regarding the value of increased intake of nucleic acids in the prevention and treatment of cellular degeneration. (...) Dr. Frank claimed that not only do nucleic acids (1) decrease overall oxygen utilization, but also (2) increase its inherent effectiveness, lessening potential oxidative damage to the cell. He believed that the “anti-anoxia effect” of nucleic acids (ability to do better work on less oxygen) was due to the increased synthesis of CoQ10 and enhancement of the efficiency of Kreb’s cycle and respiratory chain. He believed nucleic acids might even lead to increased synthesis of mitochondria. (...) Dr. Frank recommended consuming a minimum of 1.5 gm daily of nucleic acid for general health and well being. However, he recommended much higher doses for those with specific health concerns. He cautioned, however, that when taking higher therapeutic doses of RNA, that urine pH be only slightly in the acid range. He found that highly acidic urine with a high RNA diet (more than 2 gm daily) may result in elevated levels of uric acid in the blood, which can cause kidney stones. This can be easily prevented by drinking plenty of water. Urine acid-base balance (pH) can be easily tested by using urine pH test strips."

Just to throw it out there, I'm starting Z-Health Wednesday, March 12. I spoke to a master trainer over Facebook who's part of the Ray Peat Inspired group, and coincidentally he's in contact with this local trainer. I emailed the woman I just spoke to, and I found out she's actually part of the Ray Peat group and we've spoke before on various threads, our names just weren't familiar through email. She'll be relaying information on my testing at our initial session to the mutual friend/master trainer to get his insights, as well as conversing with Dr. Peat as a group and going over my personal (extensive) conversations with Dr. Peat. I'll keep everyone updated with my experience but I see this holding great potential - when it comes to brain scans and my experience with ophthalmologists, I have no structural damage/changes to my brain/eyes and have 20/20 vision despite all the odd visual phenomenon - so as the title of our disorder states, it's a perceptual/processing disorder - exactly what Z-Health aims to train.

This makes me further excited because I can theoretically see synergy with the training I'll be doing and NSI; though this isn't scientific in the least bit, I see it this way: NSI = neurogenic, thus having the potential to correct underlying problems (in the hippocampus, at least); z-health = training the perceptual processes/visual system/nervous system, creating more efficient "brain maps" of my body and environment; so, NSI+z-health = new, more efficient 'mini structures' in my brain (neurons/growth factors) primarily in the area of the brain dealing with memories, emotions, emotional memories, etc. while facilitating greater connections and functions via z-health which may get ingrained in these new neurons. But, I may be wayyy off base here.  

I've gotta say, I'm pretty sold on the idea of using very simple means to drastically change our biological (neurological?) functioning often touted by Dr. Peat, such as raw carrots and bamboo shoots to lower endotoxin and thus reduce emotional/mental agony, too; bright incandescent light; environmental enrichment;etc. but a lot of these research chemicals/drugs have my attention (maybe it's because I'm so young and my prefrontal cortex ain't fully myelinated yet):

I know some of these have been spoken about before..

Buspirone has been noted not to work extremely well for most; for some it works okay. Melatonin has anti-oxidant and potential/theoretical anti-depressive effects. If you combine them, they have a synergy and may fight MDD: "We used in vitro neurogenesis-based human neural stem cell (hNSCs) assays and rodent in vivo behavioral assays to identify potential novel antidepressants. A combination of buspirone and melatonin displayed antidepressant activity in these assays whereas neither buspirone nor melatonin alone showed any antidepressant-like profile. After evaluating numerous combination ratios, we determined that low dose buspirone 15 mg combined with melatonin-SR 3 mg yielded optimal antidepressant efficacy in our pre-clinical platform. The low dose of buspirone suggested that antidepressant efficacy might be achieved with only minimal adverse event liability. Based on these data, we conducted an exploratory 6-week, multi-center, double-blind, randomized, placebo- and comparator-controlled study of the combination of buspirone and melatonin in subjects with acute Major Depressive Disorder (MDD). The combination treatment revealed a significant antidepressant response in subjects with MDD on several measures (Clinical Global Impression of Severity and Improvement, Inventory of Depressive Symptomatology) compared to either placebo or buspirone 15 mg monotherapy. These preliminary findings have clinical implications and suggest that a platform of pre-clinical neurogenesis matched with confirmatory behavioral assays may be useful as a drug discovery strategy."

Anyone have access to the full text (I would if I was on campus)?

Baicalein, a metabolite of the breakdown of Baicalin, enhances NMDAr-dependent LTP and memory:

"Baicalein enhanced the N-methyl-d-aspartate glutamate receptor-dependent LTP in a bell-shaped concentration-dependent manner. Addition of the lipoxygenase metabolites 12(S)-HETE and 12(S)-HPETE did not reverse these effects of baicalein. Baicalein treatment enhanced phosphorylation of Akt during induction of LTP with the same bell-shaped dose–response curve. LTP potentiation induced by baicalein was blocked by inhibitors of phosphoinositide 3-kinase. CREB phosphorylation was also increased in the CA1 region of baicalein-treated slices. Baicalein-treated rats performed significantly better than controls in a hippocampus-dependent contextual fear conditioning task. Furthermore, baicalein treatment selectively increased the phosphorylation of Akt and CREB in the CA1 region of hippocampus, but not in the prefrontal cortex, after fear conditioning training." 

Baicalein attenuates impaired hippocampal neurogenesis and the neurocognitive deficits induced by y-ray radiation.

