Electroconvulsive therapy

Has anybody with hppd ever tried electroconvulsive therapy????

after 16 years of hppd and i tried every drug, that only worked for a few days/weeks, i'm thinking serious about trying a

electroconvulsive therapy. i had read a ton about the effects of a ect.

for me that will be the last chapter in fighting hppd after beeing a drug test pilot for the last 16 years.

here' the very short wiki link for the people, who don't know about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electroconvulsive_therapy

Problem: in germany it is not common to get an ECT like in sweden.

i'm thinking about 5 years for a try....and i'm sure: you cannot damage more, than hppd did.

question: has anybody information about doctors, or hospitals in europe, that will practice ECT??

ECT is a questionable practice. It helps about 20 % of the people who do it but I am willing to bet that it harms 20% who do it. And, well, the rest it doesn't do too much. They gave it to Lou Reed because they didn't want him to turn out gay. A practice based on such rubbish, I cannot support.

There is a reason why ECT has gone out of style. Nevertheless, I do believe in extremely rare circumstances it may work. But this would be for someone extremely schizophrenic who has been living the disorder for 40 years. .....What are your symptoms that would make you want to go to such extremes?

I remember this topic coming up on the old board and someone said the technology has come on alot now and it is "fairly" safe.

Obviously, you'd want to research the hell out of this before doing it.

I was reading something: In December 1960, Ernest Hemingway went to the Mayo Clinic and received ECT (first time with such therapy). He was shocked approx. 15x in that month.

[edit] 4 months later, in April 1961, he received more treatment. On July 2nd 1961. he shot himself in the head and he died in Idaho.

I was reading something: In December 1960, Ernest Hemingway went to the Mayo Clinic and received ECT (first time with such therapy). He was shocked approx. 15x in that month.

4 months later, in April 1961, he shot himself in the head and he died in Idaho.

Never realized Idaho was such a dangerous place ... but it IS shaped like a handgun

T_IdahoPotato.jpg

question: has anybody information about doctors, or hospitals in europe, that will practice ECT??

"There is a significant risk of memory loss with ECT" - - Maybe it will help you forget that you have HPPD?!?

You can take a vacation to Sweden. Or you can try some home-made techiques...

david-blaine-electrified-e1349548655168.jpg

electrolytes.jpgblogelectrocution103.jpg

i tried every drug, that only worked for a few days/weeks

Which drugs worked for a few days? And what symptoms did they help? [Note: a combination may be in order]

Ok, hmmm i see it's a real difficult topic without interest in research.....and to many peolpe had seen stupid movies with people had been wired to car batteries (12 volts DC) and shaking around like a dildo. home made tech is not very useful for a serious treatment. I'm an engineer and i know a lot about electricity and its power. not everything is harmful that belongs to e-technology. never forget: your brain works with electricity......and when not - you are dead, maybe some people don't realize that. Cheers