Question about your ghosting

Is your ghosting always the same?

I mainly have it in my left eye.

My ghosting is bad while squinting(both eyes), i read that the most of you have this too?!

But i also noticed that my ghosting is worse after staying to long infront of my computer(dreyeye?).

And another point is it is worse in the evening.

After awekening in the morning it is gone and it develops again in the daytime.

When i yawn(hope this is the right word) it is also away for a few seconds.

Could be i sign of dryeyes?! but drops doesnt work!

i also have a slight astigmatism, but glasses doesnt work too.

never noticed it before the other symptoms kicked in.

i read that this could also be a sign of the eyelid puts a pressure on the eye (in german: Rolladenphänomen, meaning shutters phenomenon? cant find the english term. ), this would also explain why it is gone after awekining. also my eyelid of the left eye is bigger or hangs deeper in the eye.

And why did i first noticed it after all this started....am i more aware of my eyesight, has the brain filtered it out before?

i know you possible not able to answer my questions,but maybe we could find things that are equal or diffrent.

My ghosting was a little better after some vision rehabilitation exercises (mainly staring at a blue circle for 20 mins a day). Later had a session of 'excessive brain activity' and it got worse.

Mainly in left eye.

Least bothersome in bright sunlight. Most noticeable in low light looking at LEDs or other such things. Perhaps strangest is that it takes a few seconds to develop fully - initially looking at a 'dot' it is one but it becomes two then three.

Computer doesn't affect it.

The eye lid could be something. When gently touching certain areas of the eyeball, the dots can converge back to one (no more ghosting) ... but it is impractical to walk around with ones finger stuck in there eye (but who knows, we could start a new fashion trend). Some possibilities are,

Astigmatism. The changes according to lighting (changes of iris aperture) would strongly indicate this. However, eye doctors should be able to detect this (as yours has). Also, why would it change with HPPD? The brain is more sensitive (common with lots of HPPD symptoms) to the multiple signals?

Also, why did mine improve when doing exercises specifically for retraining the coordination of Ambient and Focal visual processing?

Ocular Microtremor. (Going out on a limb here). The eye normally vibrates continuously ... very fast and very slightly. If this was altered, then signals to the brain would also be altered. Since eye movement is connected with the mid-brain and so is Ambient Visual Processing, coupled with possible dopaminergic neuron problem for some with HPPD - this could be related. Note, the mid-brain area uses lots of dopamine.

The brain is just processing visual info wrong. Self explainatory.

As far as the changes from touching the eyeball (the eyelid thing with you) ... this could change the shape slightly (astigmatism) ... could 'still' excess vibration (microtremor) ... or could simple elicit a response from the changes of data from the retina to the brain. Evidence for the latter can be seen from CEVs - people can create them without drugs simply by gently pressing on the eyeballs ... this seems to provoke the brain into trying to interpret the unusual retinal info.

Anyway these are some rambling thoughts. Thanks for the Rolladenphänomen info (however everything I look up so far is German).

BTW IMO Dali was a great artist. Wonder if this lady also has problem with the left eye?

dali-jewelry.jpg

i found a link which is in german and also in english but its not so detailed like some other german studys about it.

https://www.thieme-c.../s-2008-1045693

they call it: Venetian Blind Phenomenon

seems to be a german problem like HPPD an american lool, here you dont have altered vision you are psychotic :angry::wacko:

fu the ICD :)

BTW Dali never used drugs but his paintings are very Acid/HPPD inspired

I don't do drugs. I am drugs.

