Muscle tension

se7ven

Can you explain further?

I don't have muscle tension as such - rather sensitivity of skin, which is a massive problem and my worst symptom. It is like I have a permanent graze on my buttocks / upper thighs that is aggravated when placing pressure on the area (e.g. by sitting down).

My pain, in my opinion, is 95% HPPD related. It seems likely that in my case the hyper-excitability of senses has extended past just the visual and auditory ones, resulting in painful sensations without any sensory input that would normally cause pain, know as allodynia. It seems hope1 has something similar.

Muscle tension and pain can be completely different, however.

My Face and my shoulders, and my stomach, stays tense from i wake up til i og to bead at night. I think that is has some thing to do with the thing that i have trouble feeling my Face and the rest of my Body because of the hppd, and it makes feel like im not in my Body. I'm pretty sure that it's related to hppd since it has breen A symptom that have followed me since the day it all started.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Muscle tension/tightness/spasms can be from acetylcholine/dopamine imbalance.  Since some HPPDers respond to Keppra (acetylcholine) and/or Sinemet (dopamine), there is a logical connection here.

Whether your sensations are mediated peripherally (body) or is perception (brain) it is hard to say.  But many have reported these kinds of things starting in the same time frame as their HPPD symptoms.

Perhaps the litmus test would see if you have any response to either of those 2 types of meds.

Yea i definitely have muscle tension, muscle spasms, and nerve pains, which i guess would be fibromyalgia....honestly it's been goin away, but if i sit down at a movie theater now to watch a movie, my legs feel extremely tense when i get up, something which never used to happen...one time i took Morning glory seeds and the only effect was that they made my legs so tense that i could barely walk...dont see why hppd couldnt cause the same thing