=(

windscar

OK perhaps some people recover but as you are saying that there's a high recovery rate, I have also read in various places that those who recover with time are the exception.

Neither those people in the various places or I have statistical data on rates of recovery so they don't know at all. I at least are going with information from Dr. Abraham who have treated patients for decades. He has been reported to have stated (by several people from the old site) that 50% of the people recover within 5 years.

Also if you would put together other things I said, Lerner, as I have said here, that there are periods of alleviation and recurrance.

There's pretty much two options:

1. Believe everyone here who has personal stories of getting better.

2. Believe whatever random bullshit you've read and convince yourself that you'll never get better, and that your life will never be the same.

It's like, I don't want to hear you complaining here about being forever changed and never getting back to normal after we've told you that people do get better. You ignore that and the continue to cry about how life will never be the same as it was before. News flash buddy, my life is almost EXACTLY the same as it was, minus the fact that I will never do psychedelics again.

The first step on the road to recovery is attitude. A positive attitude will vanquish your anxiety. And you CAN get better. You may or you may not, but there are many documented cases of FULL recovery. Zach Seif is living proof of that. Recovery cases are more common in threads on bluelight and the shroomery, i run into them all the time.

look man, the brain is complex and has many ways to repair itsself. over time hppd becomes your new reality and u learn to function in it. time is the best cure. dont give up hope, you think u have it bad but trust me theres ppl that have it way worse. the most important thing is to not give up hope, if u go thru life feeling bad for urself you will never be able to be happy. if u wanted u culd see a hypnotist or something. trust me it only gets better

In god or destiny?

ABOVE YOU SAY IT DOES NOT MATTER NOW. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE IF YOU BELIEVED IN GOD, DESTINY, KARMA OR WHATEVER BEFORE THIS HAPPENED TO VS. AFTER IT HAPPENED TO YOU. SAY FOR EXAMPLE, CHOOSE DESTINY. IF YOU BELIEVED IN DESTINY BEFORE YOU TOOK LSD AND GOT HPPD, YOU WOULD NOT HAVE KNOWN THAT ANYWAY. NO ONE KNOWS WHAT PROSPERITY OR TRIALS ARE GOING TO COME THEIR WAY REGARDLESS OF WHAT THEY BELIEVE IN. YOU COULD NOT KNOW THIS WOULD HAPPEN TO YOU AND THEREFORE COULD NOT PREVENT IT FROM HAPPENING.

Today I'm horrible. ;\

YOU WILL HAVE BETTER DAYS AS TIME GOES ON.

And someone said that those who get HPPD from their first acid trip have great chances of not recovering... is that possible? I regret so much having 2 blotters.

NO EVIDENCE OF THAT AT ALL SO CALM YOURSELF.

I just asked because something really weird happened that day. But nevermind.

What happened man? i do believe in god and signs and shit....definitely.

And don't worry, ive had HPPD for 7 months and many of my symptoms have cleared. I dont even have anxiety anymore. I got through college during the worst stage, hell, i ended up with straight A's, better than when I was smokin all day and shroomin every weekend. Have faith....The thought of starting college like this scared the shit out of me...but life comes at you man, and its gonna keep coming and you just have to deal with it because ive found that nobody, not even your friends, take pity on you. Thats life man. You can choose to stand still and live in fear, or you can accept it and try to move forward. Only when you stop dwelling on the WHAT IFs and accept it, only then will you get better. It's the first step, but it's also the most crucial one.

Boogres.

Just to add more from my own experience towards Boogres, I also believe in signs or even omens but have no power or knowledge of what is to come anyway.

I had to complete college with HPPD, my mother dying suddenly at an early age with no warning. I was in Engineering school (Chemical). I had no girlfriend and I also dealt with the sadness that my father and others had from the loss.

I did get through it all. Sure it is tougher than all things being just average but there is strength that we don't even know we had.

