Will weed ever be safe

All you guys know that getting stoned doesn't feel the same anymore. It, atleastfor most of us, is usually full of anxiety and feels a lot more like acid. With the amazing fact that my symptoms are improving, I was wondering that once this goes away, will I ever be able to smoke again. As a high school boy weed was and still is my life. I was just wondering, even if I manage to not get anxiety during the high, will I always "trip" on it?

• Upvote 4

think its different for everyone but i've never had a problem i n my 14 yrs of this shit with smoking anything.. in fact if i didnt smoke my life would be unlivable. i wouldnt be able to slow down enough to work and i would be able to have any kind of social stability. i know thats the opposite of what alot of people on here say with herb but it's never affected me the way it does some. I've never had anxiety or paranoia smoking... and i think regardless of what brought you here with the hppd, if you had anxiety or paranoia with herb before then you will after.

• Upvote 1

I know a few of the people who've recovered have said that once their symptoms were all-but gone they could smoke with no issues. I'd be cautious, though. Wait until you're well and truly out of the woods before going full-on stoner again; if you know it feels bad/worsens your symptoms it's really not worth the potential setback. You've probably seen the CBD thread around - have you considered giving that a shot? It's most likely prohibitively expensive, but if you're keen on testing the waters you could track down a high-CBD strain and try a little. But, again, approach this cautiously, and if you can hold off, that's probably best. Perhaps give passiflora, damiana, scullcap, pendicularis, etc. a shot.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

bad bad idea, its like playing Russian hppd roulette your symptoms start improving and than BaM! smoke a bowl and hppd full blown or worse than before smoking weed is one of the worst things you can do its like taking any other pyshcadelic its just not smart man, I could not even go down that path without having a full blown increase havent smoked weed since the onset and hope oi never do again, don't you want to get your brain back screw weed bro be safe.

• Upvote 2

Sorry man, weed doesn't do shit to my visuals but makes me feel like a full blown schizophrenic. Since my mental well being is almost completely normal when this shit goes away I'm gonna give it two months and then start smoking indices occasionally.

• Upvote 1

I´m HPPD free and have been smoking hashish for a few weeks. I have no bad effects, so I think that if your HPPD has subsided well enough, it could be safe to smoke. But I can´t really know, because everyone are different and it´s no way telling if it will cause any trouble.

I smoke frequently. For a while as you said, smoking was much like tripping on acid. However, I believed that in particular came from smoking spice. I wasnt able to smoke marijuana and feel normal for a few months leading up to my HPPD onset after I had a JWH overdose. I remember telling my friend this and he said to me "You fucked your body up." Ironically, he was right. My symptoms really came about in full force after I smoked some questionable bud some months later. After about a year though, its kinda back to normal. I cant say for sure. I get pretty high usually. But I slowly built up a tolerance, and slowly reintroduced my body to it. At first taking just one or two. Now I thoroughly enjoy it. As I once did. And it is one of my only escapes from HPPD and the stresses of navigating my unsuccessful 21 year old life. So, eventually I found it made no real impact on my symptoms overall.

Albeit, seemingly. I say seemingly because I thought the same thing about alcohol, but I was dead wrong. Alcohol made my hppd worse after the inital onset. I kept drinking even though my HPPD was HORRENDOUS back then. Which added to my symptoms. So its been over a year with HPPD. Its gotten better. I can drink a few beers, and smoke as much as I want. As far as I know, without making this worse.

Its kinda give and take at this point. I dont think my HPPD will get any better than it has. Might as well enjoy my life and hope it doesnt get any worse. I dont suffer from DP often. And I dont have much unwarranted anxiety. Though my anxiety is much easier to trigger.

Anyways, ultimately it's a decision youll have to make for yourself. And at the risk of being too presumptuous, Ill take a shot in the dark and assume youll probably end up smoking sometime soon. And thats just it. None of us can really tell you how you will react to it. As evidenced by the myriad of answers you received. More than likely it wont be too pleasant. So take a hit or two and see if you can relax. If its making you anxious then I would say its best to pass on pot for a while and come back to in a few months and try again.

You just kinda need to "experiment" with it, ironically. Sorry I cant be of more help.

