I know i'm not the only one experiencing this, I've read other accounts of it around the web, but I have immense pressure in my head, particularly the frontal lobe area for me. When it's there (90% of the time) I can't think clearly, I feel like a zombie, things I used to understand are not clear to me. It's like I have an anvil on my head.

Anyone else have this pressure in their head?

It is by far the worst symptom to me. I could not care less about the visual symptoms, sure it makes driving at night near impossible, but to be able to think clearly and use my mind would be god damn amazing. My Brain chemistry is screwed up or something, i'm pretty sure, I feel like half the man I used to be.

If anyone else has experienced this symptom, have you ever found relief from it?

Also: something strange, this pressure occasionaly goes away for a while, like a couple hours, usually at night - it's great, but i have no idea why that happens. Usually worst right int he morning, doesn't get a whole lot better throughout the day, sometimes i get some relief at night.

Headpressure is my worse symptom as well. The way you explained it is exactly how I experience it. It sucks, the only reliefs I've found for it is exercise (cardio) works wonders. Maybe not the second after you get done exercising but about ten min. later I'm able to relax and it will go away for 3 to 4 hrs.

I have to exercise daily due to this symtom, but It keeps me in shape and healthy atleast. Also if you take a warm shower that will sometimes help quit a bit.

My headpressure usually gets the worse when my anxiety is high or I'm concentrating on something for a long time.

Muscle relaxers work great for me, I actually take zanaflex everyday when my headpressure occurs and it usually goes away. Soma works the best as far as muscle relaxers go. Also after I take my klonopin it goes away for a couple hrs. I usually wake up everyday w/ crazy headressure headaches, I think it's from staying still so long while I'm asleep. But again that's when I take my klonopin in the morning and it goes away. Coffee actually takes it away to, but I can only drink caffeine because I'm on benzo's so my anxiety doesnt get to crazy.

Pain killers are addicting as hell but they wipe my headpressure str8 out. I actually got very addicted to them before and now I have to be careful with them. I actually just flushed 40 pain killers down the toiled a few hrs. ago cause I didn't feel like having w/d's once I was finished w/ them. Sad but only way I can go w/o abusing them.

If you can get a doc to prescribe you muscle relaxers ask for Soma first and if they won't prescribe that try Zanaflex. It works on tension headaches and migraines as well and isn't addicting (maybe a tiny bit not much) Alright if any of this didn't make sense it's cause my doc gave me those pain killers today so I'm kinda messed up lol, I'm proud of myself for throwing the rest of them away though lol/ later!!

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply 1998. I'll look into muscle relaxers. Now that you mention it, you're absolutely right about exercise. I skate every evening for a couple hours or more, and it goes away (skating, when it comes down to it, is just a ton of cardio I suppose).

Also Coffee/caffeine works quite well for me too. I've been a coffee addict from a young age, and I find the head pressure always gets litter after a cup of joe or what have you.

But i really believe exercise is key for it for me, appreciate the feedback!

have a good one '98!

• 4 weeks later...

. I actually just flushed 40 pain killers down the toiled a few hrs. ago

Good on you for controlling your habit but at the same time this is terrible news! Lols I cant believe you flushed them. Do you mind me asking what they were?

Also, I get very bad headaches almost every single day. The worst ones come on when I go out on a very bright and sunny day. I takes my eyes about 15 minutes to fully adjust and during that 15 minutes I have to keep my eyes 90% closed and even then the light causes my fuckin eye balls to hurt and the pain spreads to the rest of my head. It's no bueno at all.

those were just tramadol, i get 60 every two weeks. If they were hydro i would of just sold them lol.

Soma and Zanaflex work good for my headaches w/o the addiction that comes w/ opiates.

I could get prescribed vicodin daily, but I'm just not ready to go down that road again till life is unbearable

good to see you around you must of beat that misdameanor or felony like two yrs ago, I figured you had to go away for a while like me when I got 6 months for a dui later!

• 1 month later...

I have chronic vertigo 24/7 , for the last 30 years . I feel it started with a flashback and my brain got stuck in a flashback mode. Anyone else have dizziness like this all the time? Scott.

• 1 month later...

i get sort of vertigo - more a constant sensation of movement, like you might get when you come out of a lift sometimes. This is associated with head-pressure. It feels like i have two heads, one inside another which is floating around under pressure. I also got vertigo like a fear of heights feeling but when on the ground - that was cured by n-acetyl cysteine. Also i had bad brain fog in the front of my head - like it was stuffed with cotton wool; again, sorted with nac. Now i just have head pressure at the back and sides going into my throat, especially if i need to handle a lot of information. Nothing seems to touch this tho. Maybe a muscle relaxant could work.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Brynjar

Hello, mate.

I also have have this head pressure and it made me into a zombie before.

After searching the internet I found it related to the "kundalini" experience related to yoga and meditation.

It helped me a dozen to start a yoga practice - including ways to "harvest" or control these sensations.

I would recommend a meditation-like posture called "corpse pose" and others using deep breathing.

Been doing a yoga practice including ways to get this energy to rise.

I got feelings of energy in my forehead (third eye chakra) and top of my head (crown chakra).

try it, it's free and relaxing.

• 2 years later...

@Lt. Broccoli, I have the same sensations as u had. Pressure or tight feeling at the frontal lobe region, which is the most irritating part because it reduces mental abilities. I also have pressure at back of head and neck, sometimes on ears. DId u find any solution to this? Please get back. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I too have the dulling headpressure and at times it feels like I'v gotten a lobotomy or something, absolutely hate the feeling!

I've found that massage spheres (you can get them on amazon) help relieve the pressure after rolling them around the pressure points on your scalp, temples and neck as well since all these muscles are connected. I think the head pressure could be caused by our muscles being tensed up all the time from hppd thus blood doesn't flow as freely.

Hello, mate.

I also have have this head pressure and it made me into a zombie before.

After searching the internet I found it related to the "kundalini" experience related to yoga and meditation.

It helped me a dozen to start a yoga practice - including ways to "harvest" or control these sensations.

I would recommend a meditation-like posture called "corpse pose" and others using deep breathing.

Been doing a yoga practice including ways to get this energy to rise.

I got feelings of energy in my forehead (third eye chakra) and top of my head (crown chakra).

try it, it's free and relaxing.

Hi, what kind of yoga are you referring to? - Thanks

• 7 years later...