just started Clonidine

By the way: Should Clonidine not work out for you (hope it does of course), perhaps consider Guanfacine. It's also an α2 receptor agonist like Clonidine, yet slightly different of course. The stuff sounds pretty amazing to me, have a look at it if you like. However it does have some potential visual effects, but I guess all drugs carry some potential side effects that needn't happen per sé.

Edit: found a study of the effects of both Clonidine and Guanfacine on Prepulse Inhibition: http://ww.andp.org/skins/main/pdf/chapter_abstracts/PTTA09Abstract_Alsene.pdf

cool thanks, it is really up to my docter.

One thing im wondering about is that... obviousley now i do not do any drugs or alchol. Athough i am right into my elite fitness /  natrual bodybuilding..  One of the products i take is a pre workout intensifier, it contains caffine and a few other ingreedients. Does anyone think this could possibly get in the way of the treatment i am undergoing with clonadine / or do you think it will be cool? The supplament name is "the one" from pbm labs...   i do like my fitness

Cheers-

Thanks

Hey man,

considering your taking a sympatholytic, caffeïne would probably not really aid your cause. But I suppose it wouldn't hurt too much if your not that anxiety prone.
Idk what the other ingredients are though, can't find the stuff online.

Any improvements yet? Lately I've been seriously considering adding a sympatholytic.. Would be cool to know if you've had any success with this.
All the best.

• 3 weeks later...

^ Yeah I was gonna be that someone. However Coluracetam took 1st place on the to-try list.

Seriously though, would be cool if more people would start experimenting a bit with different meds.
Off the top of my head, so far the only meds that have been used are SSRI's, TCA's, CCB's, BZD's, AED's, Barbiturates, Beta-blockers, Sinemet, and it kind of stops there.

From what I know I'm the only one who tried an MAOI, but that was way to short for effect to take hold (got scared of the Amphetamine metabolites).
Rasagiline looks like a good safe deal if anyone would wanna try MAOI's. What about AChEIs? Nobody tried those either. Nor Cholinomimetics.
AFAIK, I'm the only person who tried a SSRE, did little for me.. Hmm what else? tDCS had some short-lived but very profound effects for my mental symptoms, not many have tried that. There's bound to be some more approaches that could ameliorate symptoms, and perhaps I'm forgetting a few potential medications atm.

Yet it seems - not trying to be a dick here - that most just settle for Clonazepam and try to move on.
I wonder what factors contribute to this.. Yes, we all know the medical system is messed up. And maybe trying medication might be a scary thing for some. And financial factors, legality.. In short just all the limitations of the culture and society we live in today. Plus the rarity and all. But still I can't help wondering why there's such slow, little progress in HPPD treatment research/information/experience.

I have guanfacine somewhere mixed in with my meds. I tried propanol first which helped with anxiety but just still not sure about that one, when I give it a go i'll post to let you now how it works for me.

It's seriosly so hard for me to tell how certain meds even work now a days being on so many of them :blink:

I feel you about how slow the progress is. I've been on these boards for over a 13yrs and still klono seems to be the most used drug. I do think gabapentin and lyrica help, but your tolerance builds so dam quick. I've found drugs like clonidine, propanol and muscle relaxers that help me cope with somewhat w/ anxiety, but then I feel extra tired and my memory gets foggy so it's just a trade off. Anyways I've just been hanging w/ family and friends, plus going on vacation soon so hppd hasn't been bothering me thankfully. GL and I will post after I try Guanfacine later...

I used gabapentin for a while. It seems to have helped a good bit in some ways. First off it makes you feel great. Secondly it completely erased what little DP I would get from drinking. I dont get any at all now. So I can drink a little bit with friends. It kinda makes my visuals swim a little. The good thing about it is that since I stopped taking it the results I got have stayed. I still take some every now and again because its kinda fun lol.

• 4 weeks later...

My experience with clonodine was a bust.  No help.  At one point, David had said he wanted to have it removed as one possible meds for HPPD I think, due to its ineffectiveness. Gabapentin can uplift your mood but can make visuals a bit worse.  A trade off that some feel is a good one.

• 2 weeks later...

I took clonidine at the very beginning of my HPPD, and it did nothing for me.  I think it can be make you a little tired. 

My psychiatrist talked to Dr. Halpern (who has published a few papers on treating HPPD) and he said Halpern recommends SSRIs, Clonidine, and Naltrexone.

I also took Naltrexone and that did nothing either.  A lot of people say Naltrexone helps with DP/DR but it didn't help with that.