3D IMAX and HPPD don't mix. Yowza

It's my girlfriends birthday and we went to see pacific rim In IMAX 3d. There is a reason I have avoided 3d IMAX movies in the past. I didn't think my brain could handle it. I saw stark trek a few weeks ago which was my first time seeing a movie like this. I was fine.

But today holy crap. I had to leave after about 15 mins. I couldn't even look at the screen. I had such severe vertigo from these computer generated giant monsters and giant warehouses with giant robots. I almost fell over as I walked out of the theatre. Then while waiting for her in the lobby they had the ad for the movie on repeat with the noise from the robots rattling my brain every 30 seconds. And as ridiculous as it sounds I had a general fear that something was going to rip the roof off the theatre and I could vividly see it happening.

Really I still feel so twisted and its been about 5 hrs. My poor gf. I don't know how much longer she can tolerate this.

Anyway this was just my experience and I wanted to share. Anyone have a similar experience?

• Upvote 1