Interesting experience

I was running through the woods last night (my city has a bunch of golf cart paths) and there was only minimal light from the street lamps a few feet from the cart path. The path I was running on had trees hanging over it and multiple times I could have sworn I was about to run into a branch hanging down. I would stop and reach out with my hand only to discover the branches were hallucinations. Even after a few times of stopping and discovering they weren't real I still couldn't force my body to run through them. I would have to stop and reach out in order to progress. This is much stronger than most of my other symptoms as I have a much milder case than most here

Has anyone had similar experiences?

I think this is somewhat normal, but how vivid are these hallucinations? Before I had any symptoms a simalir thing would happen, I think it just because it is dark and your brain is trying to help you from walking into something or trip over because it has no visual stimuls. My night vision is horrible, I don't get vivid hallucinations but I get moments where my visions goes a bit fuzzy and feel like I'm going to walk into something but I remember having this before these symptoms anyway.

Torches are a great invention, haha!

Haha seriously I could have used a torch.

I knew they weren't real but they were so vivid I could bot make myself go any farther without reaching out with my hand. My night vision sucks also but this seemed much different and wasn't just the usual static and not being able to tell where things start and end.

Things can really look weird in low-light conditions (especially with HPPD). When I walk outside in the night, I see people everywhere, which makes me quite nervous! I don´t really live in a nice calm neighborhood. Upon closer inspection, those "people" turns out to be trash bins and bushes! But they really looked like living, moving people. I have severe "illusions of movement" and things can blend together often (acid style), which breathes life into those inanimate objects.. :wacko:

Light moving through trees bothers me whether it is day or night. At night running through trees you're dealing with a couple of problems. With hppd we already have a problem with the way light bounces off things and at night it seems worse to me. Hard to tell where things start and stop. With you running you're combining your own movement with the distortion of moonlight penetrating all different shapes of limbs and leaves. The woods can be scary even if you don't have hppd.

I was riding in the car with my brother at a time of day where the sun was slanting through the trees in just a certain way and we were gong about 60mph. I can't tell you all the colors I was seeing for just a brief moment. I asked my brother did you just see all those colors? He said nope. I hope this helps.

Something weird that happens to me is that things that go on in the farthest parts of my peripheral visions seem to get stuck there. If I am at my computer and someone pokes their head into the door, which is 90 degrees of where I am looking. AfterI am done speaking to them and turn my head back to the computer screen, I could swear they are still there. But when I turn my head back they are not. Its weird.