15 years old w/ HPPD

Hey all!

I've taken the K2 Spice (Incense) only 5 - 7 times and have developed HPPD. Beforehand I thought it was a chemical imbalance, so I got hospitalized in a psychiatry unit and was monitored 24/7.

They prescribed me

-Risperidone 3mg

-Lorzapam(Ativan) 1mg Twice Daily

I feel like my symptoms have gotten worse after taking medicantions. I feel like a zombie and I have no motivation to do anything I have used to in the past.

My symtoms:

-Walking but don't seem to be going anywhere

-Everything looks HD

-Everything looks like through a fisheye

-Anxiety

-Depression(never thought I would say this, being a bright person lol)

-DP/DR

-Body High (Feeling really light)

Any ideas on what I should do next, i'm still young so I don't have much knowledge on what to do.

I'm thinking that HPPD is psychological, and I should get off any medications, and use Valarian Root for my anxiety and Meditation everyday so hopefully it will decline to where it won't bother me anymore. Please help me out, my grades have dropped because of it.

Thanks!

Sounds different than our staticy ghosty vision. It almost sounds like just derealization, a lot of thinks can looked fucked up when you are derealized. Perhaps it is that. Resperidone is an antipsychotic, which is known to worsen symptoms greatly. Unless you are delusional or have actual visual or autiory hallucinations, which is psychosis. I don't want to say one way or the other. Discuss HPPD with you doctor who prescribed the meds. It is important that you two are on the same page.

How long did you have these issues before getting hospitalised?

I think your symptoms would have gone after 6 months of healthy living (this seems to be the case with weed/spice induced hppd).

I'm more concerned about the meds you are on at such a young age. I would start tapering down from both and just try a few months without drugs, alcohol, cigarettes etc... and with lots of healthy food and exercise. I would bet my house that you would feel fine after a few months

Agreed with Jay, if your hospitalization was just for monitoring if you brought this up due to anxiety, get off the meds if you can and your docs are willing to stand by it. If no improvement you can always jump on the meds if they help.

How long did you have these issues before getting hospitalised?

I think your symptoms would have gone after 6 months of healthy living (this seems to be the case with weed/spice induced hppd).

I'm more concerned about the meds you are on at such a young age. I would start tapering down from both and just try a few months without drugs, alcohol, cigarettes etc... and with lots of healthy food and exercise. I would bet my house that you would feel fine after a few months

Thanks for all the comments and support guys, really. I just have to wait to see my doctor because I want to taper off the meds and I don't want to get some full blown schizophrenia from just quitting cold turkey. I'm sure he will side with me, my doctor goes to my church and is nice.

Some clarifications on my symtoms:

DR/DP

- I look into the mirror and I look foreign

-Feeling kind of -out of body-

What do you guys think about the benzo that I am on? Should I slowly get off that too, and use Valerian Root?

I was on risperidone for over a month and no success, so we can rule out a chemical imbalance. I'm almost certain it is psychological.

Thanks!

Ok, if those are your symptoms and nothing else has come up then you should def. taper off the meds. Especially the benzo if the valerian root makes a difference.

Don't be scared about that schizo fear. I think we all have had that but it goes away once you been on the edge a couple of time and then finding out that you'll be fine.

Good luck!.

Thanks for all the comments and support guys, really. I just have to wait to see my doctor because I want to taper off the meds and I don't want to get some full blown schizophrenia from just quitting cold turkey. I'm sure he will side with me, my doctor goes to my church and is nice.

Some clarifications on my symtoms:

DR/DP

- I look into the mirror and I look foreign

-Feeling kind of -out of body-

What do you guys think about the benzo that I am on? Should I slowly get off that too, and use Valerian Root?

I was on risperidone for over a month and no success, so we can rule out a chemical imbalance. I'm almost certain it is psychological.

Thanks!

Ok, if those are your symptoms and nothing else has come up then you should def. taper off the meds. Especially the benzo if the valerian root makes a difference.

Don't be scared about that schizo fear. I think we all have had that but it goes away once you been on the edge a couple of time and then finding out that you'll be fine.

Good luck!.

Thanks for the help, and what do you mean by schizo fear?