BTW Dali never used drugs but his paintings are very Acid/HPPD inspired

He was actually inspired by Freud (shows what a good shrink will do for you)

Some ironic trivia:

"In 1980, Dalí's health took a catastrophic turn. His near-senile wife, Gala, allegedly had been dosing him with a dangerous cocktail of unprescribed medicine that damaged his nervous system, thus causing an untimely end to his artistic capacity. At 76 years old, Dalí was a wreck, and his right hand trembled terribly, with Parkinson-like symptoms" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvador_Dali

http://www.migraine-...4/index_en.html

something about HPPDart there is also the excerpt of kurt cobain in the end...

also van gogh seems to have HPPD but they call it:

temporal lobe epilepsy precipitated by the use of absinthe in the presence of an early limbic lesion

http://ajp.psychiatr...rticleid=175449

but i think it fits better under HPPD but as you KNOW the most dont KNOW about it :P

220px-VanGogh_1887_Selbstbildnis.jpg

His famous self-portrait seems to be full of visual snow^^

And some say he cuts his ear because of Tinnitus.

And the painting of Georges Seurat, The Eiffel Tower, 1889

Also seems to be full of VS.

I think its very hard to get statistics about the prevalence of HPPD because in my opinion a lot of psychonauts have symptoms to some extend, but never searched medical help.And the others maybe have wrong diagnosis or no diagnosis.

If you read several Internetcommunitys there are a lot of possible reasons of these symptoms for example: PMA(the migraine thing), HPPD, Palinopsia, Stress, Anxiety, several esoterik reasons(this persons never are searching help they see it often as a gift) ever heard of Kundalini awekening? Krishna G. Kundalini: The Evolutionary Energy in Man. Shambhala, 1997.,

and this are only some possibilitys, Dont want to mention the mercury poisining and the other (sorry) "new age crap".

In my opinion there is ONE underlyind cause, read up about the mechanism of Drugs, Migraine, Anxiety....they are all messing with your neurotransmitters(Dopamin,Serotonin)...maybe then we come to the genetic component and fucking predefined Brains.

like if 10000 people go into a house which is built for 5 and partying, some day the house will collapse and the partypeople stand in the garden, if the 5 owners of the house are comming back they have no home anymore :lol:

if there would be a better cooperation maybe the science would be a step further. But people without a drug history dont want to be lumped with people with a drug history. People with drughistory especially users of halluzinogens say it has to be the drugs.

Spiritually people say it must be the snake Kundalini which is crawling up your spine...

Sorry for my writing excesses :)

And happy easter to all of you!

If you want to improve your eyesight naturally, you should know first the eye exercises that can strengthen the muscle of your eyes & reduces eyestrain, eye exercises such as Call The Ball, Follow Your Thumb, Palming, Bead And String, Look Away. Healthy diet is very important too, eat foods like Carrot, Eggs, Milk, Apricots, Berries, Black Currants, Cold-water Fish, Collard Green, Grapefruits, Grapes, Lemons, Plums, Spinach, Fish Oil, Raw Garlic(fresh). If you want to learn more about this natural vision correction visit at http://bit.ly/HowGetRidOfYourGlasses

If you want to improve your eyesight naturally, you should know first the eye exercises that can strengthen the muscle of your eyes & reduces eyestrain, eye exercises such as Call The Ball, Follow Your Thumb, Palming, Bead And String, Look Away. Healthy diet is very important too, eat foods like Carrot, Eggs, Milk, Apricots, Berries, Black Currants, Cold-water Fish, Collard Green, Grapefruits, Grapes, Lemons, Plums, Spinach, Fish Oil, Raw Garlic(fresh). If you want to learn more about this natural vision correction visit at http://bit.ly/HowGetRidOfYourGlasses

I don't think that any of that would help, the visual problems of hppd due to brain abnormalities and the damage is not in the eye.

The eye lid could be something. When gently touching certain areas of the eyeball, the dots can converge back to one (no more ghosting) ... but it is impractical to walk around with ones finger stuck in there eye (but who knows, we could start a new fashion trend). Some possibilities are,

This is exactly how it works for me. Anyone else?

the eyball touching works for me too.

maybe it has to do with the pupil size like mentioned in this article:

https://www.thieme-connect.de/DOI/DOI?10.1055/s-2008-1045693

if i go to the cinema and watch a 3D-movie i see the ghosting through the 3D-glasses like you see the movie without it i also see the 3D-effect but there is ghosting on every person, does anybody have this too?

i have another question about your ghosting effect...

