worst symptom thus far

2muchmandy

This ones worrying me. Does anyone else get semi hallucinations. Kinda like the grusome faces etc that can happen when ur tryna sleep but when ur awake like this is haaard to explan. Its not a full on hallucination but a thought u can kinda see sorta pops up.

• Upvote 1

Yeah I see lots of random shit in my head while going to sleep. Luckily mine isn't gruesome like a lot of other peoples seems to be. I don't usually get faces but I did get the face of an angry woman yelling me the other night. At first I couldn't find other people who had it so i thought i was schitzo, now that it seems that it is relatively normal I feel alot better, its actually kind of cool. Sometimes I get completly bizarre "dreams" when I'm still half awake and sometimes the "dreams" relate to something I did that day. Like i'll be playing play COD in my head while trying to fall asleep if I played it that day. the other day I would half fall asleep but then would be fully awakened when I would lunge for a tennis ball that i was "dreaming" was being hit towards me.

Yeah i snorted a few vicodins and got that while tryin to pass out...im not seeing it, but at the same time I am, it's so hard to describe...sometimes it's random others scary...i remember one was an old black blues type guy in a red and white striped suit, another was what looked like a hot woman from behind and then she turned around and she was a bum lookin dude hahaha...bugged me out

The very first days im also see that kind of things. Im pretty sure the ssri was guilty for that. I remember see evil faces when im going to sleep and other very strange patterns or images, like "see the thoughts". Before that i had hard fractal images.

im grateful right now, i only see the Vs static and innt big deal.

• 2 weeks later...

I get similar symptoms . Every times go to bed as soon as I turn the lights off my visuals get worse, electric colours run across the walls mainly red green and blue i also see eyes in the dark and faces in the darkness . It's really rather strange but I have learnt to deal with them but still this is my worst symptom .

I found this symptom one of the hardest to deal with . And deal with It i must . I have found that when I accepted it as a part of my new reality I became no longer scared of them . Still this the hardest symptom Iv had to deal with. If anybody else experiences the same please talk about it . I have found this helps a lot .

• 11 months later...

im not seeing it, but at the same time I am, it's so hard to describe...

Yeah i was thinking about this last night with same words... I am not seeing it but at the same time i am... It is not a hallucination or CEV. Seeing something in the brain. Really weird and nearly impossible to describe. It is like an introduction to a dream but you are awake. I also hear things rarely but again i dont ''hear'' it. It is in the brain. Really weird... All i hear is fucking tinnitus unfortunately. I have to say that my CEV's except visual snow (faces, sometimes scary) and this weird issue started after my first try of pot, 3 months sobriety after the onset of HPPD. I smoked a half of a joint. First i felt like oh god i missed this feeling. Then my visuals started to go crazy, letters moving, strong after images etc. Then a bit anxiety but i was still happy because i love weed and i could fight with little anxiety.. 1-2 hours later i went to bed and 10 minutes later in the dark suddenly i realized that i was seeing a beach with sea, sand, trees etc. It was not clear or colorfull, like a dark pale shadow but it was there. My anxiety started to increase then i thinked about a human face. I dont know why i thinked or dont know how to describe but a human male face like joker with a bitchy smile and suddenly i saw it as a CEV and immediatly afterwards a hardcore panic attack started. After 3 months of my onset of hppd my cev's were only little bit vs and i never have a panic attack after my sober period but after this panic attack i could not sleep at dark nearly 4-5 months any little sound from the house or outside was terrorizing me and as i said i started to see faces everynight. My CEV's started to diminish after 5-6 months but this seeing with brain issue continues. DO NOT SMOKE POT.

---

Edit: I forgot to mention, after this half joint pot experience interestingly my brains face recognition a bit changed. It is again hard to describe but i became much sensitive to recognize a face. I hope you understand what i say, think about 9gag post ex : http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5791994_700b.jpg

By the way i am considering writing a really detailed topic about my hppd especially about symptoms with my weak english and i will do it in a week. I am sure you will enjoy because i really like reading people's detailed symptoms. 10 months passed from my onset and i am anxiety and dp/dr, brain fog free now. I am going to graduate this summer and there is not any problems with my social life(first month i could not leave my bed you can read my old introduction post how i got this shit etc-350-400ug acid- i was a terrorized corpse without any intelligence)I am clever and funny as old me now(except short term memory my short term memory is fucked like my pothead times and there is a %10-15 speech difficulty which is not understandable from others) but my visuals did not change a tiny bit in 10 months. They are still same. Tinnitus joined after 5 months. My biggest issues are 1.tinnitus,2.floaters,3.afterimages now. But there are also countless weird issues like the subject of this topic and i noted them all. I smoked pot 1 time in 10 months, started to drink alcohol after 3-4 months (1-2 times a week 2-3 bottles of beers) and i am still drinking but never drunk.

This ones worrying me. Does anyone else get semi hallucinations. Kinda like the grusome faces etc that can happen when ur tryna sleep but when ur awake like this is haaard to explan. Its not a full on hallucination but a thought u can kinda see sorta pops up.

I know exactly what you are talking about, i used to get this all the time. Scared the hell out of me. Used to get hypnic jerks too, where your falling asleep and you hear a loud noise and jerk awake with your heart beating fast as hell. They all went away with time though.