CBD Strains of Marijuana

I think the idea that HPPDers need more dopamine is fairly debatable. The thing is, it does so much more!. For example, it is neurprotective, anti anxiety, and it relieves symptoms of Dystonia. Which might help some of the HPPDers with muscle twtiches and aches! I wouldn't be willing to try it if I didn't think there was a distinct possibility it could in some way help!

This is from my expirience and I don't want anyone to go out and do it either because each person is differen't. I am currently smoking weed, I have no idea on the ratios of cannabinoids or the strain. It's get what you are given from where I am really. I started off slowly, the first few times I felt very panicky and anxious but after a while those feelings dissapeared. It doesn't have any negatives towards my symptoms, it's very neutral for me, it doesn't make them better or worse, just helps me relax and sleep at night. I don't think THC has a very strong link between this condition, I'm not saying it is something that THC cannot cause it but it is a lot rarer compared to LSD, if THC was more common at causing it than LSD we would have A LOT of people running around with it.

The dopamine theory is also something that doesn't really make much sense to my self. I was taking Sinemet for a while to no affect. I have also been using amphetamines lately and there are no real increase in symptoms, very slight increase but I don't attritbute this to the amphetamine use, I think it is more related to the sleep deprivation, any increase in symptoms goes back to baseline anyway. MDMA and mushrooms on the other hand which act on serotonin to a greater extent were very similar to my symptoms, I have not touch them in a long time and do not plan too. I personally think this is a malfunction in the serotonin systems as apposed to the dopamine. But as I said each person is differen't, some things make people better, some worse, some nothing, it's a very personal and complicated condition!

Thanks for sharing the link confirming it does in fact contain CBD, Mikezero. I am very interested to see how this goes. At one point I was actually going to try and grow hemp but it was too risky, even though it is not illegal to grow where I am but you need a license, too much trouble if I'm not going to be growing crops and making a profit! Especially when I have no idea on how much CBD the plant may contain! But this also make me wonder how much CBD is actually in these products, it only says contains X amount of hemp oil, there could be only very small amounts of CBD in there.

Another thing to mention about THC and CBD is that there is a synergy between the two, headaches are common from hemp when smoked, I have also read that headaches can manifest from CBD, it might be wise to have the CBD with a bit of THC to minimize those side effects. Strains like harlequin are definitely a good starting point. I don't think CBD will be a "cure" and may not even be a extremely effective but I do think that it would be the equivalent of benzos but WITHOUT the side effects, which is an extremely valuable treatment to have. I've been quite obsessed with CBD over the past year and a half but being unable to grow my own medicine has pretty much stopped any chance of testing the theory.

Have you ordered any of those products yet? Do you need a medical cannabis card to get them?

• Upvote 1

Great stuff Balance! I'm glad you see things from my perspective. I too agree that there is possibly an invaluable benefit when THC and CBD's can be synergetically utilized. That being said, the Hemp Oil in the product is mostly CBD from what I understand. I think that in this case, CBD=Hemp Oil. I read that somewhere in the FAQ's, I think. I plan on ordering a small tincture within the next two days. I'll put some money in my account tomorrow, and then I usually have to wait a day.

Great stuff Balance! I'm glad you see things from my perspective. I too agree that there is possibly an invaluable benefit when THC and CBD's can be synergetically utilized. That being said, the Hemp Oil in the product is mostly CBD from what I understand. I think that in this case, CBD=Hemp Oil. I read that somewhere in the FAQ's, I think. I plan on ordering a small tincture within the next two days. I'll put some money in my account tomorrow, and then I usually have to wait a day.

Awesome man! Really looking foward to this! I'm also glad you got into this theory, I kind of got as far as I could with it and had to let it die being unable to try CBD strains. No one else seems to of had an intrest, good minds think alike man! haha.

• Upvote 1

Yea Rene,

Your CBD info is totally right. But what are the benefits of smoking your Co-Op-weed?

..And i don't want to be judgmental, but isn't it unsafe to smoke this stuff with Keppra?

[i used to smoke massive amounts for about 10 years so i have no place prejudging ..lol]

If just feels like a normal high, you know what I'm talking about...happy, focused, open minded ect ect ect. There really isn't any benefit of smoking besides the fact that it is just enjoyable, and it has no impact on my hppd, so why not? And I've never read anywhere that cannabis and keppra have any adverse reaction when mixed.

• Upvote 1

Yes, I definitely get "stoned" but I try to avoid getting really "high" because I have a tendency of just falling asleep after a certain point. Not quite sure why that happens, but I'm not too concerned because I was that way before hppd. But anyways, if you smoke a lot (about a gram or so) you'll get a pretty clear headed high.

haha exactly, I was pretty much a poly drug user from the get go. And no, I don't feel like pot does any damage in terms of developing properly. They're plenty of people out there who I know personally who started smoking at 13-14. They were honor students all throughout high school (they're all excelling in uni now), myself included. On the other hand, some peoples brains are more fragile than others, and those people may be more sensitive to cannabis causing them to experience emotional problems while under the influence or coming down...Those people most likely have family members with a mental illness or had emotional issues before they started using cannabis though. So I guess it's a case by case deal, everyone is wired differently.

I do get drug tested at work, at the end of every month actually. My manager always lets us know a couple days in advance so we have time to "prepare." I'm not a very big person lol 5'2 & 105lbs so it's pretty easy for me to pass a UA...if I drink cranberry extract and a gallon of water before the test.

And yea, I smoke cigarettes too, started when I was about 15. You know, I don't feel like I have a lot of room to talk when it comes to my opinion if recreational drug use outweighs the risks....but all there is to say is that it depends on what drugs you're referring to, and the personality type of the person who is ingesting said drug. There are just too many random variables to take into consideration.

Honestly, I can't give you an answer. If it were up to me I would smoke until the day I die, but I am almost positive I'll have to stop after I graduate and begin my career.

She lives in a legal state, I dont think its as big a deal as it is for us. Id smoke a few times a week if it was legal and I could get a CBD strain, honestly.

Yep, I can walk three blocks away from my house to a dispensary. They're open 7 day a week 11am-10pm. It's pretty great :lol:

I used to use those detox drinks or goldenseal and, yea, gallons of water and cranberry juice.

Good for the kidneys. ..One time i kinda "od'd" on goldenseal, i took too much when i was gonna take a test the next day:

Felt like was gonna die...lol

What's your "ailment" to get a dispensary card? migraine?

Those dextox drinks are way too expensive for me! What is goldenseal?? Never heard of it before. I showed the marijuana doc my keppra prescription and said I had a strange form of epilepsy...and bang, she gave me a card that's good for a year and charged me 150 bucks.

• Upvote 1