Has aneyone tried Coluracetam

hey @ Onedayillsailagain...   I have an appointment on monday with this neuro psychaitrist.. He would be able to perscribe Coluracetam  or Guanfacine  Gapapentin  etc etc    Can you PLEASE refer me to some reaserch articles or information sheets i can show him about these things...??

Thank thanks

LarryC: Interesting.. And you never did half a tab? I didn't know Halpern treated people with Aricept.. I'll have to look in to that, thank you! It appears I might have to update the Colu article.

Must-be: You psychiatrist can't prescribe you Coluracetam, neither can your doctor, nor your neurologist. I have no knowledge of Gabapentin. I believe @Syntheso is busy with Guanfacine, so he'll probably be more up to date than I am about it (I forgot most of what I've read about it). And for Coluracetam I've made this document (which is the one I already uploaded), but it's no use as no professional will be able to prescribe it to you, and even if they could it would take months of paperwork to get the go-ahead and to make it available to you.

What do you want to try in particular? How up to speed is your psychiatrist with HPPD? There are many articles available, it would help if I can narrow them down to a few ;) Could you be a little more specific? And also, do you mind replying via PM? The thread is derailing a bit, but I'd like to help if I can of course.

onedayillsailagain,  I don't remember taking half a pill.  I was in CA and my neurolgist prescribed the med.  I am not there anymore so can't see her for another trial.

The  small piece on Halpern and Aricept came up but with not details.  It was an obscure post on different options with HPPD with different meds by docs.  I have been reading things for years and come accross the wide range of treatments.  I thought it interesting that a neurologist had mentioned ACh to me and Aricept and finding that Halpern treated people with the same.

I have the Aricept still but don't know what happens to the med when it is past expiration date.

Slightly off topic - I understand that visual static/snow has been successfully treated with corticosteroids.  I was in contact with one member on thosewithvisualsnow  who was prescribed prednisone short course and it was effective.  Later though I understand that it came back.  I have read up on visual snow and optical neuritis and it said that IV corticosteroids are more effective in that it has had less recurrance of synptoms.

I see. I've searched for any mentions of Aricept/Donepezil associated with Halpern, yet I haven't been successful in finding literature of it.. Have you any links? I might be able to access the full article. As for the medication you still have.. well needless to say you should consult a doctor yada-yada you get the point. Obviously your own responsibility. I don't know about expiration dates.. I've taken medication past the date on multiple occasions, and they were always effective. I guess it depends on how it is stored (e.g. single-packaged pills in foil would obviously last longer than a few in one of those yellow screw-on bottle type thingies you guys use in the US, consider light, temperature and humidity as well), and how long it is overdue.

As for corticosteroids: bad idea. The risks vs. potential benefits are far too great. Also it'll mess up your ANS regulation, and you'd probably get anxiety from it.
I wouldn't touch those with a ten-foot barge pole. It's been a while since I was reading up on Endocrinology (did that to better understand Guanfacine I believe), so I might be wrong, but my memory preserved a crucial notion: "Avoid at all costs". I don't feel like looking it up all over again, but have a search for yourself and you'll see it is something you definitely want to avoid if you can afford to.

Sorry no link kept. But I definately remember seeing it.

As far as the corticosteroids,  I agree.  I had to take them for a long while before this return of HPPD for some fiberous growth in my abdomen.  It has very bad side effects as said.  Anxiety and more. When I read the side effects on the med sheet,  it sounded like a description of a disease instead of a treatment. But I had to take them as they had no other treatment. 

For the visual static,  I had a bottle of prednisone for a short course from a doc but did not take them.  For some,  a two week stint may be worth the side effects.

What happened to spell check on the menu above????

Ahh thanks for posting that experience.. Guess it confirms my suspicions to some extent. Haha this is getting pretty far off-topic but whatever.
What spell-check? Doesn't your OS or browser have that built in? I don't like the spell-check.. it keeps telling me the words I create don't exist. And then sometimes I think "Well, that just has to be a word. Sounds too good not to be." and then I find it is indeed a word upon searching for it. Gotta get it updated I suppose. I rather have a grammar check though.

Ok thanks for the article.. fingers crossed this doc can pull some strings.. I do not care what i try.. i just want something that works for fucks sake... the doc im seeing is a professor so he has access to all specalists on HPPD internationally... you mentioned earlier that you would be able to provide some info to the health care professional so it would make it easier for them to be informed about this medicine and how it relates to hppd.. so thats what i was / am asking you for.. thankyou. yes i would  perfer not to use PMs... i would rather post on this thread that i started. thanks

Yes I meant if it was going to be about other topicss than Coluracetam that it might be better to PM instead of use this thread.
Hmm if you can't download it I could e-mail you the file.. The link should be working; I just downloaded it myself. I'll see if I can upload it in a PM but I doubt it.

