Bit of an idea for possible CURE. Has some weight to it.

Fawkinchit

Dopamine receptor burnout was never mentioned im not sure where your getting that from? I was referring to synapse burnout, due to overabundance of electrical current flow that is allowed with superagonists

The eyes are just sensory receivers, they bring in electrical frequencies in which the brain interprets and literally builds a three dimensional view of whats coming in from the two eyes. The problem most definitely has to be in the brain, I highly doubt that it is cause by a chemical imbalance, as there are enough drugs that have been tried that would effect the imbalances to the point where it would be found what the imbalance would be.

na i didnt meant this thread i spoke about the previous threads where we discussed why sinemet seems to help. also the comt inhibitors affect dopamine i dont know maybe this is showing where the imbalance is found? or the dopamin is only helpful because of its affect on brain damage in general. but that wouldnt make sense since in dr a. study up to 50% or more were symptom free after taking the trail for a few hours.

Ive taken the calcium channel blockers and I want to say that I have seen SOME relief of anxiety but I would say that its to early to say. I hope that more of you will try this out and report back. My veins are definitely popping out though haha.

if i remember correctly you have to take them up to 6 month to see if they are the "cure" for your case.

edit: it should be stopped after 6 month and then only be taken again if you symptoms re-occur but it should take a while to help

na i didnt meant this thread i spoke about the previous threads where we discussed why sinemet seems to help. also the comt inhibitors affect dopamine i dont know maybe this is showing where the imbalance is found? or the dopamin is only helpful because of its affect on brain damage in general. but that wouldnt make sense since in dr a. study up to 50% or more were symptom free after taking the trail for a few hours.

I see, I still am skeptical of an imbalance chemically, if there is thought, then whats causing it? I still feel that in some way or another these neurons are out of balance and overexcited. We need to track down the effects of 5ht2a receptors, and glutamate receptors and see what they are effecting and how, etc, we need to get our hands on some inverse agonists for the 5ht2a receptors as well, or even for glutamate receptors. These are both potentials. And we need to look farther in to gene expression etc.

We also need to try and get more people involved, we have some pretty smart people with this condition, we all just need to work together and focus together, once we all do that we will be unstoppable, but everyone needs to help and participate, itll be 1000x better than if we all do it on our own.

I've actually heard somebody use the push-pull thing; but I'm not totally convinced. I can relate push-pull to anything. .....You have some interesting ends......but this post has become a little absurd.

There are tons of people who have chemical imbalances and can still think.

I kinda like you but I get the feeling you are on 5 Red Bulls, 1/6th of cocaine, and Adderall. Actually that would be really bad. I not very judgmental; I'm having a hard time digesting the material as well as sorting out the innovative from the incorrect.

Let me try to digest it. I'll get back at ya.

I don't mean to criticize. I'm just having a hard time understanding it myself. .........Let's try to understand one thing at a time (and this may not be totally related to Ca channel or 5-HT2 receptors): do receptor usually come and go, die off and regenerate, wash away and regrow?

......Generally, I don't think so but this is just based on what I know. Find me some evidence.

I don't mean to criticize. I'm just having a hard time understanding it myself. .........Let's try to understand one thing at a time (and this may not be totally related to Ca channel or 5-HT2 receptors): do receptor usually come and go, die off and regenerate, wash away and regrow?

......Generally, I don't think so but this is just based on what I know. Find me some evidence.

hmm i think receptors can die down look at parkinson. they can also burn out. i dont know if they are able to regenerate but maybe they are only more sensetive than before so it could be possible to get back the old working standard.

neurons cant regrow you have the same number since you are born

• Upvote 9

Now that i have learned that.........if these receptors do regenerate, how long does it take??

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Possible Neurobiological Causes of HPPD:

1. Neurochemical Imbalance (transmitter depletion, etc)

2. Channel Abnormality (Ca, K+, etc)

3. Receptor Recycling or Density Aberration

4. Gene Expression/Damage/Mutation

Now that i have learned that.........if these receptors do regenerate, how long does it take??

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Receptor Recycling Aberration

4. ? ? ? ? ? ?

4. Gene expression which could be caused by several things first like mentioned in this thread because of calcium channel "dysfunction" on second due to LSD on its own:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12654518

It seems to me based on the evidence of trials and studies that genetic mutation/etc. is a non-issue. Also the inverse agonists seem to be ineffective, unless there is some loophole in there.

So I'm back to this:

3. Receptor Recycling Aberration

qaiphix>> I really hope you are here for the long run, i do not understand all of it but you seem to be very driven and possess a lot of knowledge about neurology.

About sleeping pills, when i was admitted to the hospital before getting my meds, when i got my zopiclone/zolpidem (ambien etc) all of my symptoms vanished in 15 minutes and i forced myself to stay awake just to be free from HPPD for a while. I talked about this at the time but no one really looked in to it.

It seems to me based on the evidence of trials and studies that genetic mutation/etc. is a non-issue. Also the inverse agonists seem to be ineffective, unless there is some loophole in there. ***And to add, that the turnover time for the recycling, and the regeneration (this in the golgi) of 5-HT2a is too quick to cause persistent symptoms, when met with its ligand 2.5 hrs. So I'm going to actually take away that cause.

So I'm back to this:

3. Receptor Aberration (density, etc.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~And in doing so, I am going to bring up other causes proposed in the past (by doctors etc):

a. Actions involving Raphe neurons

b. (probably not but....) Pigmented Nuclei <-----the depletion of these right here my friends is the main cause of Parkinson's.)

It seems to me based on the evidence of trials and studies that genetic mutation/etc. is a non-issue. Also the inverse agonists seem to be ineffective, unless there is some loophole in there.

Please provide the evidence of claims, I have seen absolutely no usage of inverse 5HT2A agonists for the treatment of hppd. Nor have I seen that gene mutation is negligible.

Why else would you abandon a studies 3-5 years ago: never passing beyond Phase II trials. Of course, I believe this is based on the efficacy of a separate treatment, mainly being insomnia. I'll find it for you, but i read some gene studies and results seemed negligible. Plus, you must pick the flavor of the month: being the Xdrug-induced HPPD. HPPD attributed to certain drugs may carry certain consistencies to only their respective causal-drug.

So I'm back to this:

3. Receptor Aberration (density, etc.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~And in doing so, I am going to bring up other causes proposed in the past (by doctors etc):

a. Actions involving Raphe neurons

b. (probably not but....) Pigmented Nuclei <-----the depletion of these right here my friends is the main cause of Parkinson's.)

c. (***I'm adding) Steroids, Hormones, and Peptides

il start researching. Also after countless ocd and fear of earing threads noone suggested lay off the cheese? Iv been eating like 1/2 a kilo a day of that shit. No wonder I cant see jack shit. Im gunna cut out cheese for a week. Guarantee il improve no wonder I used to feel anxious after eating pizza and stuff...all that cheese

lol.....hahahhahahahahahhaha..........wait qaiphyx, i got some drugs for you to check out tell me what you think of these drugs, ptsd drugs: Minipress and propranolol. And also~ Nootropics (don't know much about them).

***I just looked it up----wow thats a lot of them lol------i'm on like 10 of them if you count nicotine lol