Bit of an idea for possible CURE. Has some weight to it.

Fawkinchit

Looky looky what I found today...

Telomerase

"At Harvard, they bred genetically manipulated mice that lacked an enzyme called telomerase that stops telomeres getting shorter. Without the enzyme, the mice aged prematurely and suffered ailments, including a poor sense of smell, smaller brain size, infertility and damaged intestines and spleens. But when DePinho gave the mice injections to reactivate the enzyme, it repaired the damaged tissues and reversed the signs of ageing.

"These were severely aged animals, but after a month of treatment they showed a substantial restoration, including the growth of new neurons in their brains," said DePinho."

http://www.rexresearch.com/depinho/depinho.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telomerase

I wonder if the the neuronal growth was just due to corrected deficiencies in the mice or if telomerase might actually stimulate neuronal growth.

• 2 weeks later...

Could a few of you work on a form letter explaining what's going on so I can disburse it in a wide scale and find a dedicated team to take over where Dr. Abraham will be leaving off?

I've had an extreme revelation!  

When I was 14, some friends brought in a plant that i had been researching.  The plant was Jimson Weed.  I took somewhere between 0.5-1.0 pods, eating only the seeds.  My friend took like 3 pods and needed to have his stomach pumped.  

But for me i had a weird sense of wellbeing that was at the end of the experience also accompanied by much sensitivity to light.   

I have always had sensitive eyes.  But after this experience, my eyes were kind of "reset".   

So I don't know if taking this plant full of several different chemicals is advisable at all (also considering it includes poisons).  In fact DO NOT take this drug or eat this plant.  But that being said i think that perhaps maybe for HPPD (not in their early stages but for lingering effects years later),  that there may be some validity to taking this plant as a means of "fixing" things.  It obviously needs to be tested first.  Like i said i took 1/2 to 1 pod.  So idk just a thought that hit me hard, as i have researched the plant on and off for 20 years.  

-MG, I've tried chewing a leaf of these ones as they contain more of the substance that'll make you trip. Did spit it out after a few seconds though. I got slightly trippy feelings, mood enhancement and more vivid colours. But nothing more then that. However, what I've heard and read about Jimson Weed (Datura) is that It's one of the strongest most bad tripped related hallucinogen out there and it's extremly hard to dosage.

If anyones believe in the reverse effect then go ahead try it. The thought has struck me that a limited of a hallucinogenic intake, for example small doses of psilocybin daily could be the proper medicin for us. As our brains are missing out what the hallucinogenic gave us. When my pupilled were heavily dilated from an eye exam, I had no floaters, less after-images etc from the anticholinergics. Noone will dare to try it I guess but I've heard that if you trip with HPPD you basicly lose all visuals and DP/DR and later on they comes back, worsened or not.

Makes sense, Shadow.

I had a really bad reaction when i took extra-low dose magic mushrooms right before i went to sleep.  I kind of lulled me to sleep.  But I literally woke up a different person, and not a better one at that. LOL.

I think maybe that is what i feel would happen with the Datura.  Except i was thinking on a far-out hunch that the feeling and the "correction" would be longer lasting and the negative effects would be less afterwards.

I would say that the seeds would be the part of the plant that I'd be more interested in, Shadow.

I advise almost everyone to stay sober and not ever even think of using hallucinogens, hypnotics or any drug other than that prescribed by a knowledgable professional.   I even heard stories about DMT shamans and so forth, and i tend to tell people not to go ahead and try that experiment (not that i don't think it wouldn't help for some people with certain problems, but it is totally uncontrolled and who would want the responsibility of being the cause of someone's suffering ?  ..ugghhh not me). 

In this case with the Datura, the chemicals include a few chemicals used by eye doctors.  You know the stuff where you walk out of the office feeling like Ray Charles, can't see 3ft in front of you?   That stuff.  

Datura certainly isn't a plant of classical hallucinogens at all.  In fact, I am not sure you can really consider any of its chemicals hallucinogens, even though they can have those properties potentially i suppose.  

Just a thought. 

I have written a bunch on "Devil's Trumpet" (refering to a somewhat related plant of the nightshade family that grows in SA)  as it is used for terrible purposes in South America for muggings and taking advantage of women. 

But this plant may be slightly different. 

http://www.jcimjournal.com/jim/FullText2.aspx?articleID=jintegrmed2013016

My guess is that the stories you've heard that are so scary involved people who took large amounts of the plant.  

The plant has poisons in it.  Let's face it.  It will probably give you a stomach ache and make you very photophobic at some point.  I will also make you incredibly thirsty.  

I DO NOT ADVISE anyone to take it!!!! 

But I haven't been on here too much, and last night had a revelatory idea that there may be some truth (or untruth possibly) to a positive effect of one or a combination of the chemicals found in the plant of relieving the suffering of HPPD patients, only in cases where the onset of HPPD was years and years ago (meaning 5+ years or something).  

