Visual snow

im not sure if id say thats really close to visual snow or not but i can only base it on my own snow.... i dont see black dots on all backgrounds (outside of my floaters) ... i see whats like little pinwheels that make up all aspects of my vision. more often when looking at blue than any other color which makes sense as blue is the tone light that regulates sleep and the receptors responsible for that (the ones new to science) are likely among the things that get futzed up with us... this is an animation i made to try to describe to a friend what it is i see... through meditation i've been able to focus in on the action and watch a single set of this spinning, but imagine these pinwheels linked to millions of other pinwheels.. all spinning in one big coordinated pattern..

oqKfrra.gif

if the pic doesnt show try this : http://i.imgur.com/oqKfrra.gif

through my completely unscientific experiments trying to study this motion i've drawn the conclusion that this is how our brains process vision. it is the most efficient way to disassemble an image from the point of attention out to the edges of the image. since the conscious brain does not need to render the entire image with clarity it follows a predefined pattern from the point of attention out and it makes up the illusion of a fully processed image

this also happens to be the leading though on how the holographic universe may play out, based on how as you approach a black hole, the breakdown of data gives the appearance of an infinite series of interconnected points rotating in on themselves.. through the wormhole had a great animation on it in its first season... funny how these things all seem to follow the same patterns in nature.... or is it just that our limited observational capacity makes us believe these patterns exist

hppd33: I wish it was that clear!

Red-blue-noise.gif

Closed-eye-visualization.gif

These two I see. Although I tend to have these moving clouds as in the bottom picture quite frequently though, especially when I calm down and look at the ceiling.
It's always sort of moving though, but the upper picture is always present, and the speed at which it "snows" is actually quite damn accurate.

hppd33: I wish it was that clear!Red-blue-noise.gif

Closed-eye-visualization.gif

These two I see. Although I tend to have these moving clouds as in the bottom picture quite frequently though, especially when I calm down and look at the ceiling.

It's always sort of moving though, but the upper picture is always present, and the speed at which it "snows" is actually quite damn accurate.

This is what my snow is like too, although my snow is a bit faster than that image. My snow isn't even coloured as such either, it's like transparent snow but is very visible, hard to explain.

For me it's really similar to this:

Red-blue-noise.gif

Only thing is I don't actually find it distracting and pretty much ever since it appeared 7 months ago I've learned to ignore it and at times even enjoy it. In fact I prefer to think of it as a 'heightened awareness' of my surroundings. Although at times, if I concentrate enough and listen to psychedelic rock/trance I can actually focus in and make the LSD-like 'energy spheres' appear, which make me even happier for some reason. I know it's weird.

• 2 weeks later...