My recovery from Substance Induced Anxiety Disorder

pneumatron

Valuable info for people with anxiety/panic disorders, which can develop from drugs/hallucinogens. But HPPD is a bit different, our vision is not as well edited as the normal man. Anxiety then stems from this perceptual change, eventually we all go through the process of acceptance you describe. A lot of us suffer from dp/dr, which I believe does stem from anxiety even if you do not feel the traditional effects of anxiety, anxiety makes you so obsessive over every facet of perception that you begin to doubt its absolute validity, this is how I felt, others would disagree through. But, to say that all our symptoms are rooted solely in anxiety is hubris.

Just to clarify, and to repeat what I said in my first post on this new forum, I joined hppd online on the old forum exactly a year ago. At the time I believed I had some kind of drug psychosis. Since then I found out I had an anxiety disorder and not HPPD. I've not claimed anywhere that HPPD is equivalent to anxiety. Im not qualified to make that claim being as I've never had HPPD. I just thought I would help other people who came to this site in the same state that I was in.

Thanks for your reply anyway.

Very excellent post. I can relate a lot of the anxiety bit. It was a large part of my struggle with HPPD. There are some great coping strategies and insights here. Hope you are doing relatively well these days mate!

Dukkha

I'm doing really well thank you. And thanks for the kind words. I just hope this helps people passing by who may just have anxiety. This was the first site I came to when I was experiencing strong visual snow, floaters etc... I didn't realise it was just a symptom of anxiety and not hppd. I told myself I'd make a post like this if I'd recovered 1 year later. And I have. =) Got a bit of a hangover today as I went on a bit of a bender last night. If I'd have done that this time last year I would be having waves of panic every few hours...

I'm doing really well thank you. And thanks for the kind words. I just hope this helps people passing by who may just have anxiety. This was the first site I came to when I was experiencing strong visual snow, floaters etc... I didn't realise it was just a symptom of anxiety and not hppd. I told myself I'd make a post like this if I'd recovered 1 year later. And I have. =) Got a bit of a hangover today as I went on a bit of a bender last night. If I'd have done that this time last year I would be having waves of panic every few hours...

So did you have visual phenomenon like morphing shapes and stuff? Whenever I try to focus on something my vision goes a little wonky. I definitely have a degree of anxiety about it, but I'd like to know if you've seen this issue go away along with the anxiety.