Visual snow/ Closed eye vision

No meds help much.. Keppra combined with Lorazepam is the best combo so far IMO, and that only might reduce VS by maybe 5-10 %. In other words not worth it..

The best healing technique is called; acceptance. It's a slow and hard process, but in the end it's necessary since HPPD does not just disappear. It will there for the rest of your life probably. After a few years your mind will forget your normal vision and adapt to the new state of HPPD. This will happen gradually, and the more it progresses the more the anxiety and worry will let go of it's choking grip.

Sorry if I sound a bit grim but I'm a realist, and this is the reality of how HPPD works..

No meds help much.. Keppra combined with Lorazepam is the best combo so far IMO, and that only might reduce VS by maybe 5-10 %. In other words not worth it..

The best healing technique is called; acceptance. It's a slow and hard process, but in the end it's necessary since HPPD does not just disappear. It will there for the rest of your life probably. After a few years your mind will forget your normal vision and adapt to the new state of HPPD. This will happen gradually, and the more it progresses the more the anxiety and worry will let go of it's choking grip.

Sorry if I sound a bit grim but I'm a realist, and this is the reality of how HPPD works..

Yeah it sounds a bit grim man.. The visuals I could learn to accept, but all the co-morbid bullshit that comes along with it simply cannot be accepted. Likewise you wouldn't accept being set on fire, rather you would try to find a way to put it out. Whilst accepting that I feel horrible helps some days, in the long run it changes absolutely nothing. If I were to accept that HPPD doesn't go away, I'll essentially be giving in to a life of soul-shredding misery and disability.

Under normal circumstances, the benefits of acceptance can be boundless. But I think we can all agree HPPD counts as anything but that.

As I once read: "If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, accept it."

In the same text was also written "Always do your best."

I think in the case of HPPD one must do all of these things. Whilst accepting that things might not change immediately may limit suffering, one must also do their best to (find a way to) change it. If you don't do the latter, then yes indeed the probability that it will last a life-time is relatively quite high.

Regarding the "reality of how HPPD works".. Wouldn't you say the reality of how HPPD works should be defined by science, and not by philosophy?

Not hating on you or anything.. Just you know, gotta look at it from more than one angle.

7 years.

Do you hate sounds? Do you hate it when you are doing something what you dont enjoy? Do you have this feelings? How do you relax? Do you do sports? Do you smoke? Are you DP/DR'ed? No feelings only fear, and skitzo like thingies

Do you have a girl friend? Are you shakey? Are your eyes looking death? Are you better then 6 years ago? Do you still drink alcohol? Does it help?

Lotsof questions :) but i just want to know, maybe i would feel better when im not alone in this shit.