Inhibition of 12/15-lipoxygenase by baicalein induces microglia PPARβ/δ: a potential therapeutic role for CNS autoimmune disease (appears to decrease the negative effects that PUFAs can have while inducing PPAR(delta) transcription factor activity, which interestingly makes the bodies fuel oxidation pushed more towards lipids, but it is also involved in myelination and to a degree, glucose metabolism)

Chronic Administration of Baicalein Decreases Depression-Like Behavior Induced by Repeated Restraint Stress in Rats:

"Daily BA administration significantly decreased the duration of immobility in the FST, increased sucrose consumption, and restored the stress-related decreases in dopamine concentrations in the hippocampus to near normal levels. BA significantly inhibited the stress-induced decrease in neuronal tyrosine hydroxylase immunoreactivity in the ventral tegmental area and the expression of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) mRNA in the hippocampus. Taken together, these findings indicate that administration of BA prior to the repeated restraint stress significantly improves helpless behaviors and depressive symptoms, possibly by preventing the decrease in dopamine and BDNF expression."

GABA A receptor subtype selectivity underlying selective anxiolytic effect of baicalin. (full text again, haha?)

"Baicalin, a naturally occurring flavonoid, was previously reported to induce anxiolytic-like effect devoid of sedation and myorelaxation in mice, acting through type A gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA(A)) receptor benzodiazepine (BZ) site. The present study further expanded the behavioral pharmacology profile of baicalin and subtype selectivity was explored as a possible mechanism underlying its in vivo effects on mice. Baicalin was characterized using convulsion, memory, and motor function related animal tests; and its selectivity towards recombinant GABA(A) receptor subtypes expressed in HEK 293T cells was determined by radioligand binding assay and electrophysiological studies. In the picrotoxin-induced seizure, step-through passive avoidance and rotarod tests, the anticonvulsant, amnesic and motor incoordination effects commonly associated with classical BZs were not observed when baicalin was administered at effective anxiolytic doses, demonstrating a separation of the anticonvulsant, amnesic and motor incoordination effects from the anxiolytic-like effect. Although baicalin exhibited higher binding affinity for the alpha1-containing GABA(A) subtype compared with alpha2-, alpha3-, and alpha5-containing subtypes, this was not statistically significant. In contrast to the classical BZ diazepam, baicalin showed significant preference for alpha2- and alpha3-containing subtypes compared to alpha1- and alpha5-containing subtypes in whole-cell patch clamp studies (P < 0.01). Its subtype selectivity suggested that baicalin exerted its in vivo anxiolytic-like effect mainly through the alpha2- and alpha3-containing subtypes. Therefore, the present study revealed an underlying mechanism for the selective anxiolytic profile of baicalin, suggesting alpha2- and alpha3-containing subtypes were important drug targets for flavonoid-based anxiolytics."

I have to review the studies I collected on Etizolam (I should make Anki spaced-repetition cards on this stuff!), but doesn't it act on the same GABA subtypes (I feel like it doesn't, but if so there may be synergy with etizolam, l-theanine, and a very pure, high absorption (which is the rate limiting factor in its efficacy) baicalin)?

I apologize for bogging down this thread, and also that the research/ideas/experiences I've been posting have been all over the place; I do think, though, that it's beneficial to look at things from multiple POV's. Perhaps we can incorporate some of this research into the original post by syntheso...

I just found this paper, and it is definitely something I've been interested in since I first started messing around with diet/supp's for HPPD since I was 17 (and at that point I hadn't hypothesized I had HPPD): A ketone ester diet exhibits anxiolytic and cognition-sparing properties, and lessens amyloid and tau pathologies in a mouse model of Alzheimer’s disease

Unfortunately it's not letting me copy an excerpt from the paper, but it's interesting (haven't read it in its entirety, yet, though). As I alluded to earlier, I have success with having Bulletproof Coffee as my breakfast in the morning, which I believe even if I have full liver glycogen stores, will still produce ketones due to a high dose of MCT's (I'd like to purchase a breath ketone monitor in the future to see if I can achieve this - 0.5mmol of beta-hydroxybutyrate while still consuming carbs every day). The paper is partially authored by Richard Veech, who is one of the most renown researchers in the field of ketones and keto-acids (keto equivalent of amino acids that hold therapeutic potential).

Until I have purchased my home/DIY biology and chemistry labs and textbooks, along with college courses, and thus can make a more evidenced back opinion on oxidizing glucose vs. ketones, I'm going to start cycling in and out of ketosis again as a means to produce more ATP and increase oxygen utilization (or, derive more energy from less oxygen) in my brain. 

Perhaps we can incorporate some of this research into the original post by syntheso...

Yeah sorry mate, I've been meaning to. Also responding to your points, but am quite busy at the moment.

Perhaps you could summarise what you feel are important points under headings? Would make things easier.

I haven't tried the GABA supp I linked. I take Bacopa + fish oil together with no problems.

I want to try the supplement you linked but I`m cautious now because I can`t take more than 5 drops of CBD oil and 1,000 mg (or more) of fish oil in the same day without experiencing side effects.

I want to try the supplement you linked but I`m cautious now because I can`t take more than 5 drops of CBD oil and 1,000 mg (or more) of fish oil in the same day without experiencing side effects.

It seems you are concerned about fish oil? The supp I linked doesn't contain fish oil so I am not sure what your concern is. It seems the contraindication you are having is with CBD oil and fish oil.