Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Username218

identity

7 posts in this topic

i wonder if anyone here struggle with identity.

Will i ever get it back?

i only get partal fragments here and there, but i never feel like a complete person.

everything is just a rollecoaster of bullshit.

in the beginning i still felt like myself, but not anymore, i am only a distant memory. 

Anyone get their identity back during this?

i wonder if anyone here struggle with identity.

Will i ever get it back?

i only get partal fragments here and there, but i never feel like a complete person.

everything is just a rollecoaster of bullshit.

in the beginning i still felt like myself, but not anymore, i am only a distant memory. 

Anyone get their identity back during this?

I struggle a lot with this, what helps is to be around people who helped create your identity/ego, such as your parents, close friends, etc.. you are a product of your environment as they say. I find when im deep in a conversation with my mother or father, my true identity comes out and for that split second i feel normality, but its fleeting. The trick is to be able to hold onto that identity after the conversation has ended. I have yet to achieve this.

thanks for replying.

i wish i could describe who i was, but i feel its gone, i will never be close to who i was

nobody created my identidy, i did so myself, so i have nowhere to go, not even home

my friendships are falling apart, only thing i have left is family but that is also a struggle.

everybody says their life is over, my live didn't even begin, i'm 25 and its killing me more by day.

My life never 'began' and i'm in my early 30's.  

Not only do i have many shitty relationships, i have a shitty relationship with myself in terms of connection with reality and self esteem. 

Don't worry................It can get a lot worse. 

My life never 'began' and i'm 24.

I am going alone abroad to work on Scotish farm, I will be living in a container with 3-7 unknown people because I need money for treatment.

relationship with my family is over. No one ever believed me that I am ill, although EEG showed anomalies.

It looks like, that I will need a lot of klono.

Always look on the bright side of life...

oh god, i just rambled on and on about the existential looping thoughts i have on this topic but firefox shortcuts are the worst. yeah, i struggle hugely with identity, what constitutes the 'self', and so on. i'm not sure if pursuing philosophical/existentialist literature is a good idea or a bad one.