Well I uploaded it to the Downloads sections: http://hppdonline.com/index.php?/files/file/70-coluracetam-for-hppd/
But I got a message saying it must be approved first.. And the max upload size for attachments is 41.35 kb, so that's not gonna work.
Don't know what else I can do about it mate.

So.. just throwing this out there: http://www.stopacne.nl/nl/coluracetam.html?id=6224077
I ordered some just now. No clue if this is legit, but I happened to get some unexpected finances so thought it was worth it.
Should be here somewhere after the weekend. idk about international shipping etc though..

Note: it's in Dutch.

English version: http://www.stopacne.nl/en/coluracetam.html

Started in 2009 Stopacne.nl is a company that specializes in providing products for acne treatment. Acne can be a difficult problem to solve, and not every product is equally effective for everyone. Therefore, we offer customers a wide choice of different products that combat acne in different ways. 

:lol:

Anyways - good luck!

Yeah.. They started out as an acne company but expanded to nootropics and others.. Haha freaking questionable stuff, but I asked them to include a copy of the COA if possible. Anyway thanks for the wishes and also for posting the English version!

Note: usually the Dutch don't screw around when it comes to quality/liability though, so I've not much worry in regards to safety.

Thank you StateOfRegret!
Yes indeed, very excited about this myself.. Though now that the day is nearing.. I realize I haven't given much thought to what I'll do if it doesn't work. Well I mean I've had some thoughts and theories, but just.. fuck I wouldn't know what to do next haha! I can't possibly conceive a more perfect candidate than this, which would make it ever so more demoralizing should it not work. So I guess I'm just quite anxious that it won't. Conversely, if it does, I'd imagine myself yelling it off the rooftops :D

Thank you StateOfRegret!

Yes indeed, very excited about this myself.. Though now that the day is nearing.. I realize I haven't given much thought to what I'll do if it doesn't work. Well I mean I've had some thoughts and theories, but just.. fuck I wouldn't know what to do next haha! I can't possibly conceive a more perfect candidate than this, which would make it ever so more demoralizing should it not work. So I guess I'm just quite anxious that it won't. Conversely, if it does, I'd imagine myself yelling it off the rooftops :D

How much have you got coming? :)

2 grams :) 1 on Tue, the other idk yet.

edit: Well to be precise 2.2 grams haha.

Cool! Not sure what your dosing plan is but you might want to get some more to test your hypothesis as you'd only have around 25 x 80mg doses. Might take a while for the HPPD brain to receive some benefits!

Nope; the plan is to start with 10mg TID, and if that doesn't suffice, 20mg TID. I know it might take a while, but effects should become evident within minutes to days, a week tops I'd suspect. But yeah given the.. odd nature of HPPD it could be a little longer/different.

But with 10mg TID, that's 2200/30=73.3 days. or 2200/60=36.7 days. and even at 3 x 30mgs, it would be 2200/90=24.4 days. I'd say that's all sufficient time to trial Coluracetam, especially considering the effects should be near to instant in onset.

80mg TID would probably be overkill, and I suspect this is exactly why the study failed to show results (as explained in the article). The most I'm willing to try is 40mg TID, for too much ACh can induce depression, though I doubt that I would need this much if it does actually work.

The plan is to do a 1mg allergy test, then if that passes, a 10mg dose on a "clean" (nothing other than Keppra/tobacco/food) morning, if no effects by noon, another 10, if no effects by night, another 10, and then try that for 3 days. If still no effects, 20mg by morning, 10 by noon, 10 by night, if no effects 20 by morning 20 by noon 10 by night.... you get the idea.

IF it works, I'll be buying bulk (at least a year's worth, probably more [maybe a decade's worth]).

In any case, I repeat: I suspect changes should become apparent within a week tops, so that'll probably leave me sufficient time to order extra before it's out of stock. If there's absolutely no improvements after that, I doubt it'll work at all. Though I suspect it might be the kind of thing that accrues in benefit over time, it should start working rather acutely to the extent of being able to exclude placebo effect with confidence (not the: "ohh I've noticed some changes here and there but I'm not sure" -type of thing). Anyway, I should receive it in less than 48 hours now :D

Also note that if it doesn't work within a week, of course I'll keep using it, but longer than a month and I would probably ditch it.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Figured I'd bump this to mention that Coluracetam is pretty widely available now, given that when it wasn't there was quite a bit of buzz surrounding it. Would be interesting to hear if it helps other HPPDers; seems like Odisa's trial might've scared some people off, but everyone's different!

Newmind.com seems to be the most affordable. I've just ordered a gram, might give it a shot to note any immediate effects but it'll probably be a while before I can do a lengthy trial; just want to have it on hand for when I can.

• Upvote 1