• Upvote 1

herb never impacts my visuals.. only my state of mind.. and without it my state of mind would be the quantitative effect of putting drops of lsd in the eyes of 500 just walking just talking toddlers and setting them loose in a single room..

so needless to say i frequently visit it

That does sound interesting, if anything!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry but I totally disagree with smoking weed being 'ok' whilst suffering hppd or dp/dr.

Its kinda the same as a lung cancer patient saying its ok to smoke tobacco cause they notice no change in their condition. Your body is trying to heal people! Give it a fair chance and avoid adding fuel to the fire. Sorry but I feel strongly about this theory. Better health to all and god strength .

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

After I got HPPD pretty bad from mescaline I continued smoking weed even though it tripped me out majorly I still smoked it like every single day not really giving a shit about myself. This carried on for a about 2-3 months until my friend offered my oil one day. (Note: at this stage my hppd had gotten slightly better but was still quite annoying to deal with) So I had a few dabs with them and I had the craziest flashback more intense than any flashbacks before. The next day I went back round to my friends place and we just had some bongs and for the first time in ages I got stoned "normally" no tripping no anxiety no nothing just stoned. After this I smoked some more oil and I felt fine just extremely stoned. Since then I have never had issues with smoking weed and I dont know if it was the oil or just something that finally clicked in my head. I continued smoking pot for another 3-4 months after that with my hppd not really getting better or worse. In the 4h month of this though I found out that my girlfriend was pregnant with my baby so I quit smoking weed so it would be easier for her to quit to. After quitting I noticed my hppd got a lot worse at first. I think it had something to do with getting withdrawal from smoking weed everyday for a very long time. After a week or so though my hppd seem to start going away at an extremely fast rate. Now as im sitting here typing this 3 months later my hppd is almost completely gone. I only see the slightest static in the distance and in the dark with flashbacks maybe once every week or two at night. I guess it changes from person to person. What I have learned from my experience though is that weed could potentially become normal and "safe" again if you suffer from hppd even though listening to other people on here that does change from person to person. I have also found that giving weed up even if just for a few months will speed up your mental healing astronomically. Most of all what ive learned is to learn to laugh at your hppd rather than getting upset with it, it definitely makes it a lot easier to deal with. 

Hope this helped and peace :) 

i had horrable hppd + dpd comorbid...the first 4 1/2 month after my onset, the hppd wiped out completely and i tryed smoking only once while having hppd..it was horrable...however after my hppd i was left with dpd which was also still a nightmare and i couldnt do any drugs...but then i started to ensure myself that i want to enjoy weed again and as for most of you it is the only source of wellbeing..so i smoked little pieces of weed and started like this...0,1g, then 0,2g, then 0.3g and so on and now i can enjoy it in small amounts again but still have to be carefull not to smoke too much since i still have dpd and might risk a panic attack + dp/dr + anxiety + depression...but i dont give up cause im still at training and i dont smoke tobacco and rarely drink some alcohol...

i learned that i have to fight my psychological issues...since i realized after solving the first few issues i was able to enjoy weed and life in general a little more which i wasnt able to do at all for so long..my progress is amazing..so im keeping up the good work..

its incredible what a psychological transformation i went through. from giving up every drug to going back to it with growing confidence

and what also helped me was cbd oil but i ate and vaped it..i ordered some 30% pure cbd oil from the internet and that did wonders for anxiety and general well being + it is so healthy it replaces so many supplyments + its not addictive

think i will try a self made extract next time

i strongly believe to come back to mary jane again like i did on my old days...love the green and nature...all the best for everybody and enjoy every moment you live... :D

brandonking...i was thinking this way 3 month ago...but here i am enjoying drugs again..

since dp/dr is an anxiety response from your brain to stop feeling further emotions to prevent you from any negative influence of the outside world you have to learn to enjoy again (i know there is nothing more difficult) otherwise you will always live inside your mind...always being afraid of new experiences...thats no life man...cause it doesnt only mean that you cant enjoy drugs again..it also means that you will never be able to experience the full potential of enjoyment in your life in general again.

that doesnt mean that i want you to take drugs but dont say no to fun and experience ..and if drugs have always been fun or experience for you..you are able to find that fun again..you just have to change back to normal and find yourself before.