You know the pinhole test? make a hole with a needle in a piece of paper and watch through it...

Do you still ahve ghosting while watching through it?

If you dont have it anymore its a refractive error of the eye(dry eye, astigmatism, eyelid pressure)

and not a organic one also its not related to a braindisorder.

My ghosting is completly gone by doing this test.

so seems to be an eye related phenomenom, dont know why i first noticed it post HPPD^^

How exactly does thit test work to get rid of ghosting? My ghosting is quite bad, if that could somehow correct it that would be great. how often do you do the test? I may be misunderstanding something :S

pinhole test,

1 a test performed on a person who has diminished visual acuity to distinguish a refractive error from organic disease. A refractive error may be corrected with glasses, whereas organic disease may signal the development of preventable blindness. Several pinholes, 0.5 to 2 mm in diameter, are punched in a card. The patient selects one and looks through it with one eye at a time, without wearing corrective lenses. If visual acuity is improved, the defect is refractive; if not, it is organic. The pinhole effect results from blocking peripheral light waves, which are most distorted by refractive error.

hmm its only a test maybe it would look a little bit stupid to glue a card with a pinhole infront of your eye.

:lol:

but if it works you coud try artificial tears or you ask your ophthalmologist for corrective glasses(prisms)

• 1 month later...

i have another question about your ghosting effect...

You know the pinhole test? make a hole with a needle in a piece of paper and watch through it...

Do you still ahve ghosting while watching through it?

If you dont have it anymore its a refractive error of the eye(dry eye, astigmatism, eyelid pressure)

and not a organic one also its not related to a braindisorder.

so seems to be an eye related phenomenom, dont know why i first noticed it post HPPD^^

I did the pinhole test and experienced something REALLY weird. First of all i've noticed that my eyes are really red, bloodvessles crawling all over them. Anyway i did the pinhole test, i saw only a little ghosting (I was looking at a lampscreen) but my whole visual field was covered in what looked like small cappillaries, but i only saw it when i moved the paper in circular way and still looking through the hole (The lamp screen was also warping like crazy while moving the paper and still looking through the hole). Maybe that means something, i mean that there are bloodvessels overlaping our pupils, what could that do?

Sorry for the shitty text but i am having a really hard time to formulating.

I did the pinhole test and experienced something REALLY weird. First of all i've noticed that my eyes are really red, bloodvessles crawling all over them. Anyway i did the pinhole test, i saw only a little ghosting (I was looking at a lampscreen) but my whole visual field was covered in what looked like small cappillaries, but i only saw it when i moved the paper in circular way and still looking through the hole (The lamp screen was also warping like crazy while moving the paper and still looking through the hole). Maybe that means something, i mean that there are bloodvessels overlaping our pupils, what could that do?

Sorry for the shitty text but i am having a really hard time to formulating.

sorry i missed that^^ thats the purkinje's tree its quite normal i get this while eye examns too seems thts another thing our brain doesnt filter out like it should.

• 2 weeks later...

This may not apply, I don't know. But my brother has dyslexia (sp?) and he also wears glasses.. Anyways, when we were little, the doctors tried everything to correct it, no avail. They described it much the same way you guys do like the brain isn't filtering correctly.. Well he went to some Boston eye research thing (at like age 6) with another friend of his who has it (but doesn't wear glasses).. They were able to fix his dyslexia with colored lenses.. He wears a yellow tinted lense, his friend wears a blue tinted lense.. My mom said the doctors said colors messed with doing the filtering on objects you focus on. I asked him if he see's everything with a yellow tint. He said no- everything looks correct now. He said he can still wear regular glasses, but when he does- he cannot read/write well due to the dyslexia acts up really bad and everything looks screwed up in general- unless he writes on a yellow legal pad..

So, if the primary overlay color- does play a role in filtering on focused objects- maybe look into that research for some possible help in your ghosting problems..

Best of Luck!