Wellbutrin (Bupropion)

Hi everyone, I started taking wellbutrin sr about 5 weeks ago.  I got up to 300 mg and one day at the grocery store, I couldn't read the signs for the aisles.  I experienced blurred/double vision.  I have good eyesight despite HPPD so I stopped taking the Wellbutrin.  I want to know if this is a side effect that will go away or if I should stop taking it altogether.  Thanks!

Yes.  If I stay away from serotonin increasing meds, then vision is sharpest.  Even melatonin does a little fuzzing.

When I find vision lacking sharpness, I take a little more dopamine increasing meds (Sinemet).  It tends to stay sharp for days after that, even with no med.

I found Wellbutrin helpful for black moods that persist.  Use it more PRN.  Don't know why it would blur your vision ... but the brain is complex.  Do you find 150mg / day blurring?  And if not, is it sufficient to help your moods?

I started off taking 100 mg twice a day for two weeks, then I moved up to 150 mg twice a day for 2 weeks.  I didn't notice any impact on my visuals until about 4 weeks in.  Wellbutrin seemed to help at 200 mg, but I'm scared to go back on it.  I told my doctor about the blurred vision and he said it was probably just anxiety.

Blurred vision is anxiety?  Amazing how they always come back to hysteria anxiety.

When you say 200mg, do you mean 200mg twice a day?

The other thing is dosage changes with Wellbutrin take about 1 week to settle in (according to half-life).  You have the SR version?.  Longer stuff is 'brain settling'.  Often it is good to sit tight at low doses for a while.

How long has your vision been blurry?

Are you taking other meds too?

By 200 mg, I meant 100 mg twice a day.  I do feel like it was helping at 300 mg (150 twice a day) until I noticed the blurred vision.  I do have the SR version.  My vision is back to normal.

I'm currently taking 2.5 mg clonazepam and 3000 mg of Keppra.