Fears of getting old

Jay1

Visual-the feeling was overwhelming. I know I stated I felt as though it was "normal" but think it would need some titrating. Plus Dr.A was find if the idea of using these drugs long term at all.

Visual-the feeling was overwhelming. I know I stated I felt as though it was "normal" but think it would need some titrating. Plus Dr.A was find if the idea of using these drugs long term at all.

Yea, it isn't the best drug to be using long term ... though there are much much worse.

I would really like to know exactly why I had some permanent improvement (although by no means totally 'cured') - - - that is what we all want. Perhaps after the brain starts to be able to self regulate, it in turn is able to reregulate the regulator (dopamine supply) [ repeat that 10 times fast ]

And others have got better without meds

I know what you meen Jay, getting old is my main fear by leaps and bounds... I'm only 24 and i know im in my prime for many years to come, but in my line of work, 30 years old and up is the expiry date for most soldiers, unless your extremely proven. Honestly, the best way to keep feeling young, in my opinion, would be to get into great physical shape. Get back to how you were when you were 20 years old, get to the point where you felt you could turn the world upside down brother. That physical fitness will turn you into a machine that you were in the past and you will feel fucking magnificent about it and hopefully, bring you back to a time in the past.

It stands to reason that nothing would make someone "normal" right away. It is a matter of "mostly normal".

Can you describe your experience (overwhelming, etc.) ?

1-+slightly+alive.jpg

It was strange in a nice way but felt as though my brain was not in synch with my consciousness and when I spoke it was harder for me to make sense as the flow of words was constant. Realizing this I spent most if my two hour reprieve from HPPD alone, crying tears of joy because any hint of depression, do/dr was wiped out. Visuals were still present but dampened down. Dr.A made it clear that being in those drugs long term was not ideal. He didn't get into specifics.

Hope this helps. Wish somebody have a damn and would work on this problem 24/7 till the cause is identified and a safe therapy, possibly cure could be found. Tired of waiting, not enjoying life

My visuals have gotten worse. Left eye has a pronounced after image/ blind spot that is more noticeable and is easily noticed when transitioning from dark to light environments quickly and vice Versa

I recognize this fear. My dad has an awful memory and I am right there with him, already. I don't know if Keppra has made my memory worse or not. It was never very good.

I had a particularly bad experience about two months ago. I do stupid and forgetful things all the time however, this is my worst. I pulled in to a gas station and worried that i was going to run out of gas was relieved to make it in. I jumped out of the car, quickly swiped my card and entered my pin to suddely turn around and shockingly notice my car was not right behind me. It should have been two feet behind me, I suddenly out of the corner of my eyes say my car rolling down the gas station towards a curb a grassy area. My car was stick shift and I forget to pull the break or put it in gear before shutting if off. After I snapped out of the shocked state I sprinted after it. It the curb and popped up on the grass area and stopped. I quickly hopped in and drove off leaving behind my pride with all the people who had witnessed this first hand at the gas station behind. I'm EXTREMELY fortunate it didn't roll into the street or hurt someone in general. I can't emphaize that enough and am eternally grateful. Had it been 10 feet to the left i would have hit a brick enclosure of a dumpster and to the right would been a street.

All because I forgot to put on the parking break..

My friend had done that several times Ludwig. No joke. He stops. Gets out, forgets to put in park. And he drives on automatic, hes hit fences, trees, he even once pulled out from a gas station with the hose still in his tank which ripped it off. Gas went everywhere, a real big deal at the time. He has zero hppd. He can also remember any 10 digit number hes ever seen. So while some of these things seem to point to our failing brain power. How much of it is just a few accidents or brain farts?

I think this kinda stuff happens to everyone. Even before HPPD I definately put the cereal in the fridge and milk in the cubboard a few times, and I'm young.

But I know what you mean about fearing old age and senility I terrified of it.

Agreed. Everyone does that kind of thing. My parents do it, all the time! They're only 40 and have never touched a drug in their lifetime, plus they don't drink often. People have thought after thought after thought. It's called a brain fart.

If it happens once a month, fair enough.... but i'm talking about doing stuff every day.

Usually just stupid stuff like getting my cats names wrong or calling my wife one of the cats names (ahaha)....