COMT inhibitors

Has anyone tried them? I've heard a few people got almost symtom free after a combination of Tolcapone and Levodopa. Tolcapone seems to be very dangerous to the liver but apparently one use is enough to know if you will benefit from it.

Has anyone tried them? I've heard a few people got almost symtom free after a combination of Tolcapone and Levodopa. Tolcapone seems to be very dangerous to the liver but apparently one use is enough to know if you will benefit from it.

My main symptom(slow frame rate vision) seems to be present in Parkinsons patients as well. I 've been chatting with a fella on the dpselfhelp site regarding this as he had the same issue. Mine are in junction with the HPPD symptoms but I'm realizing that they might not be because of HPPD itself, as I have seen it mentioned much here His issues were alleviated after taking medication that effected Dopamine, as a he had a hunch that Parkinson's(low dopamine) drug may help- and as a matter of fact it did.

I'm doubtful my doctor would prescribe any Parkinson medication though.. Also, makes me wonder if I have an increased likelihood of developing Parkinson's.

• 2 weeks later...

windscar, no offense, but your the type of person the people that are working on doing something with this stuff are afraid of buddy, if someone abuses it in the name of self righteousness or just wanting to get better, this really goes for anybody, don't be the guy or girl that goes on his or her own and starts taking this stuff and gets all screwed up because of it, hurt basically or worse, if anyone goes that way or wants to go in that direction you must be under the supervision of dedicated professionals, not a haphazard ones that get loose with their patients. Be very careful with what your doing, you might ruin it for others and research that can many in general, do you really want to be that one?

seriously, do you want to be the asshole that stops research into this and that because your ass couldn't handle yourself or what was going on, let the real people work on it, they'll let you know, some people have been waiting years for something to come along, you had this what? a couple months, I would even erase this post just so some dumbass doesn't get ideas

• 6 months later...