Drinking Tonight

I haven't used any substances since getting HPPD more than three months ago. I have decided that I will mainain that for the rest of my life with the exception of alcohol. I was planning on waiting atleast another month to drink but it looks like it might be tonight instead. My symptoms have been decreasing gradually for a while and i really hope this doesn't send me back. Im gonna take it easy and wont drink to much, I'll let you guys no how it goes.

How has alcohol effected others? I know that some say it effected them drastically but it seems that those cases occured only when they were drinking a lot regularly.

i am clubbing every week but only drink 3-5 beers mostly punched with coke.

no increase in visuals.

was partying yesterday came back at 5 am slightly increased visuals but after sleeping till 3 pm they are back to baseline.

today i will go out again.

but i would not drink too much, i always go by car so i cant drink more than a few beers.

here in germany this is legal^^

I was a heavy binge drinker well alcoholic before this i found while i was drinking my hppd would be non existent except for thevisual snow when i was in a dark room. The hangovers were hell! way worse then i remember, visual symptoms would increase a lot and i found i wasnt right for days after.

I would always recover but i found my visual symptoms increased on a subtle level permanetley until they were where they are now i.e i now have starbursts and ghosting where i did not when it started.

I was drinking for roughly 9 out of the 11months ive had hppd before i decided to ditch the habit i used to love. my visual symptoms have not gotten worse since i stopped drinking.

Be careful dude, if you notice slight changes in symptoms, STOP! Everyone is different though

Good to know. I wont be drinking more than twice a month and won't be drinking very much when I do even if It doesn't seem to effect my symptoms at all. I am fully expecting to have a night of weird sleep but if my visuals or anything else get worse i might quit drinking unti I feel completely healed.

If you stick to bottled beer... You should be fine.

The next day will be tough (unless you have a benzo) but within a couple of days, you will be back to baseline.

i'm exactly the same as you...i have now sworn of all substances except alcohol for the rest of my life. It's my birthday in a few weeks and i'm going to have a few beer's then

just make sure not to go over the top...alcohol and stress definitely made my symptoms worse.

I didn't drink very much just one beer and 3-4 mikes hard lemonades, I don't have a very high tolerance anyways.. It really hasn't seemed to effect me at all. At first My anxiety went up because neuronenes post scared the shit out of me, but once i started to feel buzzed it was awesome to have a break from the anxiety. I was hoping that It wouldn't effect my visuals but was certain that it was gonna fuck up my sleep pretty bad for the night. Not only did I notice no definite change in visuals (snow was a little worse then usual when I first woke up) but the only sleep disturbance I had was waking up once extremely afraid of something but I calmed down and was back to sleep within 10 minutes, that is by no means a bad night of sleep for me.

I'm pretty confident that i will be able to do this again, but I'm going to hold off for at least a couple of weeks.

If you stick to bottled beer... You should be fine.

The next day will be tough (unless you have a benzo) but within a couple of days, you will be back to baseline.

Why bottled beer? Is malt liquor ok? I pretty much always have hard liquor when I drink. I think I'm a bit younger than you guys so I haven't really acquired a taste for beer yet. This means I can barely get 2 beers down before puking haha. There's a lot of moonshine in my area so I guess I should stay away from that? I'm trying to stay sober right now but I'm just wondering for later reference

I love beer, wine and whiskey. But drink really makes me emotionally unstable (when i get really drunk of course) and the next day the DR-DP goes to the roof. Like Jay says, unless you have klonopin....

Daam cs u gotta have a throat of steal to drink that shit. Think my family in carolina drink it.

Surely aslong as the alcohol isnt full of chemicals like all these girly vodka juices it shouldnt effect u too bad provided u dont over do it? But thats me speaking throufh logic not experience

alcohol and benzos have most definitely increased my brain fog, anxiety, and depersonalization related symptoms after long term use. you may be fine initially, but after a while you may find yourself in a bad spot. dabble wisely.

• Upvote 1

alcohol and benzos have most definitely increased my brain fog, anxiety, and depersonalization related symptoms after long term use. you may be fine initially, but after a while you may find yourself in a bad spot. dabble wisely.

Alcohol abuse or a few drinks on occasion (or somewhere in between)?

I dunno where this dude made it. Was my mates brother. I fancy making some in the woods at my mates. Not for the booze im sober now, just the experience. I have family in carolina and kentucky so I think the redneck gene has crossed over.

it sounds pretty sweet dude, y'know sneakin around in the woods in the middle of the night and goin on missions and shit. I don't know how socially acceptable drugs are over in the uk but nobody really gives a sh!t about anything out in redneck land over here. I go to school in this small country town ~20 miles outside of the city and this one time my buddy got caught with 3 oz of weed but he just told the cops he found it in the woods (which he did) and they dropped the charges. Like honestly your just driving through the country roads and you cant tell the difference between a weed crop and a skunk lol. actually thats an exaggeration but u get the point :P. Well enough talk about moonshine haha this is an hppd support forum.

As for drinking, I havn't done it nearly enough (maybe 10 times in the last 4 months) to actually make noticable changes in the visuals, but like everybody else says it's easy to forget about hppd when your buzzed. I don't really get hungover either. maybe cuz I'm young or it might just be my superpower. so maybe that's why it doesn't affect my visuals. haha it was great i drank like twice as much as my friends one night (i think i had like 17 ounces of rum) and in the morning they had the worst hangover of their lives while I was still buzzed when i woke up. Anyways I'm not gonna push it anymore with hppd so I'm not gonna drink for a while because something that hurts your brain probably won't make it recover faster.