Straight A's that's good, I'm with faith let's see how I do. It's weird to be in a classroom like that. After some time I get afterimages of the people that looks like spirits. About what happened, a friend that's very connected to me in the sense that what happens to me happens to her too just found out she have a chronic illness that is very similar to HPPD, with visuals and stuff. =\

And wow Larry I'm really really sorry for you, you had to be very strong, hadn't you. I can't imagine what you felt. I think I wouldn't deal with it if I hadn't my mother's support. I almost lost her to an stroke, but after years of struggle she is fine. She's my inspiration, I realize my problem is nothing compared to what she had. But well. Did you complete Engineering School?

EDIT: oh shit that thing happened again tonight ='/

Straight A's that's good, I'm with faith let's see how I do. It's weird to be in a classroom like that. After some time I get afterimages of the people that looks like spirits. About what happened, a friend that's very connected to me in the sense that what happens to me happens to her too just found out she have a chronic illness that is very similar to HPPD, with visuals and stuff. =\

And wow Larry I'm really really sorry for you, you had to be very strong, hadn't you. I can't imagine what you felt. I think I wouldn't deal with it if I hadn't my mother's support. I almost lost her to an stroke, but after years of struggle she is fine. She's my inspiration, I realize my problem is nothing compared to what she had. But well. Did you complete Engineering School?

EDIT: oh shit that thing happened again tonight ='/

Never under estimate the value of support from those who care about you.

Yes it was very difficult for me.

Yes I completed the bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering in the normal amount of time. And I ended up with a cumulative index of 3.1/4.0 anyway.

Windscar

It seems like the issue that bothers you most is the possible cognition loss or detioration. I know the exact feeling. I also was at the top of my class(although not number 1 hehe) when I developed hppd through a single LSD use(2 blotter also). The first few months were the most horrific thing I've ever experienced and by far the thing that scared me most was that I could have damaged my reasoning skills, memory, and so on. I had incredibly unique timing for this, I had taken the SAT once before my LSD use and 3 times after my hppd. All three times after I actually scored higher:). It could have been for a million different reasons(i wasn't smoking after hppd) but I know this, there was not a distinct measurable difference in my case.

I see so many similarities to you in so many ways as do many others on here. I promise you that the terror that you feel now will subside. I can only relate to myself when I say these things but I know how similar our positions are. That being said you can be guranteed that your life will not be the same as it was. When I recogniZed that fact my life got so much better.

And you are not the only one who thinks there career plans are changing because of this. I did not have any aspirations to become a doctor, work jn medicine, or any

nueroscience before this but my major next year is listed as cognitive science and Ill have to decide if I want to go to med school or pursue further graduate education in nueroscience.

Hope this helped:)

Oh also i just looked at one of your older posts and saw an excellent response to your question about "brain fog" that I think should be highlighted.

While I don't pretend to have much of any knowledge of physioliogy or brain chemistry...I can talk from personal subjective experience and listening to other stories.

The anxiety And terror you are feeling have much more liekely of a chance to be contributing to your "brain fog" than any physical brain damage. For myself I felt the "brain fog" much leas severly than yourself but it subsided before my actual visuals began to fade. This leads me to believe( I stress again my lack of knowledge in this area) that "brain fog" is much more psychological in orign than actuall physical brain issues.

I still worry about hppd and espicially the cognitive side of it now, but as time moves on it becomes less and less a part of my life. My llfe has felt normal again for really the first time in a year and a half and i'm sure yours will too:) it takes time:)

Oh also i just looked at one of your older posts and saw an excellent response to your question about "brain fog" that I think should be highlighted.

While I don't pretend to have much of any knowledge of physioliogy or brain chemistry...I can talk from personal subjective experience and listening to other stories.

The anxiety And terror you are feeling have much more liekely of a chance to be contributing to your "brain fog" than any physical brain damage. For myself I felt the "brain fog" much leas severly than yourself but it subsided before my actual visuals began to fade. This leads me to believe( I stress again my lack of knowledge in this area) that "brain fog" is much more psychological in orign than actuall physical brain issues.

I still worry about hppd and espicially the cognitive side of it now, but as time moves on it becomes less and less a part of my life. My llfe has felt normal again for really the first time in a year and a half and i'm sure yours will too:) it takes time:)