a dream within a dream.

Hello again,

Almost three months since my fateful Shrooms trip and its been hard. Ok, so strangely enough I had developed some vestibular distinction with my HPPD, which has some weird synergistic effect with hppd. My main symptom was and still is a shifting or breathing effect thougout my visual field. I will look at a wall and it will sway up and down, light switches will move in circles, my computer screen will expand and contract, from what I hear normal for a Shrooms trip (I took Shrooms once and ended up in this permatrip so I cannot know the norm). These things were first experienced on Shrooms to an actual lesser extent, and picked up after the trip. At first I thought HPPD, as I had done my research, but there was something different, I felt the room breath. I felt as constantly as though I was on a boat and had a few drinks in me it would get so bad I would feel as though I was being pused to a wall, my worst case I almost was pushed off my chair as my head wanted to follow the wall as it folded up on itself. I also was having severe problems concentrating, I would mix people's names up continuously, I would forget classes, basically some real fucked up sheet. Severe anxiety followed, having your body feel like it is on the ocean going over 10 foot waves, while the bastard wall on the far side of the room looks like it is trying despritely devorce itself from its duties to run off and star in a b-list imitation of inception and the wall behind me doesn't want to see it go and it somehow has gained dominion over gravity so that has shifted backwards, while trying to do a test on physics who's subject matter I have lost complete faith in is unsettling to say the very least. I felt I was too many facets of Leonardo Dicaprio sadly excluding the looks and the ability or the proper resources to paint naked women. This continued with varying degrees of fucked upidness for seven-eight weeks. Around week three, with help of this site, I uncovered the world of vestibular dysfunction. What I had, including the visuals may not have been HPPD at all but Labyrinthitis, the symptoms all fit perfectly, it is actually startling how many symptoms overlap. I went to the doctor and the doctor said, I had an ear infection which could have affected my labyrinth and probably do have labyrinthitis, I had a positive romberg test. She gave me antibotics and said it clear up in a few weeks. Whatever this is it, it convinced me it was a labyrinthitis, as I still believe a large part of it was. The visual shifting for a large part coincided with how my ears where feeling that day. One day I felt fluid shift after really bad ear pressure and that was one of the wall's and ground's most rebellious days. I also have hell ringing in my ears. So I was convinced no HPPD and all vestibular dysfunction. Oh the hubris of man, see I like my drugs, smoked weed errday before my current situation. Actually my biggest regret about getting this is not being able to enjoy drugs, if every other person in the whole of history can enjoy a spot of acid here, some dmt there, mary jane everywhere, I feel so deprived that if I cannot. See I started smoking again after I was convinced of the ear nature of my disorder and that was when the more visual symptoms stated to emerge. I now have what I believe is minor visual snow, afterimages, and now over the past few days (I have not smoked in 2 weeks), this progressive dreamy like vision, like seeing life through the cameras they use for soap operas. Which I chaulk up to increased visual snow and some kind of lesser contrasting of colors, perhaps dr on top of that. Now I know this is still a minor case of HPPD as I have seen for the past couple of weeks for the seconds after waking what real HPPD is, real visual snow, after images off of everything non matter how long I look. Anyway I just wanted to check in and compare and contrast. Yous guys experience anything similar. Oh I should also mention I have had bad labyrinthitis symptoms in 2.5 weeks.

I don't have that breathing effect though I had it while tripping. I fell that regret of not being able to use drugs anymore, too, but for me it's more a regret of not being able to do anything I used to do at all. How old are you?

Wish the best for you, and please stay here with us.

told you man, there's at least some overlap for some people, did you the head shake test? I copied this from wiki

The vestibulo-ocular reflex (VOR) is a reflex eye movement that stabilizes images on the retina during head movement by producing an eye movement in the direction opposite to head movement, thus preserving the image on the center of the visual field. For example, when the head moves to the right, the eyes move to the left, and vice versa. Since slight head movements are present all the time, the VOR is very important for stabilizing vision: patients whose VOR is impaired find it difficult to read, because they cannot stabilize the eyes during small head tremors. The VOR reflex does not depend on visual input and works even in total darkness or when the eyes are closed.

This reflex, combined with the push-pull principle described above, forms the physiological basis of the Rapid head impulse test or Halmagyi-Curthoys-test, in which the head is rapidly and forcefully moved to the side, while observing whether the eyes keep looking in the same direction.

lay off the drugs for awhile longer though, let yourself heal

saint i can tell that you are young, i have almost every symptom of hppd.i also have that dreamy vision,dont be afraid of what you have,it has helped my life for the better.

its better than being dead, dont ever forget that.

No one can know that.

Well yeah, it's been hard and the visuals have been worsening and I am also a bit unsteady still. But I am having better days as well and am feeling like I am on an upward trend. It is only really bad when I just wake up which is when my visual snow is the worst. It goes away during the day and returns when I am tired in a progressive fashion, but the only in substances which are heavily patterned or completely bare. You guys seem to worry that I am going some wear which I am not, hppd is nothing compared to what I had already had to go through with vestibular disfunction which is now 95 percent gone. I just feel weird that I somehow developed both on the same day. Anyway I hope you guys conquer all that is in front of you. I am trying to do the same.