Poll about head pressure, please answer.

joe

Who had head pressure upon onset of HPPD?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who had head pressure upon onset on HPPD or still do?

• Had head pressure
    • Didn't have head pressure and still got HPPD
    • Still has head pressure

Most people mention head pressure with the onset on HPPD. I was wondering if anyone didn't have head pressure when they first got HPPD. Everybody please take a second to click an answer for this. If you've got more to add post it as a comment.

I remember when I was young I used to get head pressure too, it'd come and go, but it made me feel foggy, and I always thought that it was some form of ADD. It went away around freshman year of college, coincidentally enough, after my second trip on mushrooms--or third idk. I was at that "its all in your head" stage, and it got me to love shrooms even more. Upon HPPD onset, i felt the pressure, never had racing thoughts onless a panic attack was coming on, but it's been going away, even though i still smoke weed on occasion. My ears used to pop ALL the time too, and now that seems to be going away as well.

• 4 weeks later...

had bad head pressure from 2007-mid 2008. Got on klon. Went away completely (amazing).

As reported in my recent thread in general discussions, I unknowingly took a hit of M last weekend (trust me...I really didn't know) and now my head pressure (which manifests with dizziness and feeling out of it) is back big time. I don't know whether it will subside or not. It's not as bad as it was the first time I contracted HPPD, but today (4th day), it is getting increasingly horrible. Anybody have experience with it subsiding relatively quickly without medication (I'm still on 3.5 of klon but I don't want to bring that into the equation, i.e. increase my dose)?

My headpressure started the day hppd entered my life...

Rolling, my headpressure goes away after I exercise for a while and then take a hot shower. It always comes back a few hrs later, but as long as I combat it by being productive and not being consumed by my problems I can beat most hppd symptoms.

Just keep yourself busy for the next few weeks and don't worry about any hppd boards...You'll be back to your normal before you know it.

I have seriously seen so many post's of ppl taking acid after hppd and feeling better shortly after.

cool '98, again, the fact that you've seen this pattern before is lifting my spirits. Still have a question though - although the people who tripped with hppd has a reversal of additional "temporary" symptoms, were any of them had pressure/muscle tightness? I feel like the visual aspects have a tendency to subside, but the way my hppd recovery went over the 4 years was the immediate cessation of the head pressure/tightness phenomenon, which then allowed a gradual, but significant decrease of everything else. Everyone's HPPD is a little different of course so I'd say mine emanated from everythign that was going on with my head, shoulders, face and upper back. Once that was removed, it was a sign that the anxiety loop had been cut (btw, I never actually experienced any anxiety, just the effects normally associated with it).

So, when you say the other people came back to baseline, were they also suffering form an acute rise in this head pressure phenomenon? I know I'm really bugging you about it, and I am trying to take all your advice to heart - I'm heading to the gym now, although it's gonna be hard to focus on lifting with all this tension in my traps.

Also, you mentioned that you still get head pressure. The 4 and now 3.5 on klon didn't remove it (as it did for me upon starting treatment)?

''Also, you mentioned that you still get head pressure. The 4 and now 3.5 on klon didn't remove it (as it did for me upon starting treatment)?''

Klonopin removed my headpressure for the most part the first 5 yrs. But it's coming back because of becoming tolerant to klonopin, which I believe is what's happening to you as well????

I hope I'm answering your question correct, I cut another .25mg today so I'm down to 3.25mg of klonopin and I'm honestly hella confused reading or doing anything for that matter because of the horrific w/d's I'm experiencing.

I wish you could read the old post's lucid and so many other's had so much great advice that I can't relate to.

My heads pounding and I even took a soma to relaxangry.gif

I hope we both feel better soon bro this is rough!!!!!!!

Also at the gym if you're getting a lot of tension in your neck and back stay away from free weights a while and just do cardio or the training circuits/Later...I'll get your # to hit you up soon and tell you all I can remember but I'm a mess do to klono as of now.

Also after rereading your post their headpressure and the whole circle of hppd symptoms went up for a few week's after mdma, coke and lsd ingestion. I truly believe you'll start feeling better after reading these boards for ten yrs.

Consider yourself lucky not suffering true panic anxiety disorder like me and some others.

I'd trade place w/ you today if that makes you feel any better!!

''Also, you mentioned that you still get head pressure. The 4 and now 3.5 on klon didn't remove it (as it did for me upon starting treatment)?''

Klonopin removed my headpressure for the most part the first 5 yrs. But it's coming back because of becoming tolerant to klonopin, which I believe is what's happening to you as well????

I hope I'm answering your question correct, I cut another .25mg today so I'm down to 3.25mg of klonopin and I'm honestly hella confused reading or doing anything for that matter because of the horrific w/d's I'm experiencing.

I wish you could read the old post's lucid and so many other's had so much great advice that I can't relate to.

My heads pounding and I even took a soma to relaxangry.gif

I hope we both feel better soon bro this is rough!!!!!!!

Also at the gym if you're getting a lot of tension in your neck and back stay away from free weights a while and just do cardio or the training circuits/Later...I'll get your # to hit you up soon and tell you all I can remember but I'm a mess do to klono as of now.

Also after rereading your post their headpressure and the whole circle of hppd symptoms went up for a few week's after mdma, coke and lsd ingestion. I truly believe you'll start feeling better after reading these boards for ten yrs.

Consider yourself lucky not suffering true panic anxiety disorder like me and some others.

I'd trade place w/ you today if that makes you feel any better!!

Hey man, so your advice about the gym really helped. It's only been about 16 hours, but ever since my workout, I've felt 80% better. It totally removed the head pressure and muscle tension on my back. I did a bicep/chest workout which I think drew the tension away from my back, pumping all the blood to the aforementioned. I'll keep you updated on how I feel throughout the day. The positive thing is that my symptoms seem to be really intense only when I'm sitting at a desk at work and doing some reading/writing on my laptop. Sitting down seems to aggravate it, although at the moment I feel ok. I'm not counting my chickens yet though.

Good on you for continuing with your withdrawal. We are totally in this together so PM me and I'll send you my contact info. What do you think the prognosis is for recovery IF when we titrate, we are just returning to the condition that caused us to want to be on klon initiatially? Do you think we might be "over" HPPD, but we need to re-experience some of the bad stuff on the way back down off of klon?

I do remember a lot of Lucid's posts. Been trying to find them, but a) hard to find old board stuff, B) I've been trying to ignore the boards except for what you've been giving me.

Anyway, be strong and we'll get though this. Also thanks for your support,

RR

50% of benzo users don't even experience wd's. Also Out of 100's of ppl Dr. Ashton has seen, she says that most long term benzo users return to normal 6 month to a yr. after benzo's are discontinued. She says a few ppl still have problems but they even get better in most part in time. I believe it's a 15% chance of having proactive withdrawal syndrome after using benzo's for over 15yrs so we'd most likely be in the clear there.

Having hppd I know in my case my symptoms spike up even harder then ever during w'd's. But once I'm off I'm so used to hppd I believe I'll learn how to live w/ it. I have a healthy lifestyle so I don't see why not.

I think you'll be better off then me cause I suffered from panic anxiety pre-hppd and you didn't.

(sorry to say we'll never be over hppd it's just how you handle it, and going to the gym like you did yesterday landed me a hot wife ect.. and life went on) I don't have pm set up I will /later

''What do you think the prognosis is for recovery IF when we titrate, we are just returning to the condition that caused us to want to be on klon initiatially? Do you think we might be "over" HPPD, but we need to re-experience some of the bad stuff on the way back down off of klon?''