Bit of an idea for possible CURE. Has some weight to it.

Fawkinchit

Surv Ophthalmol
Surv Ophthalmol 2015 January - February;60(1):1-35. Epub 2014 Jul 2.
Department of Ophthalmology, Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX, USA; Department of Neurology, Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX, USA; Departments of Ophthalmology, Neurology, and Neurosurgery, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY, USA; Department of Ophthalmology, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX, USA; Department of Ophthalmology, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Houston, TX, USA; Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA; Department of Ophthalmology, The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA, USA; The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA. Electronic address: AGLee@houstonmethodist.org.
  • Palinopsia, the persistence or recurrence of visual images after the stimulus has been removed, is a nonspecific term that describes multiple types of visual symptoms with a wide variety of etiologies. For example, palinopsia may be the presenting symptom of a potentially life-threatening posterior cortical lesion, yet it may also be a benign medication side effect. We comprehensively review all published cases and subdivide palinopsia into two clinically relevant categories: illusory palinopsia and hallucinatory palinopsia. Read More        http://www.pubfacts.com/detail/25113609/Palinopsia-revamped:-A-systematic-review-of-the-literature.

(educational free use)

The hallucinogen-induced persistent perception disorder (hppd) is a disturbing complication resulting from the use of hallucinogens. We report on a case-study in which an artist suffering from visual, auditory and olfactory hallucinations also experienced chromatic-phonemic synesthesias that had persisted for two years after he had stopped using lysergic acid diethylamide (lsd). The case described demonstrates that individuals suffering from hppd can also experience synesthesias that may in fact differ phenomenologically from 'coloured hearing', which is a symptom known to occur in the context of substance abuse. Read More

(Fair use for Educational purposes)

The hallucinogen-induced persistent perception disorder (hppd) is a disturbing complication resulting from the use of hallucinogens. We report on a case-study in which an artist suffering from visual, auditory and olfactory hallucinations also experienced chromatic-phonemic synesthesias that had persisted for two years after he had stopped using lysergic acid diethylamide (lsd). The case described demonstrates that individuals suffering from hppd can also experience synesthesias that may in fact differ phenomenologically from 'coloured hearing', which is a symptom known to occur in the context of substance abuse. Read More

(Fair use - educational)

The interesting thing i see is that professionals tend not to believe things until they are truly "proven" scientifically through tests, trials and studies.

But it takes 5-10 years before it is proven something that was known or educatedly guessed. For instance, you have people who have persistent perceptual disorders and psychotic symptoms because of research chemicals, "legal highs", hormone therapies, drugs with huge half lives, etc; these people know that these drugs can cause these symptoms and disorders but professionals lots of times are not convinced until it is proven scientifically through studies. When in reality, all it takes is the feedback from the sufferer: such as: " listen man, trust me, these things cause negative lasting effect... I know because I am going through it right now and everyday and almost every hour, minute, second of the day.". Its like not believing the world is round unless we have satellite photos or something.

And that sometimes psychosis is a reaction to perceptual distortions and sensory loss and sometimes sensory overstimulation. Psychosis can be the effect of perceptual distortion. That your own distorted perceptions start shaping your thought. All we really know are our perceptions. And using that input we shape our reality. And that obviously influences how we think.
Thought may exist without sensory input but how does that compare to thought that is considered normal from people with their full facilties of normal sensory perception? If helen Keller had no sense of touch, would she go absolutely crazy?

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The interesting thing i see is that professionals tend not to believe things until they are truly "proven" scientifically through tests, trials and studies.

But it takes 5-10 years before it is proven something that was known or educatedly guessed. For instance, you have people who have persistent perceptual disorders and psychotic symptoms because of research chemicals, "legal highs", hormone therapies, drugs with huge half lives, etc; these people know that these drugs can cause these symptoms and disorders but professionals lots of times are not convinced until it is proven scientifically through studies. When in reality, all it takes is the feedback from the sufferer: such as: " listen man, trust me, these things cause negative lasting effect... I know because I am going through it right now and everyday and almost every hour, minute, second of the day.". Its like not believing the world is round unless we have satellite photos or something.

Sup mg! how have you been man?? Yup.. gotta love the science community right.

i am taking anti-pygotics for 3.5 years it didnt make my hppd wors it helpt me dont go insane bad i feel still insane bad if try to quit buth sports let me feel very good afther 3 months now its month 9 and i keep feel better dp dr seems to reduced strong buth perphaps iam adicted to klonopin after i use it for 6 months i quited for 1 month and start to feel dizzy now i take every 5 days .25 mg if not i feel to bad it sucks realy klonopin is bad for your brain i have devolopted concentration and memomry problem

i am taking anti-pygotics for 3.5 years it didnt make my hppd wors it helpt me dont go insane bad i feel still insane bad if try to quit buth sports let me feel very good afther 3 months now its month 9 and i keep feel better dp dr seems to reduced strong buth perphaps iam adicted to klonopin after i use it for 6 months i quited for 1 month and start to feel dizzy now i take every 5 days .25 mg if not i feel to bad it sucks realy klonopin is bad for your brain i have devolopted concentration and memomry problem

Yah, any time you change certain aspects of your brain there will be other effects, I guess honestly you have to take what you can get, its not a win win situation at all, and medical science has nothing to offer. They just want your money. 

The Neurosensory & Neuroregenerative Research Foundation has composed an advocacy and outreach letter to members of key Congressional Committees with the request in the allocation of funding for HPPD. Understand that any action that leads to research begins with the patient, their family and friends. Please be proactive and get as many letters sent as humanly possible. A cure can one day be found and you are the key.
Click the link below:

http://www.neurogroup.org/HPPD_ADVOCACY_%26_OUTREACH.html

• 2 months later...

The doctorofmind channel on YT is currently defunct.  It is videos made By Dr. Mark Viner.  This has really made me quite upset.  And i want them back on YT ASAP.  GDI !!!!!!  There are 3 or 4 videos i really would like to have.  What a fkn shame!!!!!  uggggghhhhh.