The cell adhesion molecule ​Neuroligin2 (​NL2) is localized selectively at GABAergic synapses, where it interacts with the scaffolding protein ​gephyrin in the post-synaptic density. However, the role of this interaction for formation and plasticity of GABAergic synapses is unclear. Here, we demonstrate that endogenous ​NL2 undergoes proline-directed phosphorylation at its unique S714-P consensus site, leading to the recruitment of the peptidyl-prolyl cis–trans isomerase ​Pin1. This signalling cascade negatively regulates ​NL2’s ability to interact with ​gephyrin at GABAergic post-synaptic sites. As a consequence, enhanced accumulation of ​NL2, ​gephyrin and GABAA receptors was detected at GABAergic synapses in the hippocampus of ​Pin1-knockout mice (​Pin1−/−) associated with an increase in amplitude of spontaneous GABAA-mediated post-synaptic currents. Our results suggest that ​Pin1-dependent signalling represents a mechanism to modulate GABAergic transmission by regulating ​NL2/​gephyrin interaction.

• 2 weeks later...

I have kind of a sad look of things.  Not because i am depressed but because of the state of things in general.  People have relationships of all kind.  Lots of times there is poor communication.  People don't articulate well sometimes.  Sometimes people don't give people a chance.  Then i think that:  why do relationships fail?  ....[friendship, romantic, family, community, etc]

Some people have a sense of entitlement and some people are entitled.   On this earth a short time, and we are restricted, constricted, muted, judged, and just plain superficial.

It's a hard thing to open your heart and embrace love.  And it seems to me that this divide between emotions and ideation is what is ossifying a stigma of mental illness worldwide.

Why these connections dissipate or become deferred when we are here for such a short period.

What happens to that dream deferred?

Why does love turn grey?

The dreams of being a happy man are within our grasp.

It's just how we fit in makes us who we are.

It's a shame such sadness exists. 

And there is no reason for it.

And the people that you love will still be there when you need them.  

"All alone, or in twos,

The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists 
Make their stand.
And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad bugger's wall."

We are divided up in clans but we should be one big clan.

It just makes me sad.

Good words over there. Maybe it has something to do with a depression.. Maybe not. Well, noone said that mankind is good, honest or even pure. Those who did were lying. "The fittest will survive"-mentality will always be there as the ego carries us on in life.

Every man or woman is most likely doing things for themself to feel better or to gain something. Empathy always goes in second hand. That's basic knowledge.

Others work for a better world, to gain a value both for themselves but also for others which will decrease the gap between evil and good easy spoken.

I don't think that there's a straight line between good or bad but hell even the bible mentions that satan is ruling the world and god is just here to prevent a living hell on earth. It's a pretty redicolous comparisment coming from an atheist but you get my point.

If the world gets a little better each year, noone will have HPPD in a few hundred years and that's a fact and it has nothing to do with a cure but about responsability and a healthy mind and living.

So I think that's worth fighting for. Also whenever I feel down and have doubtful thoughts about the past I read about fatalism. You should check it out, criticize me or not but I actually believe in it and there is nothing within science that can prove me wrong. We got no free will guys. You didn't choose this life. You didn't choose this disorder. It picked you through the consequence of a consequence's sequence times infinity. What happends next isn't up to you either, but try to end up in a better enviroment this time.

WOW!  That's even turned more depressing than me.  But it makes sense.  

I think we are gonna breed 'til the worst traits come out.    (thru evolution)

We breed to refine "douchebagery" it seems.   LOL  

So far as a race, the humans are doing a good job.  Good job humans.

• 2 weeks later...
2014Sep 2014
Leg Med (Tokyo)
Leg Med (Tokyo) 2014 Sep 11. Epub 2014 Sep 11.
Dipartimento di Chimica e Farmacia, Università degli Studi di Sassari, Via Muroni 23/a, 07100 Sassari, Italy. Electronic address: pirisi@uniss.it.

Blotters are usually impregnated with hallucinogens such as lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD); only rarely other psychoactive substances are detected. In this work we identified 4-bromo-2,5-dimethoxyamphetamine (DOB) and 2,5-dimethoxyamphetamine (DMA) in illicit blotters seized in Italy. This report describes a rapid method for the simultaneous identification and quantitation of DOB and its precursor (DMA) by liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS-MS), using 2,3-dimethoxyphenethylamine-d3 as internal standard. Read More

Psychopharmacology (Berl.)
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 2014 Sep 17. Epub 2014 Sep 17.
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Mail Slot 638, 4301 West Markham Street, Little Rock, AR, 72205, USA, wefantegrossi@uams.edu.

2-([2-(4-cyano-2,5-dimethoxyphenyl)ethylamino]methyl)phenol (25CN-NBOH) is structurally similar to N-benzyl substituted phenethylamine hallucinogens currently emerging as drugs of abuse. 25CN-NBOH exhibits dramatic selectivity for 5-HT2A receptors in vitro, but has not been behaviorally characterized.
25CN-NBOH was compared to the traditional phenethylamine hallucinogen R(-)-2,5-dimethoxy-4-iodoamphetamine (DOI) using mouse models of drug-elicited head twitch behavior and drug discrimination. Read More

(Fair use